2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So any thoughts on the Panthers being for sale?

Not sure why anyone who’s not a panthers fan would care. In the grand scheme of things it’s pretty irrelevant. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Oh, and remember how Gronk was suspended 1 game for that unfortunate cheap shot against the Bills when that deserved more?

Should not have been playing today.

but of course, the Pats apparently are impervious to negative karma.

WE GET IT. You don't like the Patriots. It's absolutely understood. It's just a game, stop it.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yes... if every member of this board pitches in, we can do this.

1 hour ago, sc49erfan15 said:

$40 and a dream, gentlemen.

A professional sports team run by a conglomerate of men and women on an Internet forum discussing sports logos. I like the sound of that.

Unfortunately, it'd never fly. But, we can dream.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

18 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

A professional sports team run by a conglomerate of men and women on an Internet forum discussing sports logos. I like the sound of that.

Unfortunately, it'd never fly. But, we can dream.

Already sounds more competent than half the owners in the NFL. 

No wonder it'd never fly. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

3 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

How can his hand possibly be on the back end of that football? 

His elbow hits the ground, it clearly bobbles, and even if he's able to regain position, he's aided by the ground. I can't recall how many times they call that exact process an incompletion. 

That screen cap is from right when the ball started to move to. It is absolutely possible his fingers are underneath enough of that ball to keep the ball from touching the ground in that shot.  Maybe there's an angle that shows it clearly, but I don't see anything conclusive. 

IUe6Hvh.png

20 minutes ago, See Red said:

That screen cap is from right when the ball started to move to. It is absolutely possible his fingers are underneath enough of that ball to keep the ball from touching the ground in that shot.  Maybe there's an angle that shows it clearly, but I don't see anything conclusive. 

There was enough for the officials in NY to overturn it. At the end of the day, that's what matters. 

You have to give them credit too, since they saw what even Romo missed. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

6 hours ago, Brass said:

WE GET IT. You don't like the Patriots. It's absolutely understood. It's just a game, stop it.

Heck, I hate the Patriots, and can usually save all my complaining and bickering till playoff season.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Aaaaaand, that's where you lost all of us.

Atlanta losing at New Orleans and at home to a 10-4 Carolina team who might still be playing for the division is not an absurd premise.

It's not gonna happen, but losing tonight would really blow the #6 seed race wide open. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

There was enough for the officials in NY to overturn it. At the end of the day, that's what matters. 

You have to give them credit too, since they saw what even Romo missed. 

I don't get when the ground matters and when it doesn't.  At what point do you "possess" the ball?  I thought it was just once you made the *sigh* "football move" - which he clearly did.  It wasn't like he didn't have control - he reached out with the ball clearly in his control.  I'm not sure why the ground matters in this case.  He had 1) full control of the ball, 2) made a *sigh* football move, and 3) broke the plane with it in his possession before being touched down by an opposing player.

I'm certainly not a Steelers fan, and if anything, I admire Tom Brady and what the Patriots do, but come on - that's a touchdown from any POV except the NFL's.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don't get when the ground matters and when it doesn't.  At what point do you "possess" the ball?  I thought it was just once you made the *sigh* "football move" - which he clearly did.  It wasn't like he didn't have control - he reached out with the ball clearly in his control.  I'm not sure why the ground matters in this case.  He had 1) full control of the ball, 2) made a *sigh* football move, and 3) broke the plane with it in his possession before being touched down by an opposing player.

I'm certainly not a Steelers fan, and if anything, I admire Tom Brady and what the Patriots do, but come on - that's a touchdown from any POV except the NFL's.

I'm curious where people are seeing this "full control" that he had. 

as soon as his elbow hits the ground, it bobbles and he clearly never recovers it.

Item 1. Player Going to the Ground. A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

Even if this was switched & went against the Pats, pissed as I'd be, I'd still defend the call. 

Phantom Merch Collector.

I don't care about the rule.  I care about what makes sense.   IMO he was no longer in the "act of catching the pass" when he went to the ground. He clearly held it, and held it securely enough to extend it forward to go for the TD.  If you don't think he had full control of that ball with both hands and was no longer "in the process", then I don't know what to say. 

I get what the rule says, and I understand why the call was made, I just think it's dumb and only dummies don't.

FWIW, while I didn't see the game, I would have been rooting for the Patriots had I been watching.

There's got to be a much higher bar for overturning touchdown calls, especially at the end of games. If it's initially ruled a score and isn't completely obviously a wrong call, you really ought to let it stand.

Also, it it benefits the Patriots, you ought to chose the opposite way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived