Recommended Posts

the admiral    10,632

If the game moves to a place other than the 27,000-seat StubHub Center, it would have to be moved to an NFL stadium,

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tp49    316

At what point does Zeke's legal fees and costs exceed his salary for six games?  Going to SCOTUS should they accept his petition, would be at least a couple game checks on its own.  Probably time for him to sit his six games.  I also tend to think SCOTUS wouldn't hear this case, but that's just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Discrimihater    313
48 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

And the Cowboys season got more like an episode of "Ballers" or "Playmakers" . Zeke will have to appeal to the SNY court. If they choose not to hear next week during the BYE, he'll sit out the next six games.

 

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidMooreDMN/status/918575718166155264

 

19 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Ballers > Dallas Cowboys football has never not been true :P

On the next episode of Cowboys...Zeke goes to court, Dez receives a present from his frenemy Josh, Dak's new HGTV series may be distracting him from QBing, and Jerry pressures Cole to go on IR, all the while plotting a trade for Jimmy G!

16 minutes ago, tp49 said:

At what point does Zeke's legal fees and costs exceed his salary for six games?  Going to SCOTUS should they accept his petition, would be at least a couple game checks on its own.  Probably time for him to sit his six games.  I also tend to think SCOTUS wouldn't hear this case, but that's just me.

He should sue Linehan for not feeding him enough on that last drive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dfwabel    1,050
1 hour ago, tp49 said:

At what point does Zeke's legal fees and costs exceed his salary for six games?  Going to SCOTUS should they accept his petition, would be at least a couple game checks on its own.  Probably time for him to sit his six games.  I also tend to think SCOTUS wouldn't hear this case, but that's just me.

Since this was a workplace suspension, some of the costs are being handled by the Players Association.  The filing of the appeal with the Federal District Court in Sherman, TX was done by the union.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rams80    2,886
16 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

He should sue Linehan for not feeding him enough on that last drive

 

And sue Jason Garrett for thinking Linehan could actually coach a winning offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season can't really get much worse; it just got worse with the Zeke suspension.

 

As they say; "It can always get worse."

 

Boy howdy; they weren't kidding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dfwabel    1,050
13 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

This season can't really get much worse; it just got worse with the Zeke suspension.

 

As they say; "It can always get worse."

 

Boy howdy; they weren't kidding.

They will appeal to the S. District in NY, but the court doesn't have to hear it plus, they've ruled in favor of Goodell before with other cases.

 

Now...

While I understand the need to appeal from the union and he proclaims his innocence, but he and the team would've been better served had he just sat out the first six games.

1- That defense is terrible and he (and representatives) knew that secondary was going to be bad on Week 1.
2- Sitting for six now effectively ends their season.
3- If this carries over to next year, he'll lose more money as his salary is greater unless he and his representatives can sucker Jerry into an early extension which will minimize the financial hit. But while Bob Kraft can do that with Nrady, I'm not sure you do that on a rookie contract and with a players who makes poor choices off the field (which means Jerry will).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

They will appeal to the S. District in NY, but the court doesn't have to hear it plus, they've ruled in favor of Goodell before with other cases.

 

Now...

While I understand the need to appeal from the union and he proclaims his innocence, but he and the team would've been better served had he just sat out the first six games.

1- That defense is terrible and he (and representatives) knew that secondary was going to be bad on Week 1.
2- Sitting for six now effectively ends their season.
3- If this carries over to next year, he'll lose more money as his salary is greater unless he and his representatives can sucker Jerry into an early extension which will minimize the financial hit. But while Bob Kraft can do that with Nrady, I'm not sure you do that on a rookie contract and with a players who makes poor choices off the field (which means Jerry will).

 

Of course they'll appeal; I understand that. I don't want to see this media circus delayed like Deflategate was, and I feel like a lot of Cowboys fans would agree with me.

 

They (like me) would like to see a quick appeal, but that's not going to happen. Because the NFL would file an injunction in the case if the case gets overturned back into Zeke's favor, and this case will be as long, and as drawn-out as Deflategate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tp49    316
2 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Since this was a workplace suspension, some of the costs are being handled by the Players Association.  The filing of the appeal with the Federal District Court in Sherman, TX was done by the union.

I conveniently forgot the NFLPA was involved.  I also speculated without reading the decision, now that I have I see what they were trying to do and why the 5th Circuit dismissed.  Guess we'll see if they refile for an injunction in the proper venue (SDNY) or if he comes to his senses and serves the suspension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dfwabel    1,050
26 minutes ago, tp49 said:

I conveniently forgot the NFLPA was involved.  I also speculated without reading the decision, now that I have I see what they were trying to do and why the 5th Circuit dismissed.  Guess we'll see if they refile for an injunction in the proper venue (SDNY) or if he comes to his senses and serves the suspension.

Granted, he's accumulated lots of billable hours due to the incident(s), but the NFLPA is covering a portion and they're the ones who brought in Jeffrey Kessler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HedleyLamarr    1,382

The Panthers offensive players have got to be some of the most frustrated in the league.  If Cam Newton is running the ball after he's gone through his progressions, his offensive line doesn't know where to go.  If there's a RPO, the backs aren't sure they're getting the ball from a QB that's so used to being 'the guy' to make a play.  And when Newton does throw the ball, the WR's have about as much an idea where the ball's going as much as Newton does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Wolf    832
34 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

At first glance, Deshaun Watson IS Warren Moon:

 

 

Why is he wearing the jersey of a Tennessee Titans legend? They're division rivals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seadragon76    310
3 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Why is he wearing the jersey of a Tennessee Titans legend? They're division rivals. 

 

Despite his number being retired by the Titans, he never played for the Titans. The Oilers' history is also part of the Titans' history.

 

Not to mention that Moon was a legend in Houston. You show respect to the legends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OnWis97    2,308

The Jets are up 14 on New England.  What is going on with the Jets?  I would have taken the under on two wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now