Nuggets unveil new uniforms*

Cujo

8 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Ok now I put my two cents in. Association uni is neutral for me, don't love, don't hate, just okay, but Icon is a completly mess:

• Wordmark -thanks to white border- is unreadable from a distance,
  • White stripes takes too much attention
  • Lack of baby blue and even of yellow,
  • White numbers is the only good thing on that (IMO)

Here is my quick fix based on 2005-2012 alternate (above-mentioned by Anythinglogos), which is actually a good jersey:

hAlAd9I.jpg

BTW, I hope Nuggets will kept that beauty tetris jersey with us, no matter if yellow or baby blue.

Just came in here to post basically the same idea with the wordmark....the yellow/white/light blue gets so lost with all three colors together, so something (navy, in this case) to create contrast in between the yellow and light blue is perfect. I think the collar trim and numerals still need some retooling, but the wordmark is a definite upgrade!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many people on the Nuggets' Twitter page saying the new unis are ? or "sick". Sometimes Twitter gathers a collection of all people with the worst taste in the world. How are these at all better than the previous set?

3 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

So many people on the Nuggets' Twitter page saying the new unis are ? or "sick". Sometimes Twitter gathers a collection of all people with the worst taste in the world. How are these at all better than the previous set?

I'd imagine at least a small portion of the followers praising these uniforms are shills.

what a mess. I want the skyline and powder blues. Why go conventional with the navy? the yellow outline and white number makes it illegible on the navy. I'm pretty sure that the statkeeper will complain.

20 minutes ago, Pengin. said:

what a mess. I want the skyline and powder blues. Why go conventional with the navy? the yellow outline and white number makes it illegible on the navy. I'm pretty sure that the statkeeper will complain.

Not really.  It might not be aesthetically pleasing, but those numbers are very legible.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't have to say about the uniforms other than switching from sky blue to navy was unnecessary.

That being said, I think it's time for the Nuggets to rebrand. They've had the same uniform template since the Carmelo era, they've recolored their logo three times since 1993, and they have the same color scheme as three or four other teams in the league. Something has to change.

20 minutes ago, Chilton92 said:

I don't have to say about the uniforms other than switching from sky blue to navy was unnecessary.

That being said, I think it's time for the Nuggets to rebrand. They've had the same uniform template since the Carmelo era, they've recolored their logo three times since 1993, and they have the same color scheme as three or four other teams in the league. Something has to change.

I agree, and I think a lot of teams are in the same boat. (Grizzlies, Rockets to name a few).

And i'm wondering if Nike is working on some of these already. It was hinted in an interview with the Jazz president that they will have about 6 years worth of jerseys, not just the 4. So i'm wondering if thats hinting down the road at additional changes.

11 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Definitely not the worst of the new uniforms... not sure why people are being so dramatic about these.  Yes, light blue instead of navy would have been better.  And yes, the wordmark strokes should have been revised.  But other than that, its a very clean look, its an identifiable look, and they kept the side panels, which is becoming a staple of their brand.

I saw people on Twitter and Reddit calling this easily the worst yet... which, if you ask me, of the uniforms that had major changes (not just changing the logo on the waistband), this IS one of the better redesigns. 

But, the primary color and the wordmark are the two most dominant pieces of the uniform.

It’s like saying, “Come on. The car isn’t *that* bad. It’s just rusty neon green and the windows don’t work.”

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

12 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

But, the primary color and the wordmark are the two most dominant pieces of the uniform.

It’s like saying, “Come on. The car isn’t *that* bad. It’s just rusty neon green and the windows don’t work.”

The whole point I was making is that people over-react to every little thing.  These uniforms aren't terrible.  Did they make mistakes as far as brand is concerned?  Yes.  But it doesn't mean the uniform is BAD.  They are incredibly consistent and clean - something we all constantly bitch about.  One workmark is not easy to read.  But that's the only bad design element in the uniforms.  And its not THAT hard to read.  People are making it sounds like its looking directly into the sun.  It takes .5 seconds to read it.

They are definitely NOT the worst uniforms from Nike's release.

14 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

The whole point I was making is that people over-react to every little thing.  These uniforms aren't terrible.  Did they make mistakes as far as brand is concerned?  Yes.  But it doesn't mean the uniform is BAD.  They are incredibly consistent and clean - something we all constantly bitch about.  One workmark is not easy to read.  But that's the only bad design element in the uniforms.  And its not THAT hard to read.  People are making it sounds like its looking directly into the sun.  It takes .5 seconds to read it.

They are definitely NOT the worst uniforms from Nike's release.

I agree that these aren't bad, and certainly not the worst from Nike's release, but I'm not sure if wordmarks fall under "every little thing." As mentioned, wordmarks are a focal point of most every basketball jersey -- for that reason they should be visually appealing and easy to read. These Nuggets jerseys are a little lacking in both of those departments in ways, and I think some people, myself included, are frustrated because better alternatives exist....like simply switching the white stroke to navy. These aren't bad, they're just not as good as they could be and without reason at that. 

Archived