2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

$150? Boy they are trying really hard to kill Chargers football before it has a chance, huh. OMG.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Loving every second of the Chargers' humiliation. Since they couldn't get their real fans a Super Bowl before they left, this is the next best thing.

It was a nice thing to see, the tarps on the stands, swaths of empty seats, half empty parking lots... and all this for the LA "fans" first chance to see them in person. I hope it continues indefinitely until they're forced to move by the league.

On 8/12/2017 at 8:42 PM, dfwabel said:

Has there ever been a Clemson WR actually worth a damn in the NFL?

Mike Williams (2017) is hurt in SD.

Watkims was the 3rd failed drafting of a Clemson WR.

Dwight Clark? Made "The Catch" and was a 2-time All Pro in his first four years, but not much after 1983.

Perry Tuttle (19th overall in 1982)? Dick Vermeil wanted him, but BUF picked him first. Eagles took Mike Quick instead. Buffalo's #2 failed Clemson WR experiment. Tuttle played in 24 games.

Rod Gardner(WAS #15 overall in 2001)? Yea.

Jerry Butler (#5 overall in 1979): 29 TDs in seven seasons, four were in one game against NYJ ...Buffalo's first failed Clemson WR experiment

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I don't really feel like living in a world where DeAndre Hopkins and a non-druggie Martavis Bryant don't exist.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

When I saw the stands with empty seats (in a stadium with tiny capacity!), my first reaction was to laugh. The funny thing is that my second reaction was thinking about guys like you, who are probably getting some kind of satisfaction out of this debacle.

It's just satisfying seeing all of Dean's bull :censored: get exposed. For years, he insisted that a significant percentage of the Chargers' fanbase came from LA. If that was the case, they would be able to fill a 30,000-seat soccer stadium, no sweat. The TV ratings for the game in San Diego were significantly higher than they were in LA, and that was after Dean ripped the team out of town! 

With each new embarrassment, the Spanii look like bigger idiots. And they deserve every bit of it and then some. You just know Goodell and the owners are secretly pissed at how bad this family of morons are for the image of the league in the #2 media market.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

17 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

16 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

SPORTS ATTENDANCE IN LOS ANGELES THIS WEEKEND

62,888 - Rams (vs. Dallas, Saturday)
53,230 - Dodgers (vs. San Diego, Saturday)
52,898 - Dodgers (vs. San Diego, Friday)
46,128 - Dodgers (vs. San Diego, Sunday)
25,667 - Galaxy (vs. New York FC, Saturday)
21,054 - Chargers (vs. Seattle, Sunday)

#FightForLA #LoseToMLS

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Guys, it actually happened.

Oh, it did? :rolleyes: 

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

$150? Boy they are trying really hard to kill Chargers football before it has a chance, huh. OMG.

My thought was that they were going full "kill the fanbase" mode, and forgot that they already moved the team. 

23 hours ago, Lights Out said:

It's just satisfying seeing all of Dean's bull :censored: get exposed. For years, he insisted that a significant percentage of the Chargers' fanbase came from LA. If that was the case, they would be able to fill a 30,000-seat soccer stadium, no sweat. The TV ratings for the game in San Diego were significantly higher than they were in LA, and that was after Dean ripped the team out of town! 

With each new embarrassment, the Spanii look like bigger idiots. And they deserve every bit of it and then some. You just know Goodell and the owners are secretly pissed at how bad this family of morons are for the image of the league in the #2 media market.

I was wondering about the ratings. What were the final numbers in SD and LA. Again it's just preseason, but it can still be compared to last year's preseason.

1 hour ago, bosrs1 said:

I was wondering about the ratings. What were the final numbers in SD and LA. Again it's just preseason, but it can still be compared to last year's preseason.

Sunday's Chargers-Seahawks:

Los Angeles - 2.1

San Diego - 7.2

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

8 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Sunday's Chargers-Seahawks:

Los Angeles - 2.1

San Diego - 7.2

Have to say the SD number surprises me. I expect it was a bunch of hate watching. I know quite a few who will follow them for that reason alone in SD. The LA number is as expected... pathetic.

On 8/14/2017 at 8:03 AM, McCarthy said:

The NFL has a team without a fanbase now and they moved them to the biggest transplant city in the country. It's a disaster. They're going to play 16 road games for the foreseeable future and it won't even be close. Look at their home schedule this season: Dolphins, Chiefs, Eagles, Broncos, Bills, Browns, Redskins, Raiders. 

Every one of those teams has thousands of fans living in LA, and every one of them is more excited about seeing their team in LA than Chargers (ex)fans are. The Raiders and Broncos especially. I sincerely hope Spanos sells the team to someone willing and able to put them back in San Diego. 

Yeah I don't think the relevant parties are going to be able to see this one through. It's a disaster. It's, as the media class likes to say, BAD OPTICS.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nothing they can do now since they've signed the deal.  They're committed, mistake or not.  They should just come up with a whole new identity - name, uniforms, everything.  Try to sell it as the team created for LA, not a franchise synonymous with another city, or a team just trying to lose less money by playing in LA.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sports leases are printed on toilet paper and the stadium has already been delayed at least another year. As long as San Diego has a stadium, there's an exit strategy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 8/13/2017 at 2:19 AM, dfwabel said:

Wolfkey is overly deep voice just to be deep voice and he stinks.

But Jim Brandstatter is the worst NFL radio color guy

Jim Brandstatter will actually miss a play while continuing to complain about a missed call that only he saw.

Archived