Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I HATE when I see that a topic that I’m interested in has been bumped to the top, only to find out that it was a TEAL post that did it, because it’s a total waste of time reading it. I’m not going to get myself suspended by continuing this much longer, but goddam you’re the most annoying poster in some time here. 

Thank god someone put this into words. It’s been the bane of my past month to see when the Jags thread had activity only to see it was another one of this guy’s <10 word comments about how excited he is when I usually expect activity to correlate to either news or interesting analysis.

Sure, the ignore button is there, but I’m sure that everyone here could use less of this. This isn’t Reddit where comments are trifling and can be thrown around without trouble. There’s kind of an unwritten etiquette on forums like these to not speak up unless you have something productive to say.

THe Raptors King was trashed because he had just signed up when he posted that the NBA was doing away with home/away jerseys and in the end every single bit of information he have came up to be true. While I personally don’t believe the guy who posted the Jaguars are going to a UCLA look, until some real images surface we have no way of knowing who’s right.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Anyway...

If the Titans keep red in their logo I hope they use it somewhere in their uniforms. That's one of the (many) things that bothered me about the old set. Red would have injected some life and energy into the look, especially the navy and white uniforms.

Just now, BJ Sands said:

Anyway...

If the Titans keep red in their logo I hope they use it somewhere in their uniforms. That's one of the (many) things that bothered me about the old set. Red would have injected some life and energy into the look, especially the navy and white uniforms.

I'm hoping for a red alternate.

Jaguars

and back to the short snippets.  That lasted...

I'm hoping they actually embrace the Greek motif they seem to be utilizing more and more.  Be kinda neat to see that design on the 20th anniversary logo as the pant stripe.  or even the helmet stripe (maybe finally going away from the tapered stripes?)

My sincere hope is a good mesh of both Navy and Columbia.  They could easily embrace being a dual-blue team, similar to how they've swapped Navy and Columbia here and there as the primary jersey.  I don't want them going permanently to Columbia and downplay the navy, just as I wouldn't want them to go full-time Navy and downplay the Columbia.  Both colors work for the Titans as they are.  Red should certainly be restricted to tertiary color for accents, outlines, and the logo with the Tennessee stars. (even though the stars are white but...semantics)

But hey who the hell knows.  They could go blue and steel with Columbia as the tertiary and completely eliminate red.  All up in the air until we start getting teasers.

I did not mean to cause such a hailstorm, my sincerest apologies. 

I would like like to be as clear as possible and say that a gold helmet for Jacksonville was in the works but that was changed to black, but I stand by what I said in that a teal jersey is now the primary. 

As as far as the Titans, I’ll just say you should be bracing yourselves. These uniforms are pretty wild. They feature a design mechanism I’ve long watched this board fear making its way to the NFL. And again for the record I have never said they are getting red helmets. People are starting to put words in my mouth and I don’t appreciate that.

4 minutes ago, DanParker said:

I would like like to be as clear as possible and say that a gold helmet for Jacksonville was in the works but that was changed to black, but I stand by what I said in that a teal jersey is now the primary. 

As as far as the Titans, I’ll just say you should be bracing yourselves. These uniforms are pretty wild. They feature a design mechanism I’ve long watched this board fear making its way to the NFL. 

Is it chrome? or like damaged chrome like Rutgers used? 

To me it means either gradients or chrome. 

Still hoping for those transparent side panels we’ve been waiting so long for. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

30 minutes ago, DanParker said:

As as far as the Titans, I’ll just say you should be bracing yourselves. These uniforms are pretty wild. They feature a design mechanism I’ve long watched this board fear making its way to the NFL. And again for the record I have never said they are getting red helmets. People are starting to put words in my mouth and I don’t appreciate that.

So you're sticking with the Jags as teal primary. I've heard and seen different, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt based on what you heard. What color are the numbers? Black?

12 minutes ago, DanParker said:

You are correct, they feature gradients.

That is a tragedy. 

43 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

To me it means either gradients or chrome. 

Still hoping for those transparent side panels we’ve been waiting so long for. 

Can't wait for the linemen to show off their side gut with pride. 

32 minutes ago, DanParker said:

You are correct, they feature gradients.

giphy.gif

What’s funny about these rumors is that they can actually be right yet still be wrong. There was someone who reported on Reddit before Jaguars 2013 set was unveiled that the players last names would appear above the shield logo on the chest to make it look more like a military uniform. This ultimately didn’t happen, of course (thank god), but you could later see in a Nike promotional video for the uniforms that they did, indeed, have that idea planned at some point during the process. 

1 hour ago, DanParker said:

Can you give us a little more info? What color gradients. What color helmets. New sleve logo?

All I ask is that the keep the Columbia blue, it’s unique in the nfl since the chargers don’t want to use a light blue. I don’t get it. But I’m all for the Greek-motif but the battle worm shiny numbers or helmet is not the way to do it. I like the design in the anniversary logo. I think using that will help the look but honestly that white helmet they’re using now is pretty dope. And I don’t want red. We already have that kind of look with the patriots if the titans do decide to use grey. There’s lots of potential here. And I know they’ll screw it up

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You’re very likely correct, as I’ve been here as long as anyone and have experienced all the hoaxes. My point was that he hasn’t been “proven” wrong until the season starts without anything having been released. Nobody should be instantly believed until they’ve earned trust, but nobody should just be dismissed and ridiculed either, until they’ve been “proven” wrong. 

I would say that his claim that the Jags are going with a gold helmet after multiple sources confirmed it was a black helmet proves he's wrong. He claimed that the team must have switched things up since he last saw them, but we're dealing with a NFL rebrand. No way something as central to the team's identity as a helmet was just changed a month or two before the unveiling.

I agree that no one should be instantly believed or dismissed out of hand. I do think, however, that certain recent developments have cast the user in question in a dubious light.

As for multiple members who have “seen” the new set, what are you basing that on? Keep in mind that I’m inclined to believe them simply due to the way they’ve articulated their descriptions and that it all sounds reasonable (certainly more believable than the poster we’re discussing about “proving” wrong) but nobody here knows that they’ve seen them, unless there’s some photos that have been sent to the mods or some other true verification. 

So @TSHARE18 claimed to have seen the Jags set, and described it in a way that was almost entirely contrary to what @DanParker claimed. Ok. Like you I'm not inclined to believe or disbelieve one over the other.

Then multiple media sources close to the team confirmed the black helmet, throwing DanParker's "teal and gold UCLA" claims into question. He responded by claiming that the team changed their minds on the helmet since he last saw the new set, but that doesn't make any sense for the reasons I went over above.

Then a second user who claimed to have seen the set described them almost exactly as TSHARE18 described them.

All of this leads me to believe that TSHARE is, at the very least, closer to the truth than DanParker is.

Combine this with DanParker's claims that the Raiders are adding gold to their uniforms? And Parker's claims just come off sounding remarkably similar to the "Cowboys with chrome helmets/Titans in red and silver/Broncos in orange and chrome" BS that Reddit users try to peddle on a somewhat regular basis.

Obviously the Jags' set has yet to be unveiled, but given the totality of everything we've been told from multiple perspectives? I think it's fair to say that DanParker's just spreading falsities.

The forum is basically choosing to believe one (now two) posters and ridicule another, though neither side has presented any “proof” to be accepted or rejected.

I agree wholeheartedly. I didn't jump on DanParker at first for that reason. I do think, however, that enough has come to light to at least warrant the community being cautious about his "insider" info.

Archived