2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

I'd argue that injuries and the absence of Gronk impacted New England, but a win against them is always a delight.

Miami's playoffs hope are still alive but I think they already dug themselves too deep. They'd have to win out.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I'd argue that injuries and the absence of Gronk impacted New England, but a win against them is always a delight.

Miami's playoffs hope are still alive but I think they already dug themselves too deep. They'd have to win out.

The Dolphins should be able to beat the Bills next week, and again in Week 17. Buffalo's offense stinks right now.

14 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Maybe if they didn't have Blake Bortles, yes.  If they sign Cousins or another good QB, they could be a real force.  Elite RB, top-tier defense, decent weapons.  Watch out for them next season.

This is where I recall to our remembrance that the 2000 Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at quarterback...and nary a trace of offense outside of Shannon Sharpe.

Just saying...this is why they play the games.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

18 minutes ago, Buc said:

This is where I recall to our remembrance that the 2000 Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at quarterback...and nary a trace of offense outside of Shannon Sharpe.

Just saying...this is why they play the games.

Excellent point.

I mean, Trent Dilfer is the GOAT and all, but I still see your point. 

Do you doubt me? Who’s considered the GOAT nowadays? Brady. Brady’s lost two Super Bowls. Who did he lose to? The Giants. 

Has Trent Dilfer ever lost a Super Bowl? And who did he beat when he won? The Giants. 

Trent Dilfer is the GOAT. Don’t @ me. 

B)

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

Excellent point.

I mean, Trent Dilfer is the GOAT and all, but I still see your point. 

Do you doubt me? Who’s considered the GOAT nowadays? Brady. Brady’s lost two Super Bowls. Who did he lose to? The Giants. 

Has Trent Dilfer ever lost a Super Bowl? And who did he beat when he won? The Giants. 

Trent Dilfer is the GOAT. Don’t @ me. 

B)

well-done-old-sport.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So apparently even with Wentz out and Foles in, some "odds consultant" (whatever that means) has the Eagles (if at home) favored against every NFC playoff team except Minnesota (pickem), and in the SB, favored against every team but the Steelers and Patriots (the latter of whom they likely would have been the dogs against even with Wentz.)  I'm not sure how this translates into Vegas odds, but very surprisingly, Eagles (*sigh*) "Nation" has been taking it pretty well.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2017/12/odds-makers-like-the-eagles-in-the-playoffs-even-without-carson-wentz.html

vs. Vikings (pk)
vs. Falcons (+1)
vs. Rams (+2)
vs. Saints (+2)
vs. Panthers (+2.5)
vs. Seahawks (+3)

vs. Jaguars (+1)
vs. Chiefs (+1)
vs. Steelers (-3)
vs. Patriots (-6.5)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/31/2017 at 4:35 PM, BlackBolt3 said:

There have been many in the Panthers fan base this season wanting to clean house regarding the front office personnel. This move puts me squarely in that camp.

I TAKE IT ALL BACK

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

3 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

Talk about a wave of emotions. 

Even though the Steelers outplayed the Patriots, Ben had to get greedy with the fake-spike. Heartbreaking ending. 

They did dominate TOP but I wouldn't say they outplayed them. I'd argue it was more like 60-40 Steelers.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Hell of an ending to that Patriots-Steelers game. Damn. Got a bit of Deja vu for some reason. :lol:

People are going to talk about that "touchdown" called back (which was the right call btw), when Steelers should be blamed for going for a TD with 10 seconds left and no Timeouts, when they could have forced OT with a Field Goal. 

Also going to have to say, neither team was really "outplayed". Both Ben & Brady had similar stats in this game. Defense was the deciding factor. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

3 minutes ago, Kaz said:

What?  That doesn't even remotely make sense; why would the Steelers want to potentially put the game back into Brady's hands when they had a chance to ice it themselves

With 10 seconds & 0 TImeouts left. Spike + FG was the safest option.  

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Well then...I eagerly await @Still MIGHTY and his fellow Rams fans to deliver a pretty righteous smack down on me.

In fact, it got so bad that I went ahead and played on PS4 instead of watching the game... it was that bad. I don't think I can remember a time where Seattle got smacked around like this at CenturyLink.

38 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Hell of an ending to that Patriots-Steelers game. Damn. Got a bit of Deja vu for some reason. :lol:

People are going to talk about that "touchdown" called back (which was the right call btw), when Steelers should be blamed for going for a TD with 10 seconds left and no Timeouts, when they could have forced OT with a Field Goal. 

Also going to have to say, neither team was really "outplayed". Both Ben & Brady had similar stats in this game. Defense was the deciding factor. 

You and other Patriots homers (don't even argue, you're lying to yourself) should be lucky Brown was injured and that the "catch" rule sucks. You'd be whining out your ass if lost on a similar call.

Good game I guess. Gronkowski is a little punk.

NSFCvyu.png

9 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Just throw a back-corner fade there. If you hit on it, great; if he’s covered, chuck it out of the back corner and make your field goal.

Exactly.

As much as I don't want it to be, the touchdown-called-back was the right call. Throwing a slant across the field where the Patriots have 5 defenders was a bigger reason they ended up losing. You kick the field goal and prolong the game. Who knows what could have happened in overtime?

In other news, Antonio Brown has been diagnosed with a partially torn calf muscle. Hopefully he's back for the playoffs (which right now is what the Steelers are aiming for).

48 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Can we all admit that the Patriots are the real reason the NFL's ratings are dropping? Everyone outside of New England is tired of games and championships constantly being won too often and way too frequently by the least deserving franchise/fanbase in sports.

Fixed.

The Pats problem is simple- they win too damn much.

Archived