2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

Tough one to drop for the Rams. Hard-fought game where just a couple plays make the difference. But still a one-game lead over the Seahawks going into Seattle next week. Take the lumps from this game, and move on quickly.

And it does suck to see Wentz go down. This has been an NFL season from injury hell. Lot of important players affecting the quality of the league.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that loss sucked but Rams played hard and kept fighting and that's great to see not to mention they have rebounded after losses all year pretty all year I'm sure they will do It again next week even in Seattle. It also sucks about Wentz i hope his recovery gose smoothly and to think that if the bad call on trumaine Johnson wasn't called Wentz probably wouldn't have gotten injured. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

What a shock, The Steelers squeak out yet another last second win against an inferior team despite playing like absolute :censored:. <_<

I don't know whether that's a testament to Ben being so clutch, or just more proof that the teams a fraud that might not even make the AFC championship game.  

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

23 minutes ago, ozzyman314 said:

What a shock, The Steelers squeak out yet another last second win against an inferior team despite playing like absolute :censored:. <_<

I don't know whether that's a testament to Ben being so clutch, or just more proof that the teams a fraud that might not even make the AFC championship game.  

It's simply what the Steelers have always done under Tomlin. 

Gut wrenching loss, obviously, and not too many positives to take away defensively. I mean, we were always gonna struggle against the best receiver in the NFL without our best cornerback, but still, very poor from them. 

What is encouraging, however, is the offense. 44 and 38 in consecutive games isn't too shabby. Also Alex Collins is a monster. What a signing. 

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

It's simply what the Steelers have always done under Tomlin. 

Is Pittsburgh playing a team above .500?

(YES - Win convincingly)

(NO - Play Down to their Opponent)

Is it New England?

(YES - LOSE)

(NO - WIN)

Are you playing down to your Opponent?

(YES - Pull out last second victory)

(NO - FINISH HIM!)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

The AFC playoffs will be the greatest exercise in futility in recent NFL history.  Let's all get hyped as Jacksonville, LA, Kansas City, and Baltimore play to see who gets to lose to Pittsburgh, who'll then lose to New England!

spacer.png

I may be alone, but I don't think the Eagles are finished. I think they'll be fine with Foles at the helm for the next 5-6 weeks. Reminds me of the '06 season where Donovan McNabb was having an MVP caliber season and then got hurt in late November, opening the door for Jeff Garcia to lead the team all the way to the Divisional round. It's very possible we could see a NFC Championship game featuring Nick Foles vs Case Keenum, which would be further proof that we're living in the upside-down. 

5 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

The Jaguars are the team of destiny.

Maybe if they didn't have Blake Bortles, yes.  If they sign Cousins or another good QB, they could be a real force.  Elite RB, top-tier defense, decent weapons.  Watch out for them next season.

spacer.png

Part of me hopes that the Jags win it all just because it would justify all the time I spent saying that Bortles would become a great QB*.

Spoiler

I know it would be a win more in spite of him than because, but just let me have this one.

2 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I may be alone, but I don't think the Eagles are finished. I think they'll be fine with Foles at the helm for the next 5-6 weeks. Reminds me of the '06 season where Donovan McNabb was having an MVP caliber season and then got hurt in late November, opening the door for Jeff Garcia to lead the team all the way to the Divisional round. It's very possible we could see a NFC Championship game featuring Nick Foles vs Case Keenum, which would be further proof that we're living in the upside-down. 

It just sucks because with Wentz, they had at least a shot of beating the Patriots in the SB.  Now I think Foles will throw at least one key INT and Brady will end up with another ring.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived