2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Buffalo Bills are officially in the playoffs. I don't recognize this world anymore.

Grading on a curve, the is like winning the Super Bowl for us. Two Super Bowls. In nine months, the hospitals in Buffalo will be overrun.

5 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

And now the longest AFC East playoff drought belongs to,,,,

At 7 seasons (41.2% of the way to the now defunct Bills futility)

That's crazy that it's been 7 years already for the Jets and it's considered the 3rd longest playoff drought. 

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

In 2005, the Browns went 6-10.  Two teams worse than them were New Orleans and Green Bay.  Now a dozen years later, both New Orleans and Green Bay have turned themselves around, especially New Orleans, who went from "almost the San Antonio Saints with Aaron Brooks" to the Toast of the town with Drew Brees.  Now, Green Bay hasn't been great this year, but at least the Packer fans know that there is hope for next year, especially with Rodgers 100%.

Both teams (Saints & Packers) won a Super Bowl even... Ouch.

So wait a minute, Tennessee made the Playoffs, Now Buffalo makes it too. 

We all know what must happen now.......Buffalo vs Titans in the AFC Championship! :lol:

Make it happen NFL! 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

16 minutes ago, RockyTopper said:

They're in baby! Titans clench the wild card!

Not a pretty season, in fact quite ugly this last month or so, but they got the win when their destiny was in their hands and won when it mattered most. When it's basically the first time I can say that in a decade, you bet I'm glad to take it. If it didn't sound silly since it's a multi-million dollar pro sports club I have no direct control or influence over, I'd say I'm pretty proud of them.

The Chiefs are beatable, I believe it's not impossible for the Titans, but that'd be more icing on the icing on the cake and I'm just glad they're in. Just hope they come out for a decent showing win or lose.

Jags win the division, but the Titans sweep them in the season, and the Bills make the postseason. Are we sure it's not 1999?

Don't forget the playoff bound Rams (Though they aren't in St. Louis, Missouri anymore).

4 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Now there's another reason why the Browns should go back to their original uniforms.

The new ones are not only a downgrade visually, but now they're associated with the winless season.

They need a rebrand at this point. 1999-present era has always tarnished the name, but the 2010s have officially made it irreparable.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Was Garappolo (sp?) widely considered to be a franchise QB, or is it reasonable for teams to pass on him thinking he was another Flynn?  IF the former, then that's another blunder for the Browns since they could easily have done better than SF's #2.

Not only did they pass on Wentz, but they actually said on record that they didn't evaluate him to ever be a top 20 QB.

It's slightly different as Flynn was an UFA and Garapolo was under contract. From his two starts last season, it was clear that his skills were pretty legit, but since he was under contract, the price NE demanded at the time was too high.

Since he was traded near the deadline, the Pats leverage with the other 31 teams was exploring...quickly. If they let him hit free agency*, all they'd get is a compensatory pick in 2019 because there was no way they could afford to franchise or transition tag him.

*-SF failing sign him at a slight discount after the trade is now in the same position.

I've heard a lot of speculation that Belichick wanted to keep Garoppolo, as he truly believed he was the "Steve Young" to Brady's "Joe Montana". 

Sending him to San Fran when Cleveland already had a better offers on the table is also very uncharacteristic of Belichick. He's almost always a "Ruthless Calculus" type of person. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Congrats on the playoff clinch, Buffalo. I didn't care if we won or lost, our season sucked and we weren't going anywhere, but you guys needed this more than anyone (outside of maybe Cleveland). Good luck to you!

And :censored: Cutler; I hope he stays retired.

Archived