MLB | Texas Rangers Logo Modernization

Go Red Sox!

I decided to modernize the current Texas Rangers identity. I always thought they have a good set of logos, but, since they've rebranded in 2003, they also aged over time.

597b884489e0e_CurrentTexasRangerslogo.png.3b21f6df323e68190fde4260109895b3.png

Current Texas Rangers primary mark

1 – Primary logo: No more drop shadow on the "T" initial. Bolder lines and a slightly broader typeface. New baseball seams. The two stars are now separately placed on a white background.

2 – Secondary logo: A modernized version of the 1994-2002 alternate logo. The two shades of silver are no longer part of the Rangers color scheme.

3 – Alternate logo: A revised version of the current alternate Texas flag logo being used on the Rangers uniforms. The bevel on the lone star has been removed, as well as the color silver.

597dee99a6e0b_TexasRangerslogopresentation.thumb.png.e3126504fe744448c89ea66e8b1614b3.png

597deeba83516_TexasRangerslogodetails.thumb.png.82a5ca7cb5a821d076d3d97a9a5cd7e3.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

As a Rangers fan I dig this a lot. The northwestern stripe on the roundel gives the modern set a retro vibe which is pretty cool. I think my only quibble might be that the stroke on the T seems too thick for my taste, but man, I'm not even sure if it's just because I've seen the previous logo my tenure as a fan. Excellent work here.

That really is an improvement.  Part of it is my hatred of the drop shadow but I'm also a big fan of the way some of the color elements are spaced from each other.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

20 hours ago, buckeye said:

Everything about it, gorgeous.

Thank you, buckeye. Much appreciated!

20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

A major improvement on their current logos. Great work! 

Thanks, coco1997. I already wanted to give it a try a year ago during MLB season, but somehow forgot about it.

19 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

That's an excellent streamlining of the Rangers' logos. It looks cleaner without the bevels, and I also like that you kept plenty of white barriers between the red and royal blue. Well done!

Thanks, SFGiants58. The 1990's-like "T" drop shadow was my No.1 cause to revise the whole thing. But that silver bevel is so very outdated, moreover superfluous, it tremendously clutters those marks for no reason.

16 hours ago, Steelman said:

As a Rangers fan I dig this a lot. The northwestern stripe on the roundel gives the modern set a retro vibe which is pretty cool. I think my only quibble might be that the stroke on the T seems too thick for my taste, but man, I'm not even sure if it's just because I've seen the previous logo my tenure as a fan. Excellent work here.

Thanks, Steelman. Good to know a Rangers fan is actually liking the results.

11 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That really is an improvement.  Part of it is my hatred of the drop shadow but I'm also a big fan of the way some of the color elements are spaced from each other.

Thank you, OnWis97. Yeah, I think it looks cleaner now, plus those white circles and lines make it look more interesting.

15 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Could we see a version of the primary with red stitching on the baseball instead of blue?

Sure...

597cb465a80d1_TexasRangersprimarylogoredstitches.png.6c609b68a802108fa367e966582c4038.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

There's not much to say that hasn't been said already, this really is fantastic! I also love how well the blue and red are separated by the white. I would agree both in that I like the version with the red stitches better, and that some of the line strokes are maybe a little too thick, but that doesn't degrade the overall look much at all. Great job!

This set looks great. Would love to see some uniform sets to see what you were thinking for that. I was working on a Rangers rebrand myself but don't think I can match this! Only complaint I have is that I dislike logos that have the ball of the sport in them but it actually works well here (agree that the red stitching looks better).

I dig it!  Only complaint is the little nub of navy blue on the flag is distracting, plus it's not quite finished (in my eyes).  It's a departure from the rest of the design, also.  You've got these wonderful flat logos, then you've got a billowing flag, but it's not exactly showing depth.  Looks more like it's melting.

It's 99% of the way there, however, so don't let my C&C get you down.  Tremendous stuff.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Thanks a lot, guys! Much appreciated as always.

Here is the wordmark uniform logo on three different backgrounds (white home, blue and red alternate uni). The font is less compressed and slightly bolder, so it suits the state of Texas a little better.

5341_texas_rangers-alternate-2014.png.9a2d58b072abd322db487fe0abfa5696.png

Current uniform wordmark logo

5980a3ab71cf6_TexasRangerswordmarklogo.thumb.png.3cf5e386459f92e07c3b413c4bdda6ec.png

Archived