Nuggets unveil new uniforms*

Cujo

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nuggets would be a great team to try new things with. I loved the 2004 redesign and the emphasis on baby blue and medium blue, but they gave up on the medium in favor of navy and did way too much tinkering over the years. As long as you include some shade of gold for gold nuggets, you can go in any number of directions with them. I'm ready to see the 1993 logos retired for good, for one thing.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

The Nuggets would be a great team to try new things with. I loved the 2004 redesign and the emphasis on baby blue and medium blue, but they gave up on the medium in favor of navy and did way too much tinkering over the years. As long as you include some shade of gold for gold nuggets, you can go in any number of directions with them. I'm ready to see the 1993 logos retired for good, for one thing.

Agreed, that font is beyond date I think, and I liked this set when it came out in 1993-94 even the colors, though royal blue might of worked better with the maroon and gold. I still think using copper would be a nice new twist.

58 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

I just wish they'd go back to their '90s color palette of navy, deep red, and actual GOLD....you know, since they're the Nuggets and all. 

It was a nice combo, but the Pelicans pretty much have that color palette..

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It was a nice combo, but the Pelicans pretty much have that color palette..

Good point -- in my opinion the Pelicans should never have had that color palette, though. Mardi Gras or black and gold like the Saints both make far too much sense for them not to utilize one or the other. So I guess in a perfect world I'd have the Pelicans switch to either of those and then the Nuggets switch back to their '90s color palette!

Man, "Memphis Express" would have rocked in the right hands. Do some Stax Records-style imagery (like the D-league team) and don't call any attention to FedEx. Another mistake David Stern made with this franchise, like establishing it at all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As a lifelong fan of the team, I wouldn't be surprised if this is nothing more than just nothing. Josh Kroenke and Stan Kroenke are always behind when it comes to identity. The mountain logo should have been dropped 8 years ago, and the beautiful secondary should have smoothly replaced it. The newer unis were poorly marketed. Most fans didn't even notice the change, in fact, you go to a game and 90% of people still wear the jerseys from a few years ago. What this team needs is a concise branding plan and to get away from their lazy approaches in marketing. A color change is much needed. I pray for a better plan going forward. 

Edited.  I deleted the pic. The collars clearly don't match. I'll trust the nuggets themselves over Darren Rovell. Sorry for jumping the gun. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Archived