Nuggets unveil new uniforms*

Cujo

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new uniforms aren't bad, but I have to agree that demoting powder blue really takes away a lot of identity. The Nuggets could have "owned" that color to a certain extent, now that most other teams that wore powder blue don't anymore. But now, it's just another navy team. No shortage of them.

17 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

I think people are overlooking how dumb the sponsor logo is too. If it weren't for the tiny Western Union wordmark under the 'WU' then I'd think it's a logo for some company from Asia named WU Shipping. That's terrible branding on Western Union's part. 

Cause everybody knows about WU shipping

3 minutes ago, bowld said:

Cause everybody knows about WU shipping

WU Shipping isn't even a real company lol. The problem with Western Union making the 'WU' so prominent is that the logo is not iconic nor easily identifiable. That's where they fail.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

As a fan, I'd say the road unis are digestible, but the white home is so bleh. The Denver word mark should be yellow/powder/white outlines instead of yellow/white/powder. Oh well, I'm used to Kroenke being apathetic. 

Just now, bowld said:

Anyone think Denver went navy and white so they can match Kronkes Rams? 

Certainly possible. Maybe it's a preview for what the Rams will be wearing in 2019. Although, you'd think the Nuggets would have more yellow if that was the case. (Unless the Rams will be blue and white come 2019).

Definitely not the worst of the new uniforms... not sure why people are being so dramatic about these.  Yes, light blue instead of navy would have been better.  And yes, the wordmark strokes should have been revised.  But other than that, its a very clean look, its an identifiable look, and they kept the side panels, which is becoming a staple of their brand.

I saw people on Twitter and Reddit calling this easily the worst yet... which, if you ask me, of the uniforms that had major changes (not just changing the logo on the waistband), this IS one of the better redesigns. 

8 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

I think you can see DENVER from Pikes Peak. 

Lol and I think you can see "BULLS" from Milwaukee.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here's some closeups:

And here's the article explaining the new uniforms:

https://www.nba.com/amp/nuggets/news/new-era-fresh-new-look

That "Denver" wordmark might take the cake for being one of the worst 'print' wordmarks of all time. It's completely illegible. Even in a close-up, you have to really focus in order to make out each individual letter. 

This is perhaps the new prototypical example of why double outlines so frequently fail. You have a bulky wordmark with loads of serifs, in a light color, outlined by two other light colors. It winds up looking like an amorphous blob of light colors against a dark background.

Also, minor detail, but I loathe how the middle 'prong' of the E appears to be larger and more prominent than the outer two prongs. I know it isn't technically larger, but by having two serifs (in contrast to the other two prongs), and being the same length as the outer two prongs, it looks significantly bigger. Stands out like a swollen thumb (or a swollen middle finger, in this case? ;)).

The number "1" on Harris' uniform is equally hideous as well. Looks way too close to being a "7." The upper portion juts out way too far, and looks disproportionate with the rest of the number.

This is just a very poorly designed font for its intended purpose, IMO.

Ok now I put my two cents in. Association uni is neutral for me, don't love, don't hate, just okay, but Icon is a completly mess:

• Wordmark -thanks to white border- is unreadable from a distance,
  • White stripes takes too much attention
  • Lack of baby blue and even of yellow,
  • White numbers is the only good thing on that (IMO)

Here is my quick fix based on 2005-2012 alternate (above-mentioned by Anythinglogos), which was actually a good jersey:

hAlAd9I.jpg

BTW, I hope Nuggets will kept that beauty tetris jersey with us, no matter if yellow or baby blue.

4r2eer.png

Nike is going for broke with lazy/recycled fonts with these rebrands.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

7 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Ok now I put my two cents in. Association uniforms is neutral for me, don't love, don't hate, just okay, but Icon is a completly mess:

• Wordmark -thanks to white border- is unreadable from a distance,
  • White stripes takes too much attention
  • Lack of baby blue and even of yellow,
  • White numbers is the only good thing on that (IMO)

Here is my quick fix based on 2005/2011 alternate (which is mention by Anythinglogos and it's actually a good navy jersey):

hAlAd9I.jpg

BTW, I hope Nuggets are kept that beatuy tetris jersey with us, no matter if yellow or baby blue.

I'd infinitely prefer a powder blue home jersey, but if the Nuggets are insistent on a navy blue jersey (and I'm sure they are), this is immeasurably better than the actual new uniforms. That font does not work with both a white and gold outline, point blank. 

The E and the 1 will be ugly no matter what, but the font is at least legible and clear with your updates.

Good work. It looks much better than what Denver ended up doing but now that uni looks even more like the Grizzlies in addition to their Association ones already looking a lot like the Pacers. I really don't like what Denver did here mainly because they removed their unique look to blend in with a few other teams already using most of those colors. The Association ones are fine I guess but those Icon threads need some serious work starting with the retina burning wordmark color combination. How do you not have any negative space between the D and the R at the very least? Just looks like 2 blocks

Archived