buzzcut

2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

I really think the Niners trading for Jimmy G was a fantastic move. They're AWFUL, and he's pretty much willed them to four straight wins. I know it's early, but I'm VERY impressed with him. If he can get a decent team around him, he could be VERY good in the years to come. 

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Yeah... Ram it (Up your damned asses).

Signed, sore ass Seattle fan that doesn't like the idea of losing the division to anyone else.

Sore loser. Sore winner. Sore person. Whatever you want to call yourself.

Go Falcons. Go Cardinals.

Signed, Rams fan excited about the true return of football to Los Angeles and celebrating a division title.

P.S. RAM IT!

The Cleveland Browns have 15 losses. One more loss and they'll have a winless season.

9 minutes ago, dorshak said:

4-0 in preseason

That's incredible. It's hard to put a finger on what caused the castle of cards to come tumbling down on day 1 of the season.

The Steelers can still :censored: the bed, next sunday. I don't see it happening with a team like Pittsburgh. But crazy things can occur in sports.

7 hours ago, dorshak said:

Romo did a great job for his first year. Anybody who disagrees needs to lighten up.

Romo has been stellar in the booth. His Grinch/Belichick line was hilarious. I’m just bummed he wasn’t on the field still. I still think about what might’ve been last year, or even this year after Zeke got benched. Oh well.

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Sore loser. Sore winner. Sore person. Whatever you want to call yourself.

Go Falcons. Go Cardinals.

Signed, Rams fan excited about the true return of football to Los Angeles and celebrating a division title.

P.S. RAM IT!

Damn straight I'm a sore loser... wait, that came out wrong.

Still, I like my team's chances. Atlanta is probably going to blow another 28-3 lead and the Deadbirds are just playing out the string.

I'd love to see Round 3 between Seattle and Los Angeles. Nothing like getting payback when it matters the most.

0-15

wqu1sjfe21lz.gif

Funny enough, I traveled to Cleveland last year for the Patriots/Browns game. I saw this guy on the Jumbotron and I knew I recognized him from somewhere but at the point, I couldn't put my finger on it. When I got back to my hotel, it clicked and I absolutely lost my mind.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/12/24/nfl-teams-reportedly-think-the-packers-should-have-to-release-aaron-rodgers-over-ir-move/?utm_term=.6132b061cb82

OK, sure, it will never happen.  But how f'n funny is it to think about?  It would be the perfect ending to one of my favorite Packer seasons ever.

So the NFL just announced the they will not flex a game next week. No Sunday Night Football game for week 17.

12 minutes ago, PittsburghSucks said:

So the NFL just announced the they will not flex a game next week. No Sunday Night Football game for week 17.

In place of a Sunday Night game, they're flexing five games into the 4:25 PM time slot. 3 for CBS (Jacksonville-Tennessee, Buffalo-Miami and Cincinnati-Baltimore) and 2 for Fox (Carolina-Atlanta and New Orleans-Tampa Bay).

This was done to insure that all the games with some sort of playoff implication would played at the same time.

43 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

In place of a Sunday Night game, they're flexing five games into the 4:25 PM time slot. 3 for CBS (Jacksonville-Tennessee, Buffalo-Miami and Cincinnati-Baltimore) and 2 for Fox (Carolina-Atlanta and New Orleans-Tampa Bay).

This was done to insure that all the games with some sort of playoff implication would played at the same time.

That's weak. I guess the fact that it's New Years Eve and they don't have a winner take all game is their reasoning for canceling the season finale of SNF?

2 hours ago, Brass said:

0-15

wqu1sjfe21lz.gif

Funny enough, I traveled to Cleveland last year for the Patriots/Browns game. I saw this guy on the Jumbotron and I knew I recognized him from somewhere but at the point, I couldn't put my finger on it. When I got back to my hotel, it clicked and I absolutely lost my mind.

What are the odds of the Browns pulling off the first 0-16 season since 2008?

12 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

UVKvlUD.jpg

14 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

They’re playing the Steelers. So... like 95%

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

I kinda like this move. It reminds me of March Madness. I just hope the games are exciting. 

9 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Between the Bills and the Sabres, I've pretty much lost the ability to feel feelings about sports. I mention that just because I hope I don't come off as a homer, but damn is it frustrating having a rooting interest in an NFL game these days. Fixing officiating needs to be the #1, 2, and 3 priorities for the league. Why the hell are we even watching these games if we can't trust what's going on on the field? Replay was supposed to overturn the obviously horrible calls that everyone talked about the next day; it turned into football Skynet with a mind of its own.

Mike Pereria makes a great point, let the officials on the field make the final determination. Taking the decision out of their hands and giving it to some anonymous suit in a NY office was a stupid move and it has only made things worse. First thing's first, they need to change the stupid catch rule. Stop punishing receivers for trying to make a play in-bounds.