Lights Out's NBA 2017: What-If? Dallas Express (p. 4)

Lights Out

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the design for Denver, but am not at all fond of the color palette....I can't tell if it includes gray, olive, orange, all the above, or something else entirely. Out of curiosity, what was your rationale for these particular colors/shades? The inspiration from previous uniforms is evident, but the way you've colored the skyline striping is absolutely perfect. Also, the fonts are just the right mix of classic and modern to fit well in Denver.

I love love love the color palette for OKC, but am not at all fond of the design. As much as I'd like to see them embrace more thunder (read as: lightning) imagery, I don't like the rounded lightning bolt side panels....I know they've been using similar graphics on social media lately, but the rounded nature of the lightning bolts is a bit bumbling and passive -- lightning bolts are sharp and crisp and in my opinion should be illustrated as such. The colors are phenomenal, though....excellent job in that department.

A lot of these designs are very well thought out. I'm really not a fan at all of unofficial nicknames being on professional uniforms, but beyond the usage of such, the designs of the uniforms themselves are sharp with a great sense of conceptualization. Each set definitely boasts good features that would set themselves apart from each other team in the league and provides instantaneous recognition. Great job there.

A quick comment on Denver: you're really, really, really close. The design, typeface, and overall concept are definitely there. But I'm just not feeling the colors. The golds are fine, but If I may be frank, the dark sage-ish gray (?) is a bit of an ugly color and looks almost like smog when utilized on the skyline. I would explore some different color options there. Even if it were simply navy, the design is so strong and well done that it will work just fine. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 8/1/2017 at 1:24 PM, Lights Out said:

TDmI8Sl.png

Is that olive green?  Replace it with pewter and I would love the color scheme.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived