BCFC - British Columbia Football Club - CanPL Concept

TheHydroPole

This is a design concept for the potential Fraser Valley Canadian Premier League team that I have been working on. I would love to get feedback on the name (British Columbia Football Club, or BCFC for short), as well as the crest, and last but not least the kit.

The gold/black/white colour scheme is meant to represent the Gold Rush era that populated the Fraser Valley and British Columbia. The sublimated waves pattern on the kit are similar to the waves on the BC flag. 

Let me know what you think!

BCFC.png

5 hours ago, randyc said:

As a BC native, the name is perfect. I really like the colour scheme as it is something different since it doesn't have any blue.

One critique - I don't think the crest needs BCFC or 2019 on there.

Awesome thanks for the feedback!

i think both elements are something that could be dropped after a few years in the league once the brand solidifies.

Just wondering how is it made of inside the crest's circle? FC but what other letterings in it? I am just wondering. Jersey is nicer with a bit of wavy stripes which normally never see much of it. nice works.

You gotta ask @raysox since he had done alot of soccer crests since. 

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

50 minutes ago, JMtexan09 said:

Just wondering how is it made of inside the crest's circle? FC but what other letterings in it? I am just wondering. Jersey is nicer with a bit of wavy stripes which normally never see much of it. nice works.

You gotta ask @raysox since he had done alot of soccer crests since. 

Lower case B and a second C, I have a version without the second C which is more balanced, will post tonight.

Were you contacted by Paul Beirne too? 

Overall I'd say the original version you posted is just too hard to read. It's difficult to make out the individual letters, and the empty space on the right leaves it unbalanced. The second version is an improvement, but then has the issue of no second C. 

I'd try to find a way to make the B and C more prominent, and the FC less so. Maybe play with different weights, or a smaller size FC.

Archived