Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

I think they have fine uniforms now besides the helmet striped provided they wear the right combos which they seem allergic too. Already have been wearing mono-navy far too much and not even with blue socks.

i expect these to have a custom Nike font and either striping or some pattern that Nike's marketing speak spins to be about the Greeks or romans and the primary home uniform will be mono-navy. 

That's just me being pessimistic. Hopefully these wind up more Vikings/Lions than Bucs/Browns.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hopeful they reclaim the baby-blue and red look of the old Oilers. It's an attractive combo that would be completely unique among NFL teams, which isn't something that can be said about anything using navy.

5c364a6da84696ed4066a7c54561c01d-getty-88157282jr015_hall_of_fame_game_medium.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

1 hour ago, jgiff17 said:

I hope they sell the Oilers identity (I know they can't but wish we had gotten the browns deal?) to Houston so we can reclaim the luv ya blue where it belongs!!!! 

Just a question... how many Houstonians actually have a problem with the Texans identity? 

Because I don't really hear many wanting to be the Oilers again. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

16 hours ago, 29texan said:

Just a question... how many Houstonians actually have a problem with the Texans identity? 

Because I don't really hear many wanting to be the Oilers again. 

I don't think anyone including myself has a problem with the Texans identity because compared to the likes of the jags, bucs, Browns, etc it's actually pretty solid especially the helmet but you still see oiler stuff when you go to the games...it was a rough way to lose them the fans were against bud not the team by what I can recall. Plus their identity was great and one of a kind. We got pretty identity wise to have two teams that looked good for a long time. I think the only Oilers helmet that sucked was the silver one. 

20 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

Does this imply a lame-duck uniform for 2017, as has been the case for other teams whenever they get a new uniform (eg Bucs and Dolphins in 1996, Eagles in 1995)?

I think that's a safe bet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/2/2017 at 2:55 PM, whitedawg22 said:

I'm hopeful they reclaim the baby-blue and red look of the old Oilers. It's an attractive combo that would be completely unique among NFL teams, which isn't something that can be said about anything using navy.

5c364a6da84696ed4066a7c54561c01d-getty-88157282jr015_hall_of_fame_game_medium.jpg

God, that's beautiful.

On 8/1/2017 at 8:03 PM, Gothamite said:

I wish. 

The Bengals and Falcons were the first two examples that sprung to mind of chasing modern trends to their own detriment. 

Apart from the side panels, the Bengals set is relatively restrained.. The Cardinals on the other hand...

I love how she assures us that they're "not going to be orange or anything". Idk wtf we're supposed to do with that kind of obvious information. As for me, just the fact that they're killing the current look is good news. It is one of the more teambuilder looks in the NFL. 

Midway.png

• 1 month later...

To reinforce the likelihood of seeing a lot of greek-inspired elements in this refresh, here's a new mascot(?) that the Titans debuted at yesterday's game:

A lot of subtle flame elements are incorporated in the helmet and battle axe, and the axe itself is very reminiscent of a "T". The back cape features a flameless-thumbtack surrounded by the Greek pattern, which I believe may have been designed here actually. His reception was positive, although he wasn't given a ton to do. 

Once again, it likely means nothing as the designer said he had a week and a half to create the costume, but things have been moving this direction lately with the team. 

spacer.png

Archived