2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

6 minutes ago, waltere said:

I know they've only played the Bills and 49ers, who are pretty bad and utter toilet respectively, but the Panthers defense has only given up 6 points in 2 games, not bad at all.

It's a start, but I'm really hoping that the offense starts clicking.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know even though they lost today the rams look a hell of a lot better than last year. The offense and Jarred Goff final play aside looks like they belong in the NFL, and if it weren't for stupid penalties and uncharacteristic lack of run defense they probably would have won. So I'm pretty happy with the progress they are making. I also wouldn't be surprised if they are competing for the division for a decent part of season given Seahawks and cardinals look like they haven taken a couple steps back. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Are the lame duck Raiders being supported well by Oakland?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

According to ESPN they had 54k there today, which is what they averaged last year. That average also put them in last place in the league, though they'll be safe from that distinction this season. 

On 9/15/2017 at 4:38 PM, ozzyman314 said:

I'm not sure you know how Karma works. 

Vontaze Burfict is a complete thug & a safety hazard to the entire league. Bungles deserve all the :censored: they're experiencing for keeping that PoS. 

P.S. Karma is real, which is why the Patriots have 5 titles. 

Christ. Thanks for pissing on all the work that us reasonable Boston fans on here have done to try to project an image that we aren't all like you...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Via NBA Reddit, I learned that NBC used Roundball Rock today following a Freeman TD celebration: https://streamable.com/v47cc

Nice. All-time great TV sports music.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Now that Comcast SportsNet's RSNs are becoming NBC Sports, there's no good reason not to use that music for local Bulls/Celtics/Wizards/Sixers/Warriors/Blazers telecasts. It is, after all, the NBA on NBC!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, colortv said:

Chargers first regular season game at stubhub drew 25,381 fans.

Considering the stadium holds 27,000 and (sorry to bring politics into this) the Kaepernick boycott, I'm not surprised. They should've worn white pants though.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

4 hours ago, kimball said:

The lighting in the Falcons new stadium looks weird. Anyone else noticing that?

Yeah, it almost looks like they made an artificial sun. It one section of the lights was substantially brighter than the others, giving that one shadow look that just plain looks weird indoors.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

14 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Apparently the Broncos didn't get the memo that you're suppose to play your worst game, like every Cowboys' player is doing. 

Cowboys haven't been blownout like this in quite some time. Winning the turnover battle, minimal penalties, but just simply being beat in every facet of the game. 

Well done, Broncos. Ain't even mad. 

Denver is easily the toughest Defense Dallas plays all season. Seattle is second; but getting Seattle at home is miles better than having to face two of the best Defenses in the league in two of the hardest stadiums to win at as a road team.

Hopefully, this blowout is a wake-up call because playing crap like this repeatedly is nothing but trouble.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

9 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Considering the stadium holds 27,000 and (sorry to bring politics into this) the Kaepernick boycott, I'm not surprised. They should've worn white pants though.

I'm not sure it would have been at (or beyond) capacity if Kaepernick was in the league.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure it would have been at (or beyond) capacity if Kaepernick was in the league.  

The league would have more boycotters with him in the league than out.  Either way, there's not another team in the league that will draw 25,000 fans.  They may as well have moved to Billings.  What a tremendous disaster.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

18 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well they're still averaging the same that they did last year. But they also still have 1/4 of the stadium tarped. And we've long since established that the Raiders have a unique "rebel" fan base that is not location specific.

ESPN provided this comedic gold vis-a-vis the ill advised move of not one but two NFL teams to LA (a city that apparently already had its football team in USC) regarding this weekends games in LA. Also keeping in mind the Rams and Chargers numbers were "announced" tickets distributed... not actual attendance. The LAC had several thousand seats still for sale on the resale market just prior to kick off on Ticketmaster/Ticket Exchange/StubHub.

DJ91pM3W0AIg6UQ.jpg

Archived