Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, even though a lot of you are jumping on this "yoke" thing, I'm not sure that's actually what you're seeing.  I'll bet these images are extremely selectively cropped and very carefully chosen. Back in '13 the Vikings' did the same sort of slow teaser roll out before their uniform debut, and they did an amazing job of making us feel like we were getting useful clues, while never revealing any of the actual details that made the uniform unique (for better or worse).   It's fun to fine tooth comb through images like these, but it's my opinion that we still have no real idea.

The one image that might give an actual clue as to where Nike decided to make their mark?  This one;

29101296_10104309666061872_4303891679695

This is the one where they seem to be giving you something strange, but it's also the one with the highest "blur-out".  In every new uniform since Nike took over, there's always that one (at least one) "thing"... be it Cleveland's big wordmarks, Jacksonville's 2 tone helmet, Tampa's alarm clock numbers... it's always something.  And you can be sure, there will be some "thing" here.

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You know, even though a lot of you are jumping on this "yoke" thing, I'm not sure that's actually what you're seeing.  I'll bet these images are extremely selectively cropped and very carefully chosen. Back in '13 the Vikings' did the same sort of slow teaser roll out before their uniform debut, and they did an amazing job of making us feel like we were getting useful clues, while never revealing any of the actual details that made the uniform unique (for better or worse).   It's fun to fine tooth comb through images like these, but it's my opinion that we still have no real idea.

The one image that might give an actual clue as to where Nike decided to make their mark?  This one;

This is the one where they seem to be giving you something strange, but it's also the one with the highest "blur-out".  In every new uniform since Nike took over, there's always that one (at least one) "thing"... be it Cleveland's big wordmarks, Jacksonville's 2 tone helmet, Tampa's alarm clock numbers... it's always something.  And you can be sure, there will be some "thing" here.

I'm pretty sure that is just the name plate. White letters, columbia blue trim, navy jersey. 

pro-stitch-banner.jpg

name_competition_big.jpg

062413coreyjersey620.jpg?itok=C5kcKwxE

1 minute ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I'm pretty sure that is just the name plate. White letters, columbia blue trim, navy jersey. 

pro-stitch-banner.jpg

name_competition_big.jpg

062413coreyjersey620.jpg?itok=C5kcKwxE

You may be right, but I'm having trouble seeing it.  Why is that light blue line tapered?  If the light blue is just an outline why is there white on both sides of it?  And why does the focus seem so obviously tampered with?

15 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You may be right, but I'm having trouble seeing it.  Why is that light blue line tapered?  If the light blue is just an outline why is there white on both sides of it?  And why does the focus seem so obviously tampered with?

At first glance it looks like the "A" in a "TITANS" nameplate for the reveal. But upon further investigation there's stitching to the right of it. I'm guessing either a zoomed in number or a sword on the leg

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

19 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Because certain letters like A and N have points that taper. Heck, just look at the # in that Chargers pick I posted. Zoom on it so that the tip of the inside is clipped you'll have the exact same effect that is happening in that Titan teaser.

22 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

My first guess was exactly the same thing.. White lettering, light blue outline, on a navy nameplate, on a navy jersey.. My best guess is it's the letter 'N'..

I'm going with: 

silver helmet and pants 

jerseys similar to the previous set

more small splashes of red (but nothing major)

new font

basically the same logo package and usage

28 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Here is a very rough mockup:

R8Oz7Sn.jpg

Archived