Coke Zero to become Coca-Cola Zero Sugar

BadSeed84

On 7/28/2017 at 7:59 AM, EddieJ1984 said:

Yea, Diet Coke is actually based off the new coke formula. 

Not to nitpick, but I believe it's actually the other way around. Diet Coke was released in 1982 and had an entirely different formula from (classic) Coke. New Coke was released in 1985 and was designed to taste like Diet Coke.

As for Coke Zero, I don't mind it. They've got a vanilla variant and it tastes fine. Coke Zero was originally just Diet Coke with different marketing (to appeal to men, IIRC). Now it's (supposed) to be a sugar-free variant of (classic) Coke, at least in terms of taste. I dunno, most colas taste pretty similar to me, so I'm not the best judge of these things.

8 hours ago, Quillz said:

Not to nitpick, but I believe it's actually the other way around. Diet Coke was released in 1982 and had an entirely different formula from (classic) Coke. New Coke was released in 1985 and was designed to taste like Diet Coke.

As for Coke Zero, I don't mind it. They've got a vanilla variant and it tastes fine. Coke Zero was originally just Diet Coke with different marketing (to appeal to men, IIRC). Now it's (supposed) to be a sugar-free variant of (classic) Coke, at least in terms of taste. I dunno, most colas taste pretty similar to me, so I'm not the best judge of these things.

Yes, I do know that, guess I could've worded it as diet coke used the same formula as new coke.

On 7/27/2017 at 7:42 PM, EddieJ1984 said:

CCZS604.rendition.598.336.png

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/coca-cola-unbottled/coke-zero-sugar

Kinda funny how Pepsi Max became Pepsi Zero Sugar too late last year, and so now Coke Zero is going to be Zero Sugar.

Also they say new improved taste, hmm I always thought Coke Zero came close to tasting like Coke, like 85% there is still room for improvement.

Then again I think Diet Coke tastes better.

Well this is pointless.

jonw.gif

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I've had it, and yea it does taste more like Coke, it is different than Coke Zero though, but not too different. You can still tell you're not drinking actual coke, but its more of it being not as sweet instead of any aftertaste.

Also I finally realized what the label reminds me of.

cokezerosugar_2L.pngmetallica_master_elektra3.JPG

Archived