2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

Well, apparently there's this thing called training camp going on, so let's get this thread started, shall we?

P.S. I had thought about subtitling this thread "New England and the 31 dwarves", but decided against it.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The situation surrounding the Cowboys' release of Lucky Whitehead frustrates me.

-He was charged with shoplifting

-2 hours later he gets released 

-Actual case of mistaken identity

-Charges get dropped

He never got to explain the situation.

The worse part about it is the fact that this team still has players with more serious crimes on its roster. DUIs, domestic abuse, etc.

I certainly hope Whitehead finds a new team he can thrive on instead of being on that dumpster fire of "America's Team"

12 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The situation surrounding the Cowboys' release of Lucky Whitehead frustrates me.

-Charges get dropped

The worse part about it is the fact that this team still has players with more serious crimes on its roster. DUIs, domestic abuse, etc.

I certainly hope Whitehead finds a new team he can thrive on instead of being on that dumpster fire of "America's Team"

He can always join an NFC East rival. That'll show Dallas. :lol:

36 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

-Charges get dropped

Even prior to last week's dognapping, Whitehead was fighting for a roster spot as the 7th WR.

The drafting of Ryan Switzer in round 4 in April made him behind Beasley on the depth chart as the second Y receiver.

He's not worth the headache.

Let's be clear, Whitehead was going to be cut regardless due to him being a poor WR, and the Cowboys drafting his replacement in the return game in Switzer. It was a number's issue and he was behind several more talented WR's on the depth chart. He was not going to make this team. 

Having said that, what wouldn't I give to have ONE drama free off-season for the Cowboys. This is getting ridiculous.

I know this is "America's Team" and all of that BS, so there is an added spotlight to being a Cowboys player that other teams simply don't have to deal with, but this s*** never stops. Year after year, there's always something. 

I would have rather the Cowboys made an example of Damien Wilson, a talented SLB who was charged with aggravated assault on the 4th, than Lucky a player who was 7th on the depth chart and who was rather ironically, unlucky with this mistaken identity. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Tannehill is gonna be out for a while (and maybe the season). Possible replacements include Cutler, Kaepernick, and of course, Matt Moore.

I think I'm already going to concede this season.

If I'm Miami, I'm doing everything I can to sign Kaepernick. Cutler is a cancer on a team (any Chicago fan can tell you that) and Moore, while doing well late last season, is the guy you want to lead the team through the whole season.

4 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

If I'm Miami, I'm doing everything I can to sign Kaepernick. Cutler is a cancer on a team (any Chicago fan can tell you that) and Moore, while doing well late last season, is the guy you want to lead the team through the whole season.

Kaepernick would be Ozzie Guillen 2.0 in that his opinions on Castro would not warm him to the fanbase. FWIW Cutler was better in that one season he was with Gase.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

All the jokes about what a good analyst Cutler was going to be once he had an elite play-by-play announcer, sideline reporter, and production truck, gone like dust in the wind...

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, Wunderdog said:

NFL Football Matchups & Computer Predictions - Week 1: September 10, 2017 @ 01:00pm - Philadelphia Eagles at Washington Redskins

COMPUTER PREDICTIONS STRAIGHT-UP

TEAM                     SCORE    PERCENTAGE TO WIN GAME
Philadelphia Eagles    21.250    33%
Washington Redskins    26.500    67% 

COMPUTER PREDICTIONS AGAINST THE SPREAD

TEAM    SPREAD    TOTAL
Philadelphia Eagles    +2.5    48.0 over
Washington Redskins    -2.5  Winnner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!    48.0 under  Winnner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

Please do not post separate threads for each game. Keep weekly NFL talk confined to the 2017 NFL Season thread. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

The Dolphins would have a very hard time selling a Castro apologist to their fanbase, for obvious reasons. I'd be surprised if they don't steer clear of Kaepernick.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Cutler to the Dolphins...thank god the NFL dodged the bullet of having a bad guy on a team.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

For the Rams should they start Mannion ahead of Goff in Week 1?

Huh? No. Goff will be the Week 1 starter barring him catching on fire or something. Mannion looked good in last preseason playing with third stringers against third stringers and has had a "strong camp" but he's not taking Goff's spot soon. You know, the whole No. 1 pick investment thing. But if things continue to go way south, everything's open.

Also, it doesn't matter who's under center if the o-line sucks, can't protect and can't Gurley going. Get the offensive line in gear, and you get a chain reaction of results behind it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Each team will win 54 games and each team will lose 54 games....oops, wrong sport. 

Bold preseason predictions: 

• Dallas will regress big time. I predict a 7-9 season. 
  • The Eagles will win the NFC East - easily. 
  • Tom Brady will finally start showing his age. He'll still be decent, but Jimmy Garoppolo will get some starts and the Pats will go 10-6 - which is still more than enough to win the AFC East by 3 games. 
  • Helped by the return of Matavis Bryant, the Steelers will be the best team in the AFC.
  • The San Diego Los Angeles Chargers will win 10 games and make the playoffs. 
  • Tennessee will win the AFC South.
  • Arizona will ride an easy schedule to the #1 seed in the NFC...then they'll promptly lose their first playoff game. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived