Lights Out

Lights Out's NBA 2017: Knicks (p. 3)

SFGiants58    1,717

Rockets: It's a good modernization of the Hakeem-era set, and I like your attempt to clean up the "Space City" alternate.

Heat: I'm a sucker for anything Art Deco, and you've relayed that aesthetic well into the Heat's current identity (I also like the return of the asymmetry and the Floridians-esque look). I like the base of the "South Beach" uniform, but a different city nickname might be more appropriate. 

Mavericks: It's always good to see the vintage font (with a matching number font) and green/blue color scheme back in action, and I like the minimalist striping.

Pelicans: The striping on the panels and collars are fantastic, and the choice to use a faded, teal-ish green was a good one. I'm not entirely fond of the font (something like the 2014 All-Star Game font might be better), but that's personal preference.

Pacers: I like the cornrow stripe on the FloJo-esque design, but I'm not sold on the font. It's a little too "chunky" for a team like the Pacers (a name that implies a bit of speed). I'd also flip the color distribution on the navy uniform, as the white kind of gets "blown out" by the yellow.

Cavaliers: The color block-style panel stripes are a nice touch, and I like how you've handled the color distribution of brown/orange (even though I prefer burgundy/gold for the team). The font is not all that fantastic, but you've made the most out of the team's aesthetic mistake. Kudos.

Blazers: I like the added consistency of the silver outline, and the modern take on the Bauhaus-esque font/Rip City logo is wonderful. Good work. 

Lights Out    2,048

TDmI8Sl.png

I really don't know why I love these, I feel like I should hate them.^_^ But the way you use your color schemes is amazing.

Lights Out    2,048

HntZqyF.png

Full disclosure: this concept was already in the works before I saw the similar design that @JPDesign posted.

Obviously, we were both influenced by the same thing (the Thunder's social media graphics).

Hoopladawg87    360

I love the design for Denver, but am not at all fond of the color palette....I can't tell if it includes gray, olive, orange, all the above, or something else entirely. Out of curiosity, what was your rationale for these particular colors/shades? The inspiration from previous uniforms is evident, but the way you've colored the skyline striping is absolutely perfect. Also, the fonts are just the right mix of classic and modern to fit well in Denver.

I love love love the color palette for OKC, but am not at all fond of the design. As much as I'd like to see them embrace more thunder (read as: lightning) imagery, I don't like the rounded lightning bolt side panels....I know they've been using similar graphics on social media lately, but the rounded nature of the lightning bolts is a bit bumbling and passive -- lightning bolts are sharp and crisp and in my opinion should be illustrated as such. The colors are phenomenal, though....excellent job in that department.

FinsUp1214    1,760

A lot of these designs are very well thought out. I'm really not a fan at all of unofficial nicknames being on professional uniforms, but beyond the usage of such, the designs of the uniforms themselves are sharp with a great sense of conceptualization. Each set definitely boasts good features that would set themselves apart from each other team in the league and provides instantaneous recognition. Great job there.

A quick comment on Denver: you're really, really, really close. The design, typeface, and overall concept are definitely there. But I'm just not feeling the colors. The golds are fine, but If I may be frank, the dark sage-ish gray (?) is a bit of an ugly color and looks almost like smog when utilized on the skyline. I would explore some different color options there. Even if it were simply navy, the design is so strong and well done that it will work just fine. 

Chawls    450
On 8/1/2017 at 1:24 PM, Lights Out said:

TDmI8Sl.png

Is that olive green?  Replace it with pewter and I would love the color scheme.

Lights Out    2,048

7VHFREF.png

Lights Out    2,048

6yOqZ1K.png

Lights Out    2,048

1RrJ8Iw.png

Instead of using the Bulls' actual logo on the shorts, I modified the Burlington Herd's logo as a stand-in for what I think

a modernized version of their logo should look like.

Lights Out    2,048

h8y4aDf.png

walkerws    155

Love the Motor City alternate 

Lights Out    2,048

9XW6QaB.png

Hoopladawg87    360

Matched the collar and armhole trim, matched the wordmark and numeral color, established continuity between the side panels of the jerseys and shorts....these are outstanding. That black fauxback is absolutely gorgeous as well. Awesome work!