Nuggets unveil new uniforms*

Cujo

If you're going to redesign the unis, why have the center stripe go the full length of the shorts?  It's the first shorts design that looks to be incompatible with the off-center Nike notch/vent -- and that includes the Bulls' and Wizards' shorts. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's consistent that the side panels match the numbers, but it would have worked better had they been yellow on both uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow, what a huge downgrade. The previous set wasn't great, and last seasons tweake worsened it except for the font, but these are just so bland and lifeless. They're basically a navy/white/yellow team now with hints of light blue, which at the very least stood out as a primary color in the NBA ( and I day that as a huge fan of the 90's navy-red-gold). The outlining of the Denver on the navy uniform makes it really hard to read. If for some reason they wanted to emphasize navy over light blue, the previous navy Alts had much better color balance and were much more interesting overall

allen-iverson-Wallpaper-.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

bf4fw9xbflo9zqf9oiepoui9h.gif

s-l225.jpg

Let's call a spade a spade and agree that the Nuggets should have used this Mountains template, replace purple with Navy,switch the teal with gold and voila!!

If you are up in arms about teams stealing designs. Look no further than,

Exhibit A - Rochester Royals/Sacramento Kings

Rochester%20Royals%20Jersey.jpg

0e5511894c8bb2e504816401a187269b.jpg

Exhibit B: OKC Thunder..no relation to the former team. But identity clearly stolen.

okc-thunder-jerseys.jpg

Am I alone in this?

shado_logo.gif

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

Wow, what a huge downgrade. The previous set wasn't great, and last seasons tweake worsened it except for the font, but these are just so bland and lifeless. They're basically a navy/white/yellow team now with hints of light blue, which at the very least stood out as a primary color in the NBA ( and I day that as a huge fan of the 90's navy-red-gold). The outlining of the Denver on the navy uniform makes it really hard to read. If for some reason they wanted to emphasize navy over light blue, the previous navy Alts had much better color balance and were much more interesting overall

I've been nostalgic for these for years, and I'm *still* caught off-guard by how much better these are. No white! So good! (And these two dudes wearing them no less, gahhdam!)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

59 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I can barely read the "DENVER" on the roadIcon, the wordmark IMO is too condensed for a white and powder blue outline to work on yellow text. Downgrade on the fact that they owned powder blue and replaced it for navy, but otherwise it's fine.

My thoughts exactly. Looks horrible.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

Also the wordmark on these is kinda funky and unique... the current wordmark is one of the more generic fonts in the league. The lack of white in these truly makes the color scheme shine. if the dark blue accent in the side panel was white, all of the colors would be muddled.... similar to the problem with the uniforms that were just released.

The shiny Melo Nuggets were the best the Nuggets have ever looked. It's been diminishing returns since.

MELO-IN-POST.jpg

LOL Keith Van Horn and his dumb socks.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think people are overlooking how dumb the sponsor logo is too. If it weren't for the tiny Western Union wordmark under the 'WU' then I'd think it's a logo for some company from Asia named WU Shipping. That's terrible branding on Western Union's part. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Another thing that's bugging me is that from a distance, the powder and gold on the side panels is bleeding together and looks like this random stripe of a sagey green or something. That does not look good.

That's the exact same problem the Chargers have.  It's a really bad choice to arrange the colors that way.

Archived