Indiana Pacers New Uniforms, Alternate Logos

upperV03

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have much of a rhyme or reason to me liking the side panels other than just saying "well...cause I like them". Love the corn row design, and the "cuts" into the panel, if you will, give off a similar sort of look to the horizon pattern in the alt logo. It all just works for me somehow.

The front, on the other hand...

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Pacers still look better than OKC,LAX, Brooklyn,New Orleans, Toronto..

Wish this or the other secondary logo was their center court logo instead.

indiana-lines-1.png

You would not want to give the audience epileptic seizures 

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here's how the Pacers' new navy uniform looks in NBA 2K18:

IMG_6508.thumb.JPG.dd12cfadf650e472ae15b16e40d86990.JPG

This screenshot also gives us a glimpse at how the Warriors' shorts might translate to Nike's template, and it also gives us a better idea at what the Nike NBA socks will look like. Judging by the Pacers' socks in this screenshot, it looks like there will be team-specific versions available, at least with the team-specific colors.

Is Stance no longer the official sock licensee? Seems odd that their deal would run for such a short period of time.  It’s only been two seasons.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Morning, all!

You may notice this thread exists today, and didn’t when you went to sleep last night. The announcement is coming soon, but we’re trialing a new system where we’ll split off from megathreads for individual leaks and reveals. In accordance, please use this thread for all Pacers-related discussion, no the NBA Changes thread.

Thanks!

6fQjS3M.png

45 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Is Stance no longer the official sock licensee? Seems odd that their deal would run for such a short period of time.  It’s only been two seasons.

As part of the new Nike deal, they're taking over from Stance as the official on-court sock provider. Stance can continue making NBA licensed socks, but the on-court product will be made by Nike.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As a life long resident of Indiana, I can appreciate the branding but I don't care for the uniforms. These look like the result of a one night stand between the Golden St. Warriors and Marquette basketball uniforms.

These uniforms work. Having both the location and team names on the uniforms is indeed different and caused me to double take, but it's not bad or grotesque. The Pacers updated the right way.

I also think it might be time to accept that this is where piping and side panels are headed, in terms of tradition. There might be a few teams that go for the symmetric, full design, but I see most teams trending toward the gimmicky stuff.

NSFCvyu.png

9 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

80/94 and the Toll Road should be significantly less nightmarish by then, but 65's going to be chewed up through 2018.

More like through the end of time as we know it--I-70, too--but let me get off that topic right now because... :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As far as these Indiana uniforms go...

...my wife says they're an improvement...she didn't like the old ones, she said they were too plain. She's just as big a sports fan as i am--and increasingly one of its aesthetics. (Score one for Buc!) She likes that Indiana tried something different, and went away from being so "plain-jane and vanilla".

As soon as I saw the teaser, I immediately thought to myself "Hoosiers". Seeing the whole set...I guess the best way I can describe it is "Indiana BC" (Indiana Basketball Club). I can see the Indiana heritage inspiration--in that new secondary logo (which i REALLY like--and having lived up there in Indiana for four years, I can definitely understand and appreciate the "WE GROW BASKETBALL HERE" tagline)--but as per Nike M.O. it looks like they made a "decorative design element" out of it which with the "cornrow lines" being oriented on the uniforms as they are makes them, to me at least, look more like "random radial sunburst". I like the idea of it; just not the execution. Same for the obvious mixing of the "FloJo" side striping into that mosaic--if we hadn't already seen all these random cuts and side angles from Nike-produced designs before (namely the Jacksonville Jaguars) I probably wouldn't otherwise think too much about it. But that's yet another "trademark" design element of theirs. (And actually, now that i think about it, I'm legit surprised they didn't go the "opposing rounded/angled/squared corner" route with the jersey fonts. Speaking of which, their previous numbers weren't even straight Agency; why do so here?)

I'm also not understanding the decision to outline the "Indiana Pacers" script in white and leave everything else sans outlines. It adds needless clutter. (This is yet another of those curious design decisions I've seen of Nike's uniforms before--a bit too much for my liking.) The whole would look words better if they had kept strictly to navy and yellow (especially on the roads) and let those colors breathe on their own.

Of course, there's one other thing: I personally would have loved to have seen them embrace the spirit of (or heritage of) their nickname--racing, that is, which invokes some sense of speed and motion, kinda like the players on the court (how's that for Nike-speak?)--but it looks like they went the other direction, invoking more of a "Spirit of Indiana" vibe--which i suppose is ok, too. (And again, having lived there as long as I did, I can definitely sense and see that.)  If that was the guiding objective of their creative brief, then I'd say they hit the mark. Personally not my cup of tea, but at the end of the day, as my wife says "it's an improvement over what they had before".

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 minute ago, Around the Horn said:

Do team have any say in keeping their current Stance designs as Nike socks or no?

Nah, it's Nike across the board. Stance can't provide any designs for the teams.

Maybe off-court stuff since they could conceivably still purchase a licensing agreement with the league, but that would only be for off-the-court merchandise.

Archived