Jezus_Ghoti

Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

15 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

Everyone is going to be squinting at the picture, but the reality of it is that it's marketing material. Who knows if that's even the new uniform photographed behind it. Plus even if it is, it's blurred and filtered so much nothing of note will be picked up.

I remember a few years back when we had a thread about the upcoming change in the Vikings' uniform. In one video the team released, there was what appeared to be a gym bag way in the background.  A discussion began about the stripes on a strap on the gym bag.

This discussion went on for two pages. 

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I remember a few years back when we had a thread about the upcoming change in the Vikings' uniform. In one video the team released, there was what appeared to be a gym bag way in the background.  A discussion began about the stripes on a strap on the gym bag.

This discussion went on for two pages. 

I'm just glad we have a place for inane discussion like this that would normally get shouted down in other sports forums with "Who cares as long as [favorite team] wins!" as if you can't care about more than one thing at a time. 

Just a friendly reminder that I was the first one to mention Miami having some kind of change!

And for the record, I don’t know time tables on everything I shared in my first post. I just know those are changes coming down the pipeline. Also sounds like Jacksonville scrapped the gold helmet, but I can promise you the jerseys are teal. I’ve seen them! This board will LOVE them!

Also I can tell you unequivocally that the Titans rumors floating around here are only half truths. There’s something about red for sure but it’s not the primary and that’s all I’ll say for now!

I’ll be popping in and out over time, and I’m sorry if I can’t respond to everyone individually!

39 minutes ago, DanParker said:

I’ve seen them! This board will LOVE them!

Yeah, now we know you're lying.

This board doesn't "love" anything.

1 hour ago, DanParker said:

Just a friendly reminder that I was the first one to mention Miami having some kind of change!

And for the record, I don’t know time tables on everything I shared in my first post. I just know those are changes coming down the pipeline. Also sounds like Jacksonville scrapped the gold helmet, but I can promise you the jerseys are teal. I’ve seen them! This board will LOVE them!

Also I can tell you unequivocally that the Titans rumors floating around here are only half truths. There’s something about red for sure but it’s not the primary and that’s all I’ll say for now!

I’ll be popping in and out over time, and I’m sorry if I can’t respond to everyone individually!

Have you ever thought about writing horoscopes or being a spirit medium for a living? I think you'd be a natural.

1 hour ago, DanParker said:

“My first post was 95% wrong or overly vague, but I kinda mentioned one thing that I wasn’t sure about and it turned out to be true!”

3 hours ago, DanParker said:

The primary/home Jaguars jersey is black. The alternate is teal. No clue about any of the other teams or things you have said though. 

9 hours ago, DanParker said:

Proof enough to me of your unquestionable clairvoyance. Say, would you mind helping me out and telling me where my car keys went off to? I don’t see them on my desk and I’ve got business to attend to at 6.

9 hours ago, DanParker said:

Leak them and we'll believe you

Iiiiiiinteresting... my old madden concept is looking more and more prophetic, as far as logos go. i hope. :)

DW2KvSvU0AAO5HP.jpg

you know.... if this logo lost the ribbon and replaced the 20 with the tennessee circle that belongs on the sword....... that would be a pretty sweet primary logo. it fixes all the complaints i have with the t-sword as a primary logo, and feels VERY "titan." just needs more columbia.

from this, i take a few things...

1, the logos and colors won't be drastically different...

2, silver is going to be utilized way more now than it ever was before.

3, columbia blue may be downgraded.... OR MAYBE, upgraded... and the logos don't feature a lot of columbia blue because they'll usually appear on a columbia background?

just spitballin'.

i can't wait to see these.

13 hours ago, DanParker said:

2 posts on the forums, and maybe some blind luck?  Go away, and maybe gloat when we have some visual proof.

I like this logo! I love seeing more of the sword, greek patterns, and that good font. I'm also seeing a lot more gray than has been used in the past. The one thing making me nervous is the downplay of columbia blue. It really should be at the forefront of the Titans' identity. 

If anyone is in the Nashville area the the reveal will take place at the FGL house at a party they're throwing for the new uniforms

19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, now we know you're lying.

This board doesn't "love" anything.

only way to make people slightly consider this guy is 1st say that we will hate their futuristic nike BS then have 1000 posts so we know who you are otherwise don't bother

I'm banking on the word mark being one solid color with no outlines, gradients or any other details. That's the crappy trend nowadays. 

Do they really need different fonts for the big 20 and the small numbers?

14 hours ago, ColeJ said:

Iiiiiiinteresting... my old madden concept is looking more and more prophetic, as far as logos go. i hope. :)

DW2KvSvU0AAO5HP.jpg

you know.... if this logo lost the ribbon and replaced the 20 with the tennessee circle that belongs on the sword....... that would be a pretty sweet primary logo. it fixes all the complaints i have with the t-sword as a primary logo, and feels VERY "titan." just needs more columbia.

from this, i take a few things...

1, the logos and colors won't be drastically different...

2, silver is going to be utilized way more now than it ever was before.

3, columbia blue may be downgraded.... OR MAYBE, upgraded... and the logos don't feature a lot of columbia blue because they'll usually appear on a columbia background?

just spitballin'.

i can't wait to see these.

We can also use this logo to put that stupid Reddit rumour to rest. This isn’t the logo of a team dropping navy and minimizing Columbia blue to run with red and silver. 

Does anyone else find it odd that the Titans are releasing commemorative logos for next season before launching their new identity? Seems like the other should come first.