Minnesota Timberwolves: NBA Concepts by honeybadger

honeybadger

I like the minimalist design of the jersey -- their current set has mediocre fonts and pointless side panels, and you've done a nice job of cleaning up both of those elements. The 'Pacers' wordmark is a nice addition to the shorts, though I'd suggest giving it the same stroke outline as the wordmark and numerals on the jersey; I'd also give the Icon Edition a contrasting yellow waistband to keep things consistent with the Association Edition. Good start!

Next up are the Charlotte Hornets. Home and away uniforms are only tweaks of their current set, as I've never really liked having the panels on only one side. The teal uniform also replaces the purple uniform as the away unit in the set. For the alternate I chose to make a 'Buzz city' jersey with a nod to the team's heritage, hence the pinstripes, as well as distorting the lines to represent the buzz's vibration. The set is completed by the throwbacks of the team's inaugural uniforms, as it's time for those beauties to be worn on an NBA court once again.

Charlotte Hornets Home small.png

Charlotte Hornets Away small.png

Charlotte Hornets Alternate small.png

Charlotte Hornets Throwback small.png

The diagonal pinstripes on that Buzz City uniform are a bit perplexing from a visual standpoint, but I follow your line of thinking. The rest of that set is really clean, though I'd maybe consider making the wordmark and/or numerals on the Icon Edition purple. Good work!

I like where the Bulls uniform is headed, but there seems to be a bit of a disconnect between the jersey and the shorts -- the jersey is more white-centric with the wordmark and numerals, while the shorts are more red-centric with the diamond insets and logos. If you can find a way to strike more of a balance between these two things, this set will look fantastic!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the Orlando Magic road (icon) jersey I've created. It was to some extent inspired by all four sets that Orlando has had so far, while also trying to keep a modern feel that would allow it to fit in with the rest of the league. The idea is that the wordmark and the numbers would be made by materials that would give it a metallic look.  I'm working on the rest of the set and will be releasing it soon. C&C appreciated.

Orlando Magic away.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the full set for the Orlando Magic. I wanted to keep it grounded in reality in the sense that there are 4 jerseys, just like Nike is doing. That, as well as the fact I'm not a fan of grey jerseys,  is why I ended up making two black jerseys. 

Orlando Magic Home.png

Orlando Magic away.png

Orlando Magic Alternate.png

Orlando Magic Alternate 2.png

1 hour ago, scottyeagle said:

That's a pretty nice look for the Magic, who really need a facelift!  Have you considered using the metallic material on the white jersey as well (probably as an outline, as too much silver would throw off the color balance)?

I have, but sadly the material is barely noticeable when it's on a white background so I went with the black instead. :/ 

6 minutes ago, theep3 said:

@honeybadger you mind me asking what font that is for the Magic?

The name of the font is Justice League. 

• 2 weeks later...

When Minnesota unveiled their new logos at the end of the last season, they instantly became some of my favorite in the league. Unfortunately, they were accompanied by a very disappointing set of uniforms that failed to deliver the same excitement that the logos provided. This is why I tried my hands at making the uniforms for the Timberwolves. I've changed the colors a bit, turning the original light blue into royal blue reminiscent of the teams first colorways, while also making the lime color green. The tree pattern is the same that the team used to promote the new logos. as I found it too beautiful to not include in  the concept.

Minnesota Timberwolves Away.png

Minnesota Timberwolves Home.png

Minnesota Timberwolves Alternate.png

Minnesota Timberwolves Green.png

Archived