Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

The Titans look horrible in red. Red/navy/columbia is a trashy looking scheme that belongs only in the XFL or some other bush league.

I don’t really know why they would want to emphasize red at all (other than for cheap Oilers nostalgia). The greatest amount of red that the Titans could use and still look ok would be similar to how orange was used in the last Bucs identity (as both are essentially sub-tertiary colors grandfathered in from previous brands).

Regardless, I think they already use the perfect amount of red as it stands: just in the logos. For most intents and purposes, their color scheme is double blue+white,  which is very clean and doesn’t need anything else to muddy it up (which the Bucs did by shoehorning in far too much orange in their last update).

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gupti said:

The Titans look horrible in red. Red/navy/columbia is a trashy looking scheme that belongs only in the XFL or some other bush league.

I don’t really know why they would want to emphasize red at all (other than for cheap Oilers nostalgia). The greatest amount of red that the Titans could use and still look ok would be similar to how orange was used in the last Bucs identity (as both are essentially sub-tertiary colors grandfathered in from previous brands).

Regardless, I think they already use the perfect amount of red as it stands: just in the logos. For most intents and purposes, their color scheme is double blue+white,  which is very clean and doesn’t need anything else to muddy it up (which the Bucs did by shoehorning in far too much orange in their last update).

I agree. The team needs to be overly blue -- probably more navy than baby blue, but an overbalance of red kills most colors.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

29 minutes ago, kimball said:

I agree. The team needs to be overly blue -- probably more navy than baby blue, but an overbalance of red kills most colors.

I'd say that the Titans ideal color balance goes something like:

1. Columbia

2. White

3. Navy

or at least the same with navy and Columbia swapped. This right here is a pretty amazing balance (I even kind of like the red on the accessories because it isn't directly competing with the blues):

tennessee-titans-running-back-derrick-he

A little off topic...

All this talk about the Titans in red made me remember when they used to have red alternate jerseys. This was before alternate jerseys in the league became a norm, so I guess these could just be considered fashion jerseys since they never actually made it to the field.

There were a lot of these fashion alternates back when I was in high school (1999-2003). I had a red Jamal Anderson Falcons jersey. Remember seeing navy blue Dolphins alts. Yellow Packers alts. Black Buccaneers alts. Gold Rams and Saints jerseys.

73fdb20cd5947747eba289b19f659a5d.jpg?_ve

s-l1000.jpg

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

A little off topic...

All this talk about the Titans in red made me remember when they used to have red alternate jerseys. This was before alternate jerseys in the league became a norm, so I guess these could just be considered fashion jerseys since they never actually made it to the field.

No - those WERE fashion jerseys, not alternate jerseys. Definitely not interchangeable words in this case.

It's where I sit.

21 hours ago, Gupti said:

I'd say that the Titans ideal color balance goes something like:

1. Columbia

2. White

3. Navy

or at least the same with navy and Columbia swapped. This right here is a pretty amazing balance (I even kind of like the red on the accessories because it isn't directly competing with the blues):

tennessee-titans-running-back-derrick-he

I agree with your color choices for the Titans (best combo in the picture) but I disagree with the use of red in this situation. I don’t consider red a titan color, but rather just an accent inside the logo. I wouldn’t want the Steelers to wear red or blue accessories because they appear in the helmet logo and the jersey patch.

KISSwall09.jpg

11 minutes ago, hormone said:

I agree with your color choices for the Titans (best combo in the picture) but I disagree with the use of red in this situation. I don’t consider red a titan color, but rather just an accent inside the logo. I wouldn’t want the Steelers to wear red or blue accessories because they appear in the helmet logo and the jersey patch.

Hard to disagree there, honestly. I really meant that if red had to be used at all, then that would be the way that I'd hate the least. I've thought of it as being just one step above if the Vikings used pale flesh-toned accessories or something.

2 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

What are the chances of a name change to Nashville Titans? Also, has anyone seen the logo in this link?

Columbia blue sword on facemask.

That's just the Titans'  alternate logo rendered in all one color on a facemask. It's been on the sleeves for the team's entire existence.

1 hour ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

What are the chances of a name change to Nashville Titans? Also, has anyone seen the logo in this link?

Columbia blue sword on facemask.

I think the alliteration was one of the reasons the Titans name caught on in the first place. I can't see narrowing the scope of their name being helpful to their brand at all.

8 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

Uni Watch posted this "tease."

40209311612_02f3ddc05c.jpg

I tried to blow it up and couldn't make out anything.  The helmet may not be white.  Then again it may be the Power of Photoshop (TM). :lol: 

I wouldn't be surprised if we see this font used for the numbers (and possibly a new wordmark?)

Looks like this font is also used on the left page at the top. Not sure if this is a font that has been used in the past, but if it is new, and is all over this season ticket holder package, and maybe other Titans stuff for 2018, then I think it's a good bet that we'll see that font on the new unis

1 hour ago, JagAaron33 said:

I tried to blow it up and couldn't make out anything.  The helmet may not be white.  Then again it may be the Power of Photoshop (TM). :lol: 

This could be the new font...but they were using the font during 2017 season (which might have been an unknown hint...I dunno...it's very LA Kings-ish):

170410preseason600.jpg

Whereas in 2016 they used a slightly different font for stuff like this:

2016opponents600-2.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, JagAaron33 said:

This was floating around a while ago, a better version actually; but it is just a photo of the existing uniform. So no clues there. 

Archived