2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's not true at all. Last year, when the Vikings were sitting at 5 and 0, right before the o-line exploded, Viking fans were all perfectly fine with the trade.

Fine is a good word to describe my feelings about the trade decision. Obviously, Vikings needed to give up long term assets for a short term fix. It didn't work out, but most things never do in Minnesota sports.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda forgot the Rams were playing at home this week...even funnier, CBS Los Angeles (Channel 2 and sister KCAL 9) was provided another doubleheader (Chargers-Jags on 2, Texans-Rams on 9), even though this is Fox's doubleheader week (Cowboys-Falcons is airing opposite on Fox 11).

I was taking a look at the rest of the Redskins schedule and noticed they play Thursday night games in back to back weeks. Thanksgiving against the Giants and the following week against the Cowboys. This brings their primetime game total to 5. One SNF followed by a MNF, two weeks later another MNF, then the back-to-back TNF games. There's even a chance of games getting flexed as well. It seems a little strange to me the team is scheduled this way.

Man, I knew Dak was going to have carry a larger burden without Zeke, but holy crap he’s literally doing everything.

He’s the Cowboys leading rusher by over 27 yards and scored the Cowboys only touchdown himself. Plus he’s having to dodge would-be tacklers almost every time he drops back. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Just looking ahead at the schedule.  Next two weeks are huge for the NFC, because the Rams play the VIkings and Saints back-to-back, so at least two of those teams will have 3 losses after that.

The Eagles play @Dallas, Chicago, @Seattle, and then @Rams, and might get the bit of wiggle room they need to ride this out and get one of the byes.

I heard they are staying on the west coast the whole week in between the Seattle and LA games - is that normal when teams from one coast have back-to-back games on the other coast?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just looking ahead at the schedule.  Next two weeks are huge for the NFC, because the Rams play the VIkings and Saints back-to-back, so at least two of those teams will have 3 losses after that.

The Eagles play @Dallas, Chicago, @Seattle, and then @Rams, and might get the bit of wiggle room they need to ride this out and get one of the byes.

I heard they are staying on the west coast the whole week in between the Seattle and LA games - is that normal when teams from one coast have back-to-back games on the other coast?

Yeah the Niners stayed in Youngstown in 2011 in between Cincy and Philly games. Pretty sure New England has stayed on the West Coast also.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Patriots are lucky the AFC is such a garbage fire (well moreso). 

Their defence has gotten better, but they'd still get shredded by a prolific offense like the Rams or Eagles(LOL what is this? 2001?) 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

30 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Patriots are lucky the AFC is such a garbage fire (well moreso). 

Their defence has gotten better, but they'd still get shredded by a prolific offense like the Rams or Eagles(LOL what is this? 2001?) 

Relax, they're doing fine.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Pretty sure the patriots would be favored over either of those teams. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If it weren't for the new extra point rule we're likely talking about the Pats going for a fourth straight Super Bowl. Just wanted to mention something positive involving the Broncos (and negative for the Pats) after tonight. 

Archived