Indiana Pacers New Uniforms, Alternate Logos

upperV03

I like them.

The Indiana & Pacers around the numbers is different, but looks good. Silver is gone, which is a huge win. The side panels are a little hokey, but they are classy enough that they work. It's a solid 8/10 design. I agree with @the admiral that we should've gotten a FloJo update, but I'll take these over the previous set any day. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here's some real looks at the details of the new uniforms:

Overall, I think they're pretty sharp. They're kinda funky, but that fits within their overall uniform history. And I actually don't mind them having the full team name on both jerseys as it's something unique to the NBA and I think if any team can pull it off, it's Indiana.

I would have done some of the details differently, but I like the vibe. Feels fitting for a team in basketball's heartland.

The white trim makes the lettering really hard to read on the blue jersey. Even looking at Lance in the video thumbnail, all the letters fill in and that's not taken from that far away. People need to start thinking about this stuff in terms of function and cohesiveness instead of just defaulting to putting every color in every element. Selective use and placement of colors often yields better results, in my opinion.

Also, they definitely should have replaced all the silver keylines on the logos with white given where the uniforms ended up. Yet another case of "close, but not quite there" for me. They really need a gold version of the P logo, too. It looks lost on the blue shorts.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Nike speak-

OUR UNIFORM

Featuring Indiana and Pacers at front and center cements the relationship that the Pacers team has with the entire state. The circular design of the team name is a compact yet elegant presentation of team and state unity. The player number, placed between team and state, puts players in the center of these two integral elements. Our compact typeface establishes a modern traditional look and feel. This typeface corresponds with the overall elements of the jersey and the rest of our visual language. The white, blue, and gold of the Pacers serve as our palette for both our Association and Icon jerseys.On the side paneling of the Association and Icon jerseys, the linework of the dimensional farmland system provides a dynamic edge

THE LINES

The elements above the horizon line make up the sun's rays, which is appropriate because we aren't afraid to get up with the sun. We take pride in our work ethic and making the most of the day. Same goes for this team.

The lines below the horizon line represent the roots and landscape of Indiana. This showcases rural fields to urban spaces, the blacktop courts to the hardwood, and all in between.

The Pacers aren't bad. But remind me of something Michigan would have work during their Adidas days. 

I feel like basketball uniforms in general have been going towards more simple designs. Strange to see two teams (Cleveland and Indiana) so far go with overly modern, cluttered, almost dated looking designs.

36 minutes ago, kutztown said:

Not bad, but my first thought when I saw these unis was "Cal Bears"

They definitely have a college feel to them.  But, for the Pacers' identity, that's not a bad thing.

I *love* the seal.  I'm curious as to how and where they'll use it, though. 

Archived