2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

30 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I'm definitely shocked that they're benching Tyrod while the team is still right in the mix for a wild card spot. This should be a decision that you make when the team is clearly out of the race.

McDermott and Beane have never been in his corner from Day 1, hence the restructure.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally get that most fans put more weight on the late-season games, since that's when playoff spots are clinched, but early season games count just as much - maybe even more, because those end-of-season scenarios are all based on what happened in the early and middle part of the schedule.

My point is, people are bashing Elliot for all the appeals and for just starting his suspension at the "most important part of the season", but that's simply not true.  

If anything, if they started out 2-6 instead of 5-3 because he was suspended, then they'd already be out of it and none of their games would matter.

Instead, they were 5-3 and controlled their own destiny in the East, and have important games to play the rest of the way, even if just for a WC spot. 

If anything, he did them a favor.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 11/13/2017 at 10:59 AM, Lenny Dykstra said:

Growing up, the noon thanksgiving game was always a joke because of the Lions. Strange seeing an important game there.

Really, it wasn't a joke until Detroit left the Silverdome and the Matt Millen era took hold.

They were never a terrible team in the Silverdome years save for a few bad seasons here and there.

On 11/14/2017 at 8:50 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Ugh! So we have to see what's likely going to be another Steelers' showcase in a few weeks against the Rodgers-less Packers.

Green Bay winning at Chicago guaranteed that. At worst, they'll be 5-5.

2 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Really, it wasn't a joke until Detroit left the Silverdome and the Matt Millen era took hold.

They were never a terrible team in the Silverdome years save for a few bad seasons here and there.

The last Lions season in the Silverdome I was 5 years old, so a big memory of all my childhood Thanksgivings was the joke of a noon game that was just background noise while I got ready for festivities

10 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

4 INTs for Nathan Peterman so far. Sean McDermott's decision to bench Tyrod could not look any worse right now. It's one thing if the team is 2-7 and out of contention, but the Bills are 5-4 and should be playing competitive football. 

Is Joe Webb active today??? That would be epic....

OK, Buffalo is in the playoff picture and they (yet again) throw Taylor under the bus for this no-name rookie that is a  turning in an all time horrible showing.. 6 completions and 5 picks. I agree with @BlackBolt3 here. This is a train wreck... but, yet again, this is nothing new from the Walking Mediocrity. Oh, and if Taylor isn't going in the 2nd half after that :censored: show, then I hope the Chargers drop 60 on them.

I'd be more ashamed if I was a Kansas City fan.. not only did your offense lay an egg, they somehow let the Sentient Derp win.... shame on you, Chiefs.

So let's get this all straight. 

Sean McDermott and the Bills try and force out their best quarterback in years for seemingly no reason, begrudgingly bring him back anyway, begrudgingly keep him in the lineup bc he was playing too good, finally get an excuse to bench him, then "their guy" does so bad that they have to put Tyrod back in the game? Poetic justice is a beautiful thing. 

That's Browns-level franchise ineptitude right there. 

spacer.png

Archived