2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

So Martellus Bennett pretty much swindled The Packers, right? 

He makes up a story about doctors wanting him to play injured, he whines about wanting surgery, tells his agent to tell teams he's opting surgery,  yet here he is playing in NE like nothing happened. 

How can he not be breaking some kind of rule here? 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

If it weren't for the new extra point rule we're likely talking about the Pats going for a fourth straight Super Bowl. Just wanted to mention something positive involving the Broncos (and negative for the Pats) after tonight. 

Are we sure New England beats Carolina in Super Bowl 50? No way in hell could I see that Patriots defense doing to Cam Newton what the Broncos did.

5 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Are we sure New England beats Carolina in Super Bowl 50? No way in hell could I see that Patriots defense doing to Cam Newton what the Broncos did.

After last year, I just assume the Patriots beat everybody in the Super Bowl not called the Giants. 

1 hour ago, Lenny Dykstra said:

Growing up, the noon thanksgiving game was always a joke because of the Lions. Strange seeing an important game there.

1 hour ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

You and me both buddy.

That awkward moment when the best NFL game on Thanksgiving is going to be the Lions game.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

15 hours ago, DNAsports said:

They're seen as the golden standard (arguably) of football. Why WOULDN'T they be favored?

I cant think of a reason. Was contesting some troll’s notion that they’d be “shredded” by the eagles or rams. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The AFC is really so pathetic right now compared to the NFC. 

AFC is Patriots, and maybe Steelers & Chiefs. 

Patriots will win it in basically by default again. Barring something crazy. 

NFC has Eagles, Saints, Rams, Panthers, and Vikings.

It's actually a legitimate toss up who will win it. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

The Saints scored 6 rushing touchdowns in Buffalo. Doing that without punting was last accomplished by the 1941 Bears, and doing it while rushing for over 295 yards was last accomplished by the 1957 Browns (Saints ran for 298).  ?

In schedule news, Saints at Rams (Week 12) and Panthers at Saints (Week 13) have both been flexed tp 4:25 ET.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So it's not really the time thats being flexed with the Rams-Saints game it's the station it's being moved from Fox to CBS who has the double header that week. I think I read that 80% of the country should now be able to see it. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

38 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

If and when the Rams get a game flexed to Sunday night football later this season, I believe that would leave the Bills and Browns as the only remaining teams who have only made one SNF appearance all-time (2006-present).

And yet the Giants and Dolphins are there every season. The Bills are at least entertaining (Sunday excluded) and have the best uniforms in the league. They'd look great on Sunday night.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oh great, Tyrod Taylor benched for some white guy who's not Colin Kaepernick. Bills are 5-4 and own their playoff destiny. This season is weird.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Oh great, Tyrod Taylor benched for some white guy who's not Colin Kaepernick. Bills are 5-4 and own their playoff destiny. This season is weird.

I'm definitely shocked that they're benching Tyrod while the team is still right in the mix for a wild card spot. This should be a decision that you make when the team is clearly out of the race. But he has played three terrible games this year, two of which the team could have won (at CAR, at CIN) had he made better throws. It's so frustrating because he has such a great arm, but he just never takes any chances downfield or he'll completely miss an easy throw to a wide open receiver. He targeted Kelvin Benjamin a grand total of one time against the Saints and basically threw checkdowns the entire game. I'm excited to see what Peterman can do, but he's definitely not the long-term answer at QB for the Bills, unless he suddenly becomes the '17 version of Dak Prescott. 

Archived