1 hour ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Not to mention that it's now becoming a weekly tradition for players to trash these game by calling them "terrible", "ridiculous", a "poopfest" etc.. That can't be good for business.

Players receive 50% of that TV revenue and no Thursday games makes the NFL Network unnecessary, so that even less revenue they'll split.

No TNF, no NFL Network.

Richard seemed against this, but he and his union took the $$$.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/richard-sherman-seahawks-thursday-night-football/

There's been alternate suggestions, such as reviving the December saturday package, which they could make exclusive to NFLN along with the local affiliates.

That would be like 8-ish games (if double headers), and they could do a limited amount of thursday games (if they only do 6-8 TNF games, and start after week 6 or so, they would be able to coordinate them for after teams' bye weeks) so the total games would be the same.

Clearly wouldn't be possible until next TV deal, but IMO would be an alternative that keeps NFLN relevant and addresses player / fan concerns.

15 hours ago, ninersdd said:

Geez Russell Wilson is just magic the luckiest son of a bitch I've ever seen throw a football.

Going back to the old TNF schedule from 2006-2007 would be a good start. Eight primetime games total, five on Thursday and three on Saturday. I believe they started that schedule on Thanksgiving night. They could go back to exclusively airing the games on NFL Network while awarding the streaming rights to Amazon or Yahoo. This would reduce the amount of Thursday night games down to five, and it would only affect 10 teams per season.

5 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Going back to the old TNF schedule from 2006-2007 would be a good start. Eight primetime games total, five on Thursday and three on Saturday. I believe they started that schedule on Thanksgiving night. They could go back to exclusively airing the games on NFL Network while awarding the streaming rights to Amazon or Yahoo. This would reduce the amount of Thursday night games down to five, and it would only affect 10 teams per season.

On the Simmons podcast today, he said if the season were extended to 18 weeks, each team could have a 10-day bye before Thursday night games. I'm not sure if that math checks out, but why not do that?

Just reading an article on how the Eagles Sam Bradford trade was the best in franchise history.

As a result of the trade, PHL got:

1st round pick (Derrick Barnett, who has shown lots of potential)

4th round pick (traded for Jay Ajayi)

Relief for the draft picks traded to get Carson Wentz

The ability to start Wentz on day one and let him develop right away.

MIN got... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL WHO IN THE WORLD DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING LOLOOLOLOLOL

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just reading an article on how the Eagles Sam Bradford trade was the best in franchise history.

As a result of the trade, PHL got:

1st round pick (Derrick Barnett, who has shown lots of potential)

4th round pick (traded for Jay Ajayi)

Relief for the draft picks traded to get Carson Wentz

The ability to start Wentz on day one and let him develop right away.

MIN got... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL WHO IN THE WORLD DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING LOLOOLOLOLOL

Apparently the Vikings, who now have Teddy Bridgewater coming back and Case Keenum, who has been surprisingly competent, as his backup. It’s not as bad as the Herschel Walker trade, but it’s gotta be up there with some of the worst NFL trades. We’ll likely see the full thrust of how bad this trade was in the near future. 

19 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Apparently the Vikings, who now have Teddy Bridgewater coming back and Case Keenum, who has been surprisingly competent, as his backup. It’s not as bad as the Herschel Walker trade, but it’s gotta be up there with some of the worst NFL trades. We’ll likely see the full thrust of how bad this trade was in the near future. 

I think the difference between the Bradford and the Walker trades is that there were probably some people who, at the time of the trade, felt the Vikings got the better end of the deal. I can't imagine anybody, not even Vikings fans, thought at any point that they got the better end of the Bradford trade.

1 hour ago, Brass said:

I think the difference between the Bradford and the Walker trades is that there were probably some people who, at the time of the trade, felt the Vikings got the better end of the deal. I can't imagine anybody, not even Vikings fans, thought at any point that they got the better end of the Bradford trade.

That's not true at all. Last year, when the Vikings were sitting at 5 and 0, right before the o-line exploded, Viking fans were all perfectly fine with the trade.

8 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's not true at all. Last year, when the Vikings were sitting at 5 and 0, right before the o-line exploded, Viking fans were all perfectly fine with the trade.

Fine is a good word to describe my feelings about the trade decision. Obviously, Vikings needed to give up long term assets for a short term fix. It didn't work out, but most things never do in Minnesota sports.

I kinda forgot the Rams were playing at home this week...even funnier, CBS Los Angeles (Channel 2 and sister KCAL 9) was provided another doubleheader (Chargers-Jags on 2, Texans-Rams on 9), even though this is Fox's doubleheader week (Cowboys-Falcons is airing opposite on Fox 11).

I was taking a look at the rest of the Redskins schedule and noticed they play Thursday night games in back to back weeks. Thanksgiving against the Giants and the following week against the Cowboys. This brings their primetime game total to 5. One SNF followed by a MNF, two weeks later another MNF, then the back-to-back TNF games. There's even a chance of games getting flexed as well. It seems a little strange to me the team is scheduled this way.

Man, I knew Dak was going to have carry a larger burden without Zeke, but holy crap he’s literally doing everything.

He’s the Cowboys leading rusher by over 27 yards and scored the Cowboys only touchdown himself. Plus he’s having to dodge would-be tacklers almost every time he drops back.