Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the font, the lady that was the Titans social media manager (she's now with the Padres) said a year or so ago that it was solely used for marketing purposes and had to connection to the uniforms. That naturally could have changed since then.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

all i know, certain things scare me. Like what nike did to the lions(guaranteed to re-brand in 2022), the numbers for the Seahawks, Bucs, Vikings and Lions and pants for the Browns. If the Titans steer clear of those i'll be happy. but i could be asking for a new unforeseen atrocity. 

sig02_zpsygbwy90z.png

Nike's better rebrands have been the ones that stay more traditional.. Avoiding sleeve stripes just because "modern template" is one prime example of how Nike has offered up some stinkers.. Another is the ridiculous number fonts.. If there's an issue, have the NFL create a pretty basic proprietary block font that the league itself owns, and can serve as the "standard" block font for teams not wanting to get too cute with things.. And lastly is the textures and contrasts.. The Seahawks' "feather" pattern texture on their numbers is pointless, along with the shiny stuff on the Jaguars' shoulders and the a Browns' contrast stitching.. 

1 hour ago, BoDeAngelo said:

all i know, certain things scare me. Like what nike did to the lions(guaranteed to re-brand in 2022), the numbers for the Seahawks, Bucs, Vikings and Lions and pants for the Browns. If the Titans steer clear of those i'll be happy. but i could be asking for a new unforeseen atrocity. 

The lions aren't going to rebrand anything. The uniforms have been a big hit with the fans and players. The only possible thing I could see happening anytime soon is them finding a way to help the numbers contrast a little bit more on the home jersey. 

2 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

The lions aren't going to rebrand anything. The uniforms have been a big hit with the fans and players. The only possible thing I could see happening anytime soon is them finding a way to help the numbers contrast a little bit more on the home jersey. 

So simple: make them white. Done.

32 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

Exactly. How do you spend the time they spend on these things and the numbers are barely visible on your marquee(home) uniform? But i am glad the fans like them.

sig02_zpsygbwy90z.png

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

have the NFL create a pretty basic proprietary block font that the league itself owns, and can serve as the "standard" block font for teams not wanting to get too cute with things..

That's a really good idea - I'm kinda surprised they either hadn't thought of it, or did and decided not to do it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Regarding the font, the lady that was the Titans social media manager (she's now with the Padres) said a year or so ago that it was solely used for marketing purposes and had to connection to the uniforms. That naturally could have changed since then.

That makes sense, I think we've had a similar conversation before funnily enough. Do you happen to know if it is a custom font or not? I have been looking for ages and just can't find it anywhere, I even checked the social media designer's Behance page. 

spacer.png

9 hours ago, henburg said:

I love that font, its all over social media and their website. If they change it to that I will be very happy. 

I love that font. It would instantly be a better number font than what they've been using.

8 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

I sure hope so.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

5 hours ago, henburg said:

That makes sense, I think we've had a similar conversation before funnily enough. Do you happen to know if it is a custom font or not? I have been looking for ages and just can't find it anywhere, I even checked the social media designer's Behance page. 

Believe I said something very similar on the first page of this thread. Made sense to repeat it here.

I do think it is custom. The designer's name is Ashley Strauss and you can follow her on Twitter here

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Clintau24 said:

Believe I said something very similar on the first page of this thread. Made sense to repeat it here.

I do think it is custom. The designer's name is Ashley Strauss and you can follow her on Twitter here

Joe Bosack did the font:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

17 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

15 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Thank you! I figured it was custom considering I literally couldn't find it anywhere. Joe did really great work there as usual. Whether that specific font is used or not, I have a gut feeling something that is at least similar will be what we see. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, henburg said:

Thank you! I figured it was custom considering I literally couldn't find it anywhere. Joe did really great work there as usual. Whether that specific font is used or not, I have a gut feeling something that is at least similar will be what we see. 

I hope so. It's a really high caliber team typeface, and it fits pretty seamlessly with the current suite of logos, which is tough to do. 

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hopefully they just used navy and white because it provides better contrast, and isn't a sign that they're dropping or severely limiting columbia blue. And is that blury picture of the old uniforms or the new ones? It's time for some CCSLCSI work...

spacer.png

Archived