crashcarson15

New Forum Policy on “Megathreads”

When the bot post announced the new Titan unis, that would have been a great place for locking the previous speculation 'it's coming' thread and starting anew with 'here they are - talk away'.

And concepts should always go in the concept forum, not in the megathreads :-)

Agreed.   Concepts only clog megathreads and make them even more unwieldy.

I just think it’s not unreasonable to have separate threads on some things like a league-wide special uniform program.  Seems that deserves a thread of its own, not he buried in the middle of a 300+ page megathread.

I’m not totally opposed to the policy, but think the application needs to be a bit more consistent.  The new bot has only thrown that into focus. 

Also I think that if a thread balloons into what is clearly going to be a long-running thread (Cleveland Browns redo in the works for 2020? comes to mind), it wouldn't be a bad idea to change the name to something more general ("Cleveland Browns 2020 rumors and speculation"). Pre-Titans unveil, that thread, plus the Titans and Jags speculation threads all had different titles with different tones. It wouldn't be a bad idea to somewhat clean that up after it becomes clear what the thread is leading towards.

On 4/6/2018 at 4:41 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

When the bot post announced the new Titan unis, that would have been a great place for locking the previous speculation 'it's coming' thread and starting anew with 'here they are - talk away'.

I think we're going to try this with the Jaguars -- lock the speculation thread when the unveiling event begins and transition to a new thread to cover the unveiling.