buzzcut

2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I tried getting Miami into the playoffs, but to no avail (not that I want them to make it or anything, as they'd be bound for embarrassment).

I noticed that even as dominate as the Eagles have looked, they could still lose home field advantage to someone, like the Rams or Vikings. I'll probably treat the NFC Championship as my Super Bowl because :censored: New England and Pittsburgh.

Dolphins could get in as a 5 or 6 seed if they're 9-7

“They did not want to take the chance and wait for the jinx,” Mike Delaney, executive vice president at LF Driscoll, the construction manager for the new Comcast tower, said of the ironworker crews who insisted on moving up the construction schedule to get Billy Penn in place.

Comcast’s original plan had been to place the last steel beam with Billy Penn onto the new skyscraper later this month as part of an official topping-off ceremony. But with the best-record-in-the-NFL Eagles cruising through victories, addressing the curse seemed more important than waiting

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/comcast/comcast-ironworkers-billy-penn-eagles-nfl-new-tower-20171130.html

I follow architecture and construction in another forum.  Many of us were waiting for a topping off ceremony for Phila's new tallest (technically the tallest in US outside of NY and CHI) and were confused why it just happened without any fanfair.  This explains it.

I tried to recreate last year's playoff layout, to no avail. I managed to get the Falcons in the 1st seed, Dallas in 3 (they couldn't go any higher), Green Bay in 4, Seattle in 2, but then I crashed and burned with the Giants. There's simply no way to get them into the playoffs without some crazy stuff, that I can't do if I'm trying to recreate last year. Getting the Rams and Eagles out was also a pain.

I for one am shocked that Richie Incognito did not dedicate his cleats to an anti-bullying campaign.

I feel so bad for the Bears. They are an awful team with almost no chance to make the playoffs in the next five years.

Chiefs biffing away the AFC West. Possible 3 way tie after today. Raiders at Chiefs next week is huge. 

The Detroit Lions old home, the Pontiac Silverdome was set for demolition today.

The charges went off... but... well...

Lions can’t even collapse properly.

This week ooooon The Big Dumb Ugly Chase for the Big Dumb Ugly AFC South Big Dumb Ugly Crowntm!

- Titans do it again! They beat someone they're supposed to beat! Back-to-back weeks! AND it's by double-digits this time! That's worth excessive exclamations to me!

- Still hoping the Jags Jag and stumble and somehow the Titans don't blow it down the stretch. Holding that tiebreaker is sweet, but I still don't feel confident about a week 17 winner-take-all scenario.

- The gulf has never been clearer: TEN 8-4 JAX 8-4 HOU 4-8 IND 3-9. The once perennial division winners wade in dead last, and the old basement dwellers vie for first. "The first ones nooow will later be laaaast, oh the tiiimes they aaare a chaaangin'"

Anybody see that dirty hit Gronk laid on Bills rookie Tre'Davious White? He's looking at a possible suspension. 

We may have seen the last of Tyrod Taylor in a Bills uniform. He left the game with a knee injury and I'm sure McDermott is ready to start Peterman for the final four games

9 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Tre'Davious White

Key and Peele

Yeah that was a :censored: move by Gronk. Wouldn't be shocked if he does get suspended for that. Belichick likely kicked Gronk's ass in the locker room postgame. He has absolute 0 tolerence for that kind of petty, selfish, bull :censored:. 

As far as Tyrod, He deserves better. Jags could be a legit team if they pick him up. 

Seeing Andy Reid fail makes me so happy deep inside.  I was kinda hoping that he'd make it to the Owl and get destroyed by the Eagles, but a total collapse is even more satisfying.

I turned on the very end of that game (right as the Jets scored the go-ahead TD) and when the announcers mentioned that the Chiefs didn't even have any timeouts remaining for their crucial drive, I literally became erect, because that's the most Andy Reid situation ever (well, besides being asked to leave a buffet because you're eating them out of business.)

2 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Anybody see that dirty hit Gronk laid on Bills rookie Tre'Davious White? He's looking at a possible suspension. 

He should be suspended for the rest of the season, playoffs included, for that. 

Not only was it a late hit, he actually injured White on the play too. 

Disgusting. 

Game changing bull :censored: PI call sets up the Seahawks for a TD.  Those huge game-changing penalties need to be reviewable.  Absolute trash.

It's literally the same guy throwing flag after flag after flag.. Just flagged an Eagles WR for holding on a run play, when the Seahawks guy was holding him!  Absolute disgrace by referees.

5 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

The Detroit Lions old home, the Pontiac Silverdome was set for demolition today.

The charges went off... but... well...

Lions can’t even collapse properly.

I'unno. I was in Baltimore for the game today, and they did a pretty good job of imploding. It was awful.

These referees can die.  They can all literally die.  There can't be penalties on every single play, and certainly not all only on one team.  This game is difficult to watch.  It's not a matter of playing well, it's a matter of when the flag will be thrown.  They've changed the game, given Seattle a million opportunities, and I hope they die - at least the one who is looking to throw PI and defensive holding on every single play, whether a pass is catchable or not.  I hope he's not looking and a receiver crashes right into him and knocks his head clear off his body, and then the other players jump on the decapitated head thinking that it's a fumbled football.