2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

58 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

I know never to doubt the 5-D Chess Master, Bill Belichick.

Best I can think, They'll either flip this pick for some pass protection for Brady, or keep it and have 2 draft picks very close to each other. 

That would be overpaying in the next 17 hours. SEA acquired Duane Brown from the Texans today and the two Joes who could've been traded (Staley and Thomas) are hurt.

NE also needs a pass rush as well. Hoyer was released by SF, so he'll return to Foxboro by Wednesday.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles desperately needed a LT.  There were whispers of Staley, but after he got his face exploded against them yesterday I don't see that happening.  The Jason Peters injury may very well have cost the Eagles a trip to the Super Bowl.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Eagles desperately needed a LT.  There were whispers of Staley, but after he got his face exploded against them yesterday I don't see that happening.  The Jason Peters injury may very well have cost the Eagles a trip to the Super Bowl.

Having Elliott's NFLPA motion being denied within the last hour helps the Eagles a lot as the union has just 24 hours to file an emergency appeal. They'll likely winning the NFC East and home field advantage

11 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Having Elliott's NFLPA motion being denied within the last hour helps the Eagles a lot as the union has just 24 hours to file an emergency appeal. They'll likely winning the NFC East and home field advantage

They cant protect Wentz or run block anymore. He will get broken in half when they play good teams. 

Theyve lost too many key players to really contend this year. Sproles, Peters, Hicks, maragos, etc. others had stepped up but losing Peters is absolutely killer. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

33 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They cant protect Wentz or run block anymore. He will get broken in half when they play good teams. 

Theyve lost too many key players to really contend this year. Sproles, Peters, Hicks, maragos, etc. others had stepped up but losing Peters is absolutely killer. 

That's apparent, but look at the rest of the NFC:

Falcons seem to miss Kyle Shananhan, plus blow leads.

Seahawks have a horrible OL and the D is shakier than the past, but Russ is throwing it well with less of a run game than PHL.

Saints are OK, but not dangerous.

Rams have a good D line and youth but still have to learn to handle success.

Vikings are still all defense as Keenum doesn't throw the ball over 15 Yards.

Cowboys need Elliott to cover for a mediocre WR corps, D, and average coaches, but Elliott's about to sit. Cowboys DL is better than at the beginning of the year.

Packers would be the best team if they had their Rodgers.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots end up signing Brian Hoyer, whom the 49ers released following the trade, before they think about signing Kaepernick.

Related side note: Once Jimmy G gets the okay to start, that'll mean the three QBs on the Patriots 53 man roster in 2016 will each have started at least one game in 2017. All with different teams. Brady (NE), Brissett (IND), Garoppolo (SF).

Also, Dolphins have traded Jay Ajayi to the Eagles for a 4th round draft pick. Philly's offense gets stronger.

So Hue Jackson, future "they fired another coach?" of the Browns, has come out bitching that he wanted Garoppolo.  

Sad to say, apparently Garoppolo's agent told Cleveland that he'd never sign an extension to be a Brown. 

This is what happens when your franchise is probably better off playing in London.

...or being contracted outright.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

50 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Also, Dolphins have traded Jay Ajayi to the Eagles for a 4th round draft pick. Philly's offense gets stronger.

Only gets stronger if he's effective behind that OL. Wants is their leading rusher through eight games.

On 10/29/2017 at 6:51 PM, Ice_Cap said:

So I was promised an exciting local football team this season...

You're a Chargers fan already so you know what this feeling is like, but if you're talking about the Bucs here then, as the Bucs are prone to doing, you were sold a bill of goods. Every off-season is spent trying to convince the fanbase "we know last year sucked, but this year is gonna be different, you guys, we promise!" and then it never actually is any different after all.

The disappointment never goes away, sure, but I'm way too cynical by now to ever get truly excited with this franchise. Their next playoff appearance will mean more to me than any championship any other team I root for can win.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Only gets stronger if he's effective behind that OL. Wants is their leading rusher through eight games.

So he’s good? Never heard of him. 

If he can block then he’ll help. None of their RBs can block, and that’s their biggest weakness right now. 

Looks like hes kinda fat. Not sure they needed another big guy to go with Blount unless they plan on letting him go now or at end of year.  

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

So he’s good? Never heard of him. 

If he can block then he’ll help. None of their RBs can block, and that’s their biggest weakness right now. 

Looks like hes kinda fat. Not sure they needed another big guy to go with Blount unless they plan on letting him go now or at end of year.  

This season, he gets a lot of yards after contact (4th in the league), but is a subpar pass blocker.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article181836861.html

That’s unfortunate. Not sure what he adds then besides having more years left on his deal than Blount and being cheap. 

Again, if it all it took was a 3rd and 7th rounder for Kelvin, why didn't the Ravens do it? We have a terrible receiving corps behind Jeremy Maclin and (I guess) Mike Wallace.  Kelvin Benjamin would've been a lot more valuable to the Ravens than some rando 7th rounder.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

ya Browned it

Oh it gets better.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just now, CS85 said:

Oh it gets better.

I want to believe this because it's so delicious, but Grossi is kind of a joke in Cleveland. It sounds like something he'd speculate and then say actually happened when pressed. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived