2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that was a :censored: move by Gronk. Wouldn't be shocked if he does get suspended for that. Belichick likely kicked Gronk's ass in the locker room postgame. He has absolute 0 tolerence for that kind of petty, selfish, bull :censored:. 

As far as Tyrod, He deserves better. Jags could be a legit team if they pick him up. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Seeing Andy Reid fail makes me so happy deep inside.  I was kinda hoping that he'd make it to the Owl and get destroyed by the Eagles, but a total collapse is even more satisfying.

I turned on the very end of that game (right as the Jets scored the go-ahead TD) and when the announcers mentioned that the Chiefs didn't even have any timeouts remaining for their crucial drive, I literally became erect, because that's the most Andy Reid situation ever (well, besides being asked to leave a buffet because you're eating them out of business.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Anybody see that dirty hit Gronk laid on Bills rookie Tre'Davious White? He's looking at a possible suspension. 

He should be suspended for the rest of the season, playoffs included, for that. 

Not only was it a late hit, he actually injured White on the play too. 

Disgusting. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Game changing bull :censored: PI call sets up the Seahawks for a TD.  Those huge game-changing penalties need to be reviewable.  Absolute trash.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's literally the same guy throwing flag after flag after flag.. Just flagged an Eagles WR for holding on a run play, when the Seahawks guy was holding him!  Absolute disgrace by referees.

5 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

The Detroit Lions old home, the Pontiac Silverdome was set for demolition today.

The charges went off... but... well...

Lions can’t even collapse properly.

I'unno. I was in Baltimore for the game today, and they did a pretty good job of imploding. It was awful.

These referees can die.  They can all literally die.  There can't be penalties on every single play, and certainly not all only on one team.  This game is difficult to watch.  It's not a matter of playing well, it's a matter of when the flag will be thrown.  They've changed the game, given Seattle a million opportunities, and I hope they die - at least the one who is looking to throw PI and defensive holding on every single play, whether a pass is catchable or not.  I hope he's not looking and a receiver crashes right into him and knocks his head clear off his body, and then the other players jump on the decapitated head thinking that it's a fumbled football.

6 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Jesus, man. It’s just a game. 

No you don't understand.  We were going to the Super Bowl this year, and now it's ruined.  Carson Wentz is proving that the Browns were right not to want his dumb overthrowing/ underthrowing ass.  Everything could have been so perfect, but they ruined it.  Now what do we have?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

If we wanted nothing, we could have just kept Andy Reid as the coach.  Time to get rid of everyone and start a "process".

I wish you were in a santa outfit right now.

It's OK. Nobody really wants to go to Minneapolis anyway.

2 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Philly has more penalties then Seattle does? What madness is this?!? Seattle usually has 10-15 penalties on them a game.

Second-half hasn’t been that bad, but there were some ridiculous ones in the first half. The pass interference that really wasn’t, really did change the game.  Wentz sucked in the first half, and Seattle clearly deserved to win, but it just should have been different. Everything was a flag against the eagles, and it changed how they played and handed Seattle a TD. 

Wents had had that fumble through the end zone which changed the game, there was a terrible 4th and 3 call, Ertz gets concussion, etc. Just wasn’t their night. Good to get that dumb stuff out of the way now. 

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Second-half hasn’t been that bad, but there were some ridiculous ones in the first half. The pass interference that really wasn’t, really did change the game.  Wentz sucked in the first half, and Seattle clearly deserved to win, but it just should have been different. Everything was a flag against the eagles, and it changed how they played and handed Seattle a TD. 

Wents had had that fumble through the end zone which changed the game, there was a terrible 4th and 3 call, Ertz gets concussion, etc. Just wasn’t their night. Good to get that dumb stuff out of the way now. 

Yeah, I agree that the first half was suspect. Maybe the refs were making up for taking away a win from Seattle in week one.

But yeah, NFL officiating is the drizzling :censored:s.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

The Detroit Lions old home, the Pontiac Silverdome was set for demolition today.

I'm no engineer or expert in imploding buildings, but every other stadium implosion I've ever seen, they've cut out little sections to seperate the upper deck from being one giant structure. The way it is now, the upper deck is still connected all the way around, and it's been held together for over 40 years. I wouldn't expect it to break apart.

iq5b7nF.png

16 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

10 hours ago, Shumway said:

I'unno. I was in Baltimore for the game today, and they did a pretty good job of imploding. It was awful.

I was thinking the same thing.  They collapsed quite nicely (depending on one's perspective).

10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I wish you were in a santa outfit right now.

It's OK. Nobody really wants to go to Minneapolis anyway.

How much did you have to drink last night?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Just having some fun. 

Anyway I was at the Vet’s implosion, and the upper deck was very much attached to the structure and it had no problem coming down. Looks like the demo engineers just messed up. Not sure what they can do now though - why on earth would anyone want to get even a little bit close to that thing, knowing it could come down at any second?

2 hours ago, jc... said:

I'm no engineer or expert in imploding buildings, but every other stadium implosion I've ever seen, they've cut out little sections to seperate the upper deck from being one giant structure. The way it is now, the upper deck is still connected all the way around, and it's been held together for over 40 years. I wouldn't expect it to break apart.

They're blaming a cut wire.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/pontiac-silverdome-implosion-fail-what-went-wrong-and-what-happens-now-

"What went wrong is a wire somewhere was cut and we don't why or how," said Rick Cuppetilli, vice president of Adamo Group demolition company. 

Ben McAdoo quipped he was the Giants head coach "as long as his [card key] still worked."

Yeah...Ben...about that...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000887801/article/new-york-giants-fire-coach-ben-mcadoo-after-210-start

GM Reese is also gone: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000887806/article/new-york-giants-fire-general-manager-jerry-reese

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived