Absolutely ridiculous call to take a touchdown away from the Jets. The Patriots are already stacked and playing against a bad team - they really don't need the help.

And now, the biggest injury bombshell of the season: Aaron Rodgers breaks his collarbone again and is possibly out for the season.

With that, the NFC North is wide open. Also, backup Brett Hundley, on the last year of his contract, is now playing for what could be a huge payday next season. If he can get the Packers back into the playoffs, some other team is going to make him a very rich man.

On the other hand, if he keeps struggling going into the bye... Kaepernick?

The NFC is wide open, IMO. I feel like the NFC representative in the Super Bowl will just be the team that gets hot at the right time, which could be almost anyone, except for the Niners and Giants. 

Maybe the Dolphins aren't as terrible as I thought they were. That defense has been close-to-great... and the offense actually did something. Not expecting it to carry over the season much, but the AFC East cellar doesn't seem to have a reservation (yet).

30 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Absolutely ridiculous call to take a touchdown away from the Jets. The Patriots are already stacked and playing against a bad team - they really don't need the help.

It was 100% the right call.

It's basically the Dez Bryant "catch" controversy from the 2014 divisional playoffs. 

AFC looks just as wide open though.  The Pats and Steelers have been pretty underwhelming so far, and the Raiders seem to have bottomed out.  The Chiefs look really good, but I don't trust them in the playoffs.  Broncos could make some noise I suppose, but who knows...pretty ripe for a hot hand to run the table come playoffs.

So he’s claiming no team will hire him because of his politics? If that was the case, wouldn’t all the protesting players be free agents?

Seems more likely to me he has simply regressed as a player. I think he had a great season a few years back, but both him and the team fell off hard. 

59 minutes ago, Quillz said:

So he’s claiming no team will hire him because of his politics? If that was the case, wouldn’t all the protesting players be free agents?

Seems more likely to me he has simply regressed as a player. I think he had a great season a few years back, but both him and the team fell off hard. 

The reason others are not all free agents is because unlike Kaep, they are not the face of the movement and, therefore, do not bring with them nearly as much negative publicity.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

And now, the biggest injury bombshell of the season: Aaron Rodgers breaks his collarbone again and is possibly out for the season.

With that, the NFC North is wide open. Also, backup Brett Hundley, on the last year of his contract, is now playing for what could be a huge payday next season. If he can get the Packers back into the playoffs, some other team is going to make him a very rich man.

On the other hand, if he keeps struggling going into the bye... Kaepernick?

Antonio Ramiro Romo

4 minutes ago, smzimbabwe said:

Does Kaep have to have a football job? If nobody wants to hire him, maybe football isn't for him. 

He should try baseball. Maybe the Mets will take him! 

Colin Kaepernick was a couple yards away from winning the Super Bowl a couple of years ago. He's one of like three guys to win in Lambeau in the playoffs in the last 20 years.

If a guy like Tony Romo were a free agent -- someone who's accomplished half as much in twice as long -- he'd have no problem finding teams willing to give him a contract. Even the carcass of Peyton Manning would be able to find a job right now.

Kaep probably won't win because collusion is very difficult to prove. But that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

18 minutes ago, smzimbabwe said:

Does Kaep have to have a football job? If nobody wants to hire him, maybe football isn't for him. 

Have to? By all means, no, he doesn't.

However, when Mike Glennon, Scott Tolzien, CJ Bethard, Ryan Fitzpatrick, EJ Manuel, Kevin Hogan, Blake Bortels, Matt Cassell, and Deshaun Kiser have played this season, it seems odd not to even take a damn look at him with the practice squad for a tryout on a Tuesday.

Edited by dfwabel
added names