2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Don’t look now, but the Cowboys are playing some damn good football. We’re looking like last year’s team. 

Probably already too late to catch Philly, but if Philly stumbles at all, Dallas will be right there.

The Cowboys actually control their own destiny right now since they're 2 games back but play the Eagles twice.

It's certainly within reason that the Cowboys win in Dallas in two weeks, and given their relatively easy 2nd half schedule, it actually could come down to that last game on NYE.  

I wouldn't be concerned if the Eagles lost, but considering they still have the Rams (they're seriously good?) and Seattle (in Seattle) left to play, it would certainly be in their best interest to pull out all the stops to get the W in Dallas.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Nah, it’s more USC doesn’t want to have night games on a school night. That’s why the Rams don’t have any prime time home games. 

I thought the same but apparently there are no restrictions on Sunday night games. so unless the NFL is crazy or the one of these teams collapse this is gonna be the Sunday night game. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

2 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Wow, Redskins pulled a rabbit out of their ass today!

Fixed it for ya... lucky chumps.

A few notes on my end...

-What happened to AJ Green is, in my mind, a microcosm of how the Bengals have been this season: Falling apart when things get tough. Don't blame Ramsey though, the guy shut him down to the tune of 1 single catch for 6 yards. Pretty sure a nice hefty fine and a suspension is coming his way.

-Same for the guy from Tampa as well. In fact, the Bucs might as well start waiving the white flag... it's gone downhill that fast.

-As a Seahawk fan, I'm now afraid of the Rams... yes, they still have to go to Seattle in December. But, what happened today in the Meadowlands gives me reason for concern. Same for the Eagles, but the game with Philly doesn't hold as much weight in the grand scheme of things as the rematch with the Lambs does.

Just now, Ice_Cap said:

Washington's lucky because the Seahawks couldn't protect G-d's gift to football on a vital end-of-game drive? ;)

Sure... of course there's the missed field goals (BTW, if Walsh still has a job tomorrow morning consider me shocked), the usual penalty problems and the seemingly large elephant in the room: They can't run the damn ball! It would be nice for them to not have Russell throw for 350 yards in a game for once.

There was always this thing in Philly called the "curse of Billy Penn" - no team had won a championship since the first building was built that was taller than the William Penn statue on top of City Hall (phila doesn't have a ton of skyscrapers because for a century there was an unwritten rule forbidding buildings taller than that statue.)

In 2008, the Comcast Center became the new #1 tallest building in the city, and they put a little tiny William Penn statue on top of it so Penn was once again the highest thing.  The Phillies went on to win the WOrld Series.

IN 2014 they announced a new tallest building would be built (Comcast Technology Center), and that they'd eventually move the statue to its top just to keep Penn as the tallest thing and prevent a new curse.

Now in 2017, they're getting close to topping out the new building. Not sure what the time frame is for relocating the statue, but if the Eagles go far, I assume it'd be sooner rather than later.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

If that 12/10 Rams vs. Eagles game isn't flexed to Sunday Night, NFL is just dumb. 

I could also see the Week 12 Rams vs. Saints game being flexed up to Sunday Night (if Green Bay loses the next two). 

If these both were flexed up, both of the Steelers remaining Sunday nights would be flexed down, which I'm fine with. I'd much rather watch my team play at 1 or 4:25 and have a West Coast team play at 5:00 PST. 

Is goff super good now? Wasn’t his thing that he sucked and didn’t even start last year?

3 hours ago, masterchaoss said:

I thought the same but apparently there are no restrictions on Sunday night games. so unless the NFL is crazy or the one of these teams collapse this is gonna be the Sunday night game. 

Thats awesome. I hope they do flex it. It’ll be to see the Rams playing in the Coliseum at night. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is goff super good now? Wasn’t his thing that he sucked and didn’t even start last year?

It's amazing what a creative, relatable offensive coach can do for a QB compared to the garbage Jeff Fisher attempted to execute.

This Rams turnaround is on a few things. Fixing the offensive line, adding receiving weapons, and bringing on Sean McVay as head coach and running the offense. The defense was already strong and talented, but add Wade Phillips into the mix as coordinator and that stays quality.

The situation around Goff has improved. Goff has time to throw. He has weapons to throw to. He has a coach that knows how to put those weapons into places to succeeds, how to get Goff to get the ball to those successful positions. All of those in turn have made Goff better.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

10 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Someone needs to tell Ben Mcadoo Halloween is over. 

No one is fooled by his "NFL Head Coach" costume anymore. 

I don't know about that, he had me totally fooled with that slicked-back hairstyle. I thought he was the real-life Gordon Gekko. 

gekko_1867355c.jpg

DFyt0IXVoAAvRqp.jpg

That Seahawks-Redskins game was crazy entertaining. I had zero belief that Cousins could lead a TD drive with less than two minutes to go, but then he made a couple of terrific throws to Quick and Doctson. The Seahawks should have had that game, I don't know why they are keeping Blair Walsh around. The guy is jinxed or something. Now the Rams have a game lead in the NFC West and Seattle will have to face the Cardinals on the road on a short week. 

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Cowboys actually control their own destiny right now since they're 2 games back but play the Eagles twice.

It's certainly within reason that the Cowboys win in Dallas in two weeks, and given their relatively easy 2nd half schedule, it actually could come down to that last game on NYE.  

I wouldn't be concerned if the Eagles lost, but considering they still have the Rams (they're seriously good?) and Seattle (in Seattle) left to play, it would certainly be in their best interest to pull out all the stops to get the W in Dallas.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly hope the Cowboys will catch the Eagles and I think there's a good chance the Cowboys can do it too, but ultimately Philly is just too good this year and they have too big of a head start. 

If the Cowboys can win next week in Atlanta and then beat the Eagles the following week, I'd feel a lot more confident about it, but I need to see it first. The Eagles have a tough 5 game stretch coming up (4 out 5 on the road and 3 of those road games are against Dallas, Seattle and LA), but if they can navigate it with 1 loss or less, there's no way the Cowboys will catch them.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I like how Cowboy fans (and everyone else for that matter) keep discussing Dallas' remaining games like the Ezekiel Elliot situation has just been wrapped up.  Every time the suspension is either back on or temporarily postponed every article you read talks about what it means "going forward".  

I fully expect Elliot to be suspended and unsuspended at least twice before next week's game.

But one things for sure... the NFL has decided he'll sit, and sooner or later, he will sit.  Maybe just in time for the playoffs.

He’s playing until he’s not. Can’t look at it any other way. You make predictions based on what you know. 

Archived