2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

3 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Zeke suspension is back on. The roller coaster continues.......

It's basically over.

SCOTUS is his and the union's only option.

Zeke is out of plausible options to save his 6 games. Can still file en banc appeal with 2d Cir and petition SCOTUS, but those are the longest of long shots.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportsLawGuy/status/928723860496748549

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far this Elliot drama goes, He should have giving up long ago. He's just going to hurt is team in the end as he'll end up missing the most important games of the season. 

That's why Brady bit the bullet last year & took his at the very start. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:27 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

I like how Cowboy fans (and everyone else for that matter) keep discussing Dallas' remaining games like the Ezekiel Elliot situation has just been wrapped up.  Every time the suspension is either back on or temporarily postponed every article you read talks about what it means "going forward".  

I fully expect Elliot to be suspended and unsuspended at least twice before next week's game.

But one things for sure... the NFL has decided he'll sit, and sooner or later, he will sit.  Maybe just in time for the playoffs.

Ahem.

Sherman's done for the year.

Correlation isn't causality, but I'm betting four days off for recovery doesn't help. Thursday games have to stop.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

59 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Correlation isn't causality, but I'm betting four days off for recovery doesn't help. Thursday games have to stop.

Homeboy, Tyvon Branch, may have re-joined "the club" after trying to stop that first Graham TD. He tore an ACL in December 2015.

Tonight, the NFC is really Philly's to lose even if their OL allows Wentz to be hit like Andrew Luck was his first two years.

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Not to mention that it's now becoming a weekly tradition for players to trash these game by calling them "terrible", "ridiculous", a "poopfest" etc.. That can't be good for business.

1 hour ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Not to mention that it's now becoming a weekly tradition for players to trash these game by calling them "terrible", "ridiculous", a "poopfest" etc.. That can't be good for business.

Players receive 50% of that TV revenue and no Thursday games makes the NFL Network unnecessary, so that even less revenue they'll split.

No TNF, no NFL Network.

Richard seemed against this, but he and his union took the $$$.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/richard-sherman-seahawks-thursday-night-football/

There's been alternate suggestions, such as reviving the December saturday package, which they could make exclusive to NFLN along with the local affiliates.

That would be like 8-ish games (if double headers), and they could do a limited amount of thursday games (if they only do 6-8 TNF games, and start after week 6 or so, they would be able to coordinate them for after teams' bye weeks) so the total games would be the same.

Clearly wouldn't be possible until next TV deal, but IMO would be an alternative that keeps NFLN relevant and addresses player / fan concerns.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Going back to the old TNF schedule from 2006-2007 would be a good start. Eight primetime games total, five on Thursday and three on Saturday. I believe they started that schedule on Thanksgiving night. They could go back to exclusively airing the games on NFL Network while awarding the streaming rights to Amazon or Yahoo. This would reduce the amount of Thursday night games down to five, and it would only affect 10 teams per season.

5 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Going back to the old TNF schedule from 2006-2007 would be a good start. Eight primetime games total, five on Thursday and three on Saturday. I believe they started that schedule on Thanksgiving night. They could go back to exclusively airing the games on NFL Network while awarding the streaming rights to Amazon or Yahoo. This would reduce the amount of Thursday night games down to five, and it would only affect 10 teams per season.

On the Simmons podcast today, he said if the season were extended to 18 weeks, each team could have a 10-day bye before Thursday night games. I'm not sure if that math checks out, but why not do that?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just reading an article on how the Eagles Sam Bradford trade was the best in franchise history.

As a result of the trade, PHL got:

1st round pick (Derrick Barnett, who has shown lots of potential)

4th round pick (traded for Jay Ajayi)

Relief for the draft picks traded to get Carson Wentz

The ability to start Wentz on day one and let him develop right away.

MIN got... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL WHO IN THE WORLD DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING LOLOOLOLOLOL

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just reading an article on how the Eagles Sam Bradford trade was the best in franchise history.

As a result of the trade, PHL got:

1st round pick (Derrick Barnett, who has shown lots of potential)

4th round pick (traded for Jay Ajayi)

Relief for the draft picks traded to get Carson Wentz

The ability to start Wentz on day one and let him develop right away.

MIN got... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL WHO IN THE WORLD DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING LOLOOLOLOLOL

Apparently the Vikings, who now have Teddy Bridgewater coming back and Case Keenum, who has been surprisingly competent, as his backup. It’s not as bad as the Herschel Walker trade, but it’s gotta be up there with some of the worst NFL trades. We’ll likely see the full thrust of how bad this trade was in the near future. 

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Apparently the Vikings, who now have Teddy Bridgewater coming back and Case Keenum, who has been surprisingly competent, as his backup. It’s not as bad as the Herschel Walker trade, but it’s gotta be up there with some of the worst NFL trades. We’ll likely see the full thrust of how bad this trade was in the near future. 

I think the difference between the Bradford and the Walker trades is that there were probably some people who, at the time of the trade, felt the Vikings got the better end of the deal. I can't imagine anybody, not even Vikings fans, thought at any point that they got the better end of the Bradford trade.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, Brass said:

I think the difference between the Bradford and the Walker trades is that there were probably some people who, at the time of the trade, felt the Vikings got the better end of the deal. I can't imagine anybody, not even Vikings fans, thought at any point that they got the better end of the Bradford trade.

That's not true at all. Last year, when the Vikings were sitting at 5 and 0, right before the o-line exploded, Viking fans were all perfectly fine with the trade.

Archived