Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

5 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

On the other hand, people own lots of clothes, but usually only one suit of armor.

Which is exactly why knights and soldiers, post battle, would often have blacksmiths repair armour. And why they'd spend so much time polishing their weapons and armour.

You only had one set of armour, and it was often paid for out of pocket. Which is part of why it was such a source of pride to maintain it. Not even the most hardened warrior was walking around with scuffed armour unless they absolutely had to.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Which is exactly why knights and soldiers, post battle, would often have blacksmiths repair armour. And why they'd spend so much time polishing their weapons and armour.

You only had one set of armour, and it was often paid for out of pocket. Which is part of why it was such a source of pride to maintain it. Not even the most hardened warrior was walking around with scuffed armour unless they absolutely had to.

You’re correct if we’re talking about medieval armor. The surviving examples show evidence of the type of care and refinishing you describe.

However, Greek armor (much more relevant to this example) is thicker and more rugged than medieval armor, typically bronze, and shows much more wear and patina because the forging and refinishing practices were somewhat primitive compared to those of the medieval period. The surviving examples also show more focus on utility (as opposed to the more elaborate, decorative, and/or ceremonial nature of medieval armor).

In short, this technique would be much more appropriate for the Titans than it was for Rutgers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

You’re correct if we’re talking about medieval armor. The surviving examples show evidence of the type of care and refinishing you describe.

However, Greek armor (much more relevant to this example) is thicker and more rugged than medieval armor, typically bronze, and shows much more wear and patina because the forging and refinishing practices were somewhat primitive compared to those of the medieval period. The surviving examples also show more focus on utility (as opposed to the more elaborate, decorative, and/or ceremonial nature of medieval armor).

In short, this technique would be much more appropriate for the Titans than it was for Rutgers.

That would be great if the rumour was that the Titans were going with a bronze helmet. 

The rumour, though, is that they’re going with a silver helmet w/ “battle damage.” 

Which, name aside, seems to imply a battled-damaged medieval armoured look. 

Swapping out silver for bronze would be neat. Their two blues could be tweaked to add a little more red to them. Then you'd have bronze, a light blue with more red, a navy with a tiny more red, and a regular red. Give you a nice cohesive color scheme.

Light blue as the main color, navy secondary, bronze third as the helmet color and in logos, and little pops of red here and there.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:09 PM, Ice_Cap said:

That would be great if the rumour was that the Titans were going with a bronze helmet. 

The rumour, though, is that they’re going with a silver helmet w/ “battle damage.” 

Which, name aside, seems to imply a battled-damaged medieval armoured look. 

They’ve been slowly but consistently moving their identity toward a Greek motif. I’d be shocked if they suddenly turned the ship around. Silver is already a minor part of their color scheme, so I don’t see that as a purposeful indication that they’re pursuing a medieval theme over a Greek one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 minute ago, bowld said:

I am all for a Red helmet. I believe Red is really the only color the league currently has no helmets in. We have Navy, Royal, White, Gold, Silver, Green, Black, Purple and Orange

Chiefs, Redskins come to mind

Archived