buzzcut

2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

Despite the horse crap ending the other week, I was happy to see the Patriots get the tie-breaker, since I hate the Steelers and all, but this offensive line and suspect defensive performances have me thinking someone - Ravens, Steelers, maybe even Jags - are gonna come in there and just grind them down and pull off an upset. 

Really hoping for a Browns win. This team never captured the ignominy of the 2008 Lions (that safety!), they just suck like all Browns teams seem to do. Only one team deserves this immortality.

I'm hearing that the Eagles don't want to win the SB without Wentz, so out of respect to him, they might throw their first playoff game so that he can lead them to the title next year.  Hopefully this isn't the case but I'm pretty sure they've decided to take themselves out of the running.

It's good to see New England continue their ways as "The John Cena of the NFL" and they will probably remain this way as long as Brady and Belichick remain at a high level.

If you want to watch a great offensive game, turn on Cowboys-Eagles. Truly, some outstanding football. 

13 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The Browns are officially 0-16.

How many have they lost in a row now?

Who do you guys think will be the unlucky sap that gets picked first overall by the Browns in the 2018 Draft?

7 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

How many have they lost in a row now?

Only 17 in a row, they won against the Chargers in week 16 last year.

There are a lot more fans wearing close to USC colors then Ram jerseys at the Coliseum today.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Really hoping for a Browns win. This team never captured the ignominy of the 2008 Lions (that safety!), they just suck like all Browns teams seem to do. Only one team deserves this immortality.

While that's true for this season, I think of this 0-16 as a lifetime achievement award for these expansion Browns.

49 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Who do you guys think will be the unlucky sap that gets picked first overall by the Browns in the 2018 Draft?

Since obviously no player wants to be drafted there or sign as a FA unless that's the only option, I wonder if the NFLPA has any room to take action here?  They could make the case that the way the Browns are run is detrimental to their members, and that they deserve 32 options where teams are at least not run so completely incompetently that they win 1 game over 2 seasons, and not much more than that in their entire franchise history.

It would be neat if they forced the league's hand into having a "disbursement draft' - basically an expansion draft, but for the Browns.  Of course if the guys making the picks for the Browns are the same, then they're just going to draft crappy players in this draft too.

33 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Since obviously no player wants to be drafted there or sign as a FA unless that's the only option, I wonder if the NFLPA has any room to take action here?  They could make the case that the way the Browns are run is detrimental to their members, and that they deserve 32 options where teams are at least not run so completely incompetently that they win 1 game over 2 seasons, and not much more than that in their entire franchise history.

It would be neat if they forced the league's hand into having a "disbursement draft' - basically an expansion draft, but for the Browns.  Of course if the guys making the picks for the Browns are the same, then they're just going to draft crappy players in this draft too.

Uh....trust the process?

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

While that's true for this season, I think of this 0-16 as a lifetime achievement award for these expansion Browns.

It's a different 0-16 than the Lions' variety. While that Lions team was a bit more of an isolated case, these Browns have been in free fall the past few years. It's the culmination of about 20 years worth of mediocre-to-terrible football. 

Would contraction be an option, with the old Browns' records going back to the Ravens? I know that eliminating a franchise won't happen, but it's a legitimate idea given the state of the Browns.

11 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

It's a different 0-16 than the Lions' variety. While that Lions team was a bit more of an isolated case, these Browns have been in free fall the past few years. It's the culmination of about 20 years worth of mediocre-to-terrible football. 

Would contraction be an option, with the old Browns' records going back to the Ravens? I know that eliminating a franchise won't happen, but it's a legitimate idea given the state of the Browns.

The 2017 Browns are the end result of constantly blowing up the front office and coaching staff every few seasons. Fans clamored and cheered for each new coach. Only to demand they be fired after the first bad season.

The problem is after Crennel (who was here FOUR SEASONS), we had Mangini (2 seasons), Palmer (2 seasons), Chudzinski (1 season), Pettine (2 seasons), and now Jackson (2 seasons and counting).

After Chudzinski got fired in a power struggle with a horrifically inept front office that was let go shortly thereafter, there was no hope of finding a decent coach out there who would take the job. Pettine was a HIGH SCHOOL COACH primarily. He coached like a high school coach. But, he was at least serviceable. But, he needed to stay. Everyone WANTED Jackson when we hired him. No. It just snowballed the problem further. 1-15, 0-16. What's next? Negative wins for the year?