2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

At what point does Zeke's legal fees and costs exceed his salary for six games?  Going to SCOTUS should they accept his petition, would be at least a couple game checks on its own.  Probably time for him to sit his six games.  I also tend to think SCOTUS wouldn't hear this case, but that's just me.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

And the Cowboys season got more like an episode of "Ballers" or "Playmakers" . Zeke will have to appeal to the SNY court. If they choose not to hear next week during the BYE, he'll sit out the next six games.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidMooreDMN/status/918575718166155264

19 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Ballers > Dallas Cowboys football has never not been true :P

On the next episode of Cowboys...Zeke goes to court, Dez receives a present from his frenemy Josh, Dak's new HGTV series may be distracting him from QBing, and Jerry pressures Cole to go on IR, all the while plotting a trade for Jimmy G!

16 minutes ago, tp49 said:

At what point does Zeke's legal fees and costs exceed his salary for six games?  Going to SCOTUS should they accept his petition, would be at least a couple game checks on its own.  Probably time for him to sit his six games.  I also tend to think SCOTUS wouldn't hear this case, but that's just me.

He should sue Linehan for not feeding him enough on that last drive

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, tp49 said:

Since this was a workplace suspension, some of the costs are being handled by the Players Association.  The filing of the appeal with the Federal District Court in Sherman, TX was done by the union.

16 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

He should sue Linehan for not feeding him enough on that last drive

And sue Jason Garrett for thinking Linehan could actually coach a winning offense.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

13 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

This season can't really get much worse; it just got worse with the Zeke suspension.

As they say; "It can always get worse."

Boy howdy; they weren't kidding.

They will appeal to the S. District in NY, but the court doesn't have to hear it plus, they've ruled in favor of Goodell before with other cases.

Now...

While I understand the need to appeal from the union and he proclaims his innocence, but he and the team would've been better served had he just sat out the first six games.

1- That defense is terrible and he (and representatives) knew that secondary was going to be bad on Week 1.
2- Sitting for six now effectively ends their season.
3- If this carries over to next year, he'll lose more money as his salary is greater unless he and his representatives can sucker Jerry into an early extension which will minimize the financial hit. But while Bob Kraft can do that with Nrady, I'm not sure you do that on a rookie contract and with a players who makes poor choices off the field (which means Jerry will).

1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

They will appeal to the S. District in NY, but the court doesn't have to hear it plus, they've ruled in favor of Goodell before with other cases.

Now...

While I understand the need to appeal from the union and he proclaims his innocence, but he and the team would've been better served had he just sat out the first six games.

1- That defense is terrible and he (and representatives) knew that secondary was going to be bad on Week 1.
2- Sitting for six now effectively ends their season.
3- If this carries over to next year, he'll lose more money as his salary is greater unless he and his representatives can sucker Jerry into an early extension which will minimize the financial hit. But while Bob Kraft can do that with Nrady, I'm not sure you do that on a rookie contract and with a players who makes poor choices off the field (which means Jerry will).

Of course they'll appeal; I understand that. I don't want to see this media circus delayed like Deflategate was, and I feel like a lot of Cowboys fans would agree with me.

They (like me) would like to see a quick appeal, but that's not going to happen. Because the NFL would file an injunction in the case if the case gets overturned back into Zeke's favor, and this case will be as long, and as drawn-out as Deflategate.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Since this was a workplace suspension, some of the costs are being handled by the Players Association.  The filing of the appeal with the Federal District Court in Sherman, TX was done by the union.

I conveniently forgot the NFLPA was involved.  I also speculated without reading the decision, now that I have I see what they were trying to do and why the 5th Circuit dismissed.  Guess we'll see if they refile for an injunction in the proper venue (SDNY) or if he comes to his senses and serves the suspension.

26 minutes ago, tp49 said:

I conveniently forgot the NFLPA was involved.  I also speculated without reading the decision, now that I have I see what they were trying to do and why the 5th Circuit dismissed.  Guess we'll see if they refile for an injunction in the proper venue (SDNY) or if he comes to his senses and serves the suspension.

Granted, he's accumulated lots of billable hours due to the incident(s), but the NFLPA is covering a portion and they're the ones who brought in Jeffrey Kessler.

The Panthers offensive players have got to be some of the most frustrated in the league.  If Cam Newton is running the ball after he's gone through his progressions, his offensive line doesn't know where to go.  If there's a RPO, the backs aren't sure they're getting the ball from a QB that's so used to being 'the guy' to make a play.  And when Newton does throw the ball, the WR's have about as much an idea where the ball's going as much as Newton does.

3 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Why is he wearing the jersey of a Tennessee Titans legend? They're division rivals. 

Despite his number being retired by the Titans, he never played for the Titans. The Oilers' history is also part of the Titans' history.

Not to mention that Moon was a legend in Houston. You show respect to the legends.

The Jets are up 14 on New England.  What is going on with the Jets?  I would have taken the under on two wins.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

And now, the biggest injury bombshell of the season: Aaron Rodgers breaks his collarbone again and is possibly out for the season.

With that, the NFC North is wide open. Also, backup Brett Hundley, on the last year of his contract, is now playing for what could be a huge payday next season. If he can get the Packers back into the playoffs, some other team is going to make him a very rich man.

On the other hand, if he keeps struggling going into the bye... Kaepernick?

CCSLC signature.png

Who wins the NFC?  Nobody looks too great.  Carolina?  Philly?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived