2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least it isn't like The Giants are in contention for a playoff spot, unlike a certain other NY football team that decided to bench their QB for absolutely no reason. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Eli has been bad for a long time now, but he's not the reason why the Giants have been losing. Even though I'm a Cowboys fan, benching Eli, the Giants starter since 2004 mind you, is about as classless of a move as I've seen. The season is already done. Playing Geno does nothing for that franchise going forward. May as well continue to start Eli and move on this offseason.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

There's no way Ben McAdoo survives beyond this season, so why would the front office allow him to make such a dumb move like this? Geno Smith isn't going to be their starting QB of the future. Their third-string rookie is nowhere near ready to play (see: Nathan Peterman). If anything, McAdoo should be the one getting the axe today. If I'm Jerry Reese, I let Eli finish out the season as the starter and then I evaluate what my next move is after Week 17, unless I get fired. Regardless of how poorly Eli's been playing lately, this is very disrespectful to a guy who has led them to two championships in the last decade.

The next question is, where does Eli wind up beyond 2017? Does he go to Jacksonville and re-unite with Tom Coughlin? Will Arizona go after him if Carson Palmer decides to retire? 

1 hour ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Regardless of how poorly Eli's been playing lately, this is very disrespectful to a guy who has led them to two championships in the last decade.

The next question is, where does Eli wind up beyond 2017? Does he go to Jacksonville and re-unite with Tom Coughlin? Will Arizona go after him if Carson Palmer decides to retire? 

QBs, like most every other player, don't always get to make the call on when to leave.

As for next year, his cap hold will be 7th of all QBs for 2018 and 6th for 2019 at $22.2 and $23.2M, respectively*, so he'll be released before he's traded. Then it is between him and agent Tom Condon to try to set a realistic salary demand.

*-Cousins and Brees are free agents for 2018 and have larger salaries for 2017 than Eli.

One of the NFL’s strangest streaks is over.

For the first time since the 2nd quarter, in Week 3 against the Los Angeles Rams, a Cowboys’ opponent has been called for offensive holding. 

It had been 34 straight quarters without one. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I tried getting Miami into the playoffs, but to no avail (not that I want them to make it or anything, as they'd be bound for embarrassment).

I noticed that even as dominate as the Eagles have looked, they could still lose home field advantage to someone, like the Rams or Vikings. I'll probably treat the NFC Championship as my Super Bowl because :censored: New England and Pittsburgh.

2 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I tried getting Miami into the playoffs, but to no avail (not that I want them to make it or anything, as they'd be bound for embarrassment).

I noticed that even as dominate as the Eagles have looked, they could still lose home field advantage to someone, like the Rams or Vikings. I'll probably treat the NFC Championship as my Super Bowl because :censored: New England and Pittsburgh.

Dolphins could get in as a 5 or 6 seed if they're 9-7

“They did not want to take the chance and wait for the jinx,” Mike Delaney, executive vice president at LF Driscoll, the construction manager for the new Comcast tower, said of the ironworker crews who insisted on moving up the construction schedule to get Billy Penn in place.

Comcast’s original plan had been to place the last steel beam with Billy Penn onto the new skyscraper later this month as part of an official topping-off ceremony. But with the best-record-in-the-NFL Eagles cruising through victories, addressing the curse seemed more important than waiting

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/comcast/comcast-ironworkers-billy-penn-eagles-nfl-new-tower-20171130.html

I follow architecture and construction in another forum.  Many of us were waiting for a topping off ceremony for Phila's new tallest (technically the tallest in US outside of NY and CHI) and were confused why it just happened without any fanfair.  This explains it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I tried to recreate last year's playoff layout, to no avail. I managed to get the Falcons in the 1st seed, Dallas in 3 (they couldn't go any higher), Green Bay in 4, Seattle in 2, but then I crashed and burned with the Giants. There's simply no way to get them into the playoffs without some crazy stuff, that I can't do if I'm trying to recreate last year. Getting the Rams and Eagles out was also a pain.

ExJworW.png

The Detroit Lions old home, the Pontiac Silverdome was set for demolition today.

The charges went off... but... well...

Lions can’t even collapse properly.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

This week ooooon The Big Dumb Ugly Chase for the Big Dumb Ugly AFC South Big Dumb Ugly Crowntm!

- Titans do it again! They beat someone they're supposed to beat! Back-to-back weeks! AND it's by double-digits this time! That's worth excessive exclamations to me!

- Still hoping the Jags Jag and stumble and somehow the Titans don't blow it down the stretch. Holding that tiebreaker is sweet, but I still don't feel confident about a week 17 winner-take-all scenario.

- The gulf has never been clearer: TEN 8-4 JAX 8-4 HOU 4-8 IND 3-9. The once perennial division winners wade in dead last, and the old basement dwellers vie for first. "The first ones nooow will later be laaaast, oh the tiiimes they aaare a chaaangin'"

ICXC NIKA

Anybody see that dirty hit Gronk laid on Bills rookie Tre'Davious White? He's looking at a possible suspension. 

We may have seen the last of Tyrod Taylor in a Bills uniform. He left the game with a knee injury and I'm sure McDermott is ready to start Peterman for the final four games

Archived