2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

C L E V E L A N D.  H A D.  T W O.  O P P O T U N I T I E S.

Unfortunately, Cleveland used those "oppotunities" to draft Carzon Wents and Dashjuan Watzen. Needless to say, using spellcheck was the first item on the agenda at the Browns post-draft meetings. 

BB52Big.jpg

13 hours ago, ninersdd said:

You think the Browns(and the 49ers) regret passing on Wentz and Watson?

I don't know. Of course we say yes in hindsight considering how they're playing.

But, this is also saying that Cleveland and San Francisco regretted passing on Dak. Hindsight is 20/20, and I don't think it's exactly fair to criticize these two teams for making a decision in the then-and-now, not knowing how these two QBs would develop.

Who even knows how good they'd play in these two organizations anyway. They could've been drafted by them; and played like [censored].

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

17 hours ago, CS85 said:

Trubisky throws a dime to TE Zach Miller, who makes the catch and gruesomely breaks his leg/knee in the process.  They then go to commercial, during which time the officials overturned the call (with no evidence whatsoever) and Miller is likely done with professional football.  

It's perhaps the worst overturn on review in NFL history.  

And now it's being reported today that surgeons are trying to save Miller's leg.  Not his season or his career, his damn leg.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

16 minutes ago, CS85 said:

And now it's being reported today that surgeons are trying to save Miller's leg.  Not his season or his career, his damn leg.

Woah... The hell did he break for his leg to be in jeopardy?

5 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Woah... The hell did he break for his leg to be in jeopardy?

Tore 2-3 ligaments, torn artery.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

30 minutes ago, CS85 said:

It's been said that Teddy Bridgewater was not that far away from losing a leg.

https://nesn.com/2016/09/was-teddy-bridgewater-in-danger-of-losing-leg-after-severe-knee-injury/

That's frightening to think about.  I've never heard of that happening with a football injury (doesn't mean that hasn't, of course).  But these happened at NFL facilities. I'm sure there are plenty of high schoolers who'd have lost their legs.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

There was a guy on San Jose State who got an infection after a football knee injury and lost his leg. They let him play in one of those college all star games with a prosthetic leg, but that's the only time I've heard about a guy losing a limb because of a football injury.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

22 hours ago, CS85 said:

Trubisky throws a dime to TE Zach Miller, who makes the catch and gruesomely breaks his leg/knee in the process.  They then go to commercial, during which time the officials overturned the call (with no evidence whatsoever) and Miller is likely done with professional football.  

It's perhaps the worst overturn on review in NFL history.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21225073/zach-miller-chicago-bears-undergoes-emergency-surgery-effort-save-injured-leg

on the lines of this:

Spoiler

so long and thanks for all the fish.

6 hours ago, CS85 said:

seeing the photo (go ask jeeves about it) and i said, that's gotta hurt like hell.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

8 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

I don't know. Of course we say yes in hindsight considering how they're playing.

But, this is also saying that Cleveland and San Francisco regretted passing on Dak. Hindsight is 20/20, and I don't think it's exactly fair to criticize these two teams for making a decision in the then-and-now, not knowing how these two QBs would develop.

Who even knows how good they'd play in these two organizations anyway. They could've been drafted by them; and played like [censored].

I think it's fair to criticize these two. Cleveland's not just been bad, but godawful for seemingly all eternity. It would be one thing if they passed on guys but were at least somewhat good, or even hovered around mediocre. instead, they're consistently the biggest laughing stock in the league. 

The Niners at least had three good seasons before falling off a cliff. I guess. Other than that, the 2000s have been rather lean for them. 

7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

There was a guy on San Jose State who got an infection after a football knee injury and lost his leg. They let him play in one of those college all star games with a prosthetic leg, but that's the only time I've heard about a guy losing a limb because of a football injury.  

My dad and I were talking about that recently after the Hayward injury.

37 minutes ago, ninersdd said:
Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
More

To repeat: 49ers are trading a 2018 2nd-round draft pick for Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.

Yeah this Jimmy G trade boggles my mind, even for a Belichick decision. 

1. I'm pretty sure they were offered A LOT more for him during preseason. 

2. Now Patriots have a 40 year old QB, with one of the worst O-lines in the NFL, and no back up for him. 

If Edelman wasn't hurt, I swear Belichick would have already drawn up plans for the Kent State QB to take over for Tommy. 

Belichick should just :censored: with everyone and sign Kaepernick.

Feel bad for Jimmy though, kid is going to have his career destroyed in that :censored:hole.  

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

25 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

Yeah this Jimmy G trade boggles my mind, even for a Belichick decision. 

1. I'm pretty sure they were offered A LOT more for him during preseason. 

2. Now Patriots have a 40 year old QB, with one of the worst O-lines in the NFL, and no back up for him. 

If Edelman wasn't hurt, I swear Belichick would have already drawn up plans for the Kent State QB to take over for Tommy. 

Belichick should just :censored: with everyone and sign Kaepernick.

Feel bad for Jimmy though, kid is going to have his career destroyed in that :censored:hole.  

Let's not pretend like the Patriots have ever gotten equivalent value for anything they've traded away.

They'll be ok.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

55 minutes ago, ninersdd said:
Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
FollowingFollowing @AdamSchefter
More

To repeat: 49ers are trading a 2018 2nd-round draft pick for Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.

Well, at least they traded Garoppolo out of the AFC East. I was fully expecting him to take over for Brady after 2018 and go on to dominate the Bills for the next decade, but now I don't have to worry about that happening.

2 minutes ago, Brass said:

Let's not pretend like the Patriots have ever gotten equivalent value for anything they've traded away.

They'll be ok.

I know never to doubt the 5-D Chess Master, Bill Belichick.

Best I can think, They'll either flip this pick for some pass protection for Brady, or keep it and have 2 draft picks very close to each other. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

If all it took was a 2nd rounder to get Jimmy G, I would’ve been interested to see the Ravens go after him. Could use some insurance when the Flacco era ends (Ryan Mallett is not the answer btw). 

It would be so great to see Kaep get signed by, of all teams, the Patriots. The irony there is absolutely delicious. 

spacer.png

Archived