Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

Disappointing. I think a light blue helmet would have been nice and added something unique in the league.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JerseyJosh said:

Whatever I’m just glad they’re finally changing uniforms. Next to the Mavs of the NBA, their past set has become the most stale/outdated look in the 3 major sports I follow (nba/mlb/nfl). Moving up in the rankings are the Bengals and the Rockets. 

The white helmet will be missed. Looking forward to mashing that with the new set in Madden this year 

Don't forget the Cardinals and Falcons. The Mid 00s looks in both sports are bad.

1 hour ago, jerrylawless3 said:

No doubt those are the sleeve caps, but what’s up with that seam down the middle?

Edit: I also wonder if those images in the background of Shandon Melvin’s interview are any indication. There are definitely flaming thumbtacks in the bottom right.

I also found myself looking at the background photos. There is definitely images with uniforms. I see dark helmet, probably navy, white jersey with a light color number, maybe light blue, white pants, and light blue socks. 

Regarding the seam down the middle of the nike swoosh...is it possible they are taking inspiration from the sword in their logo and making the sleeve yoke-things half gray and half white? That's what my mind is seeing. No idea whats the truth, but I noticed the similarity to the sword and said "oh no..."

3 minutes ago, eRay said:

I also found myself looking at the background photos. There is definitely images with uniforms. I see dark helmet, probably navy, white jersey with a light color number, maybe light blue, white pants, and light blue socks. 

Regarding the seam down the middle of the nike swoosh...is it possible they are taking inspiration from the sword in their logo and making the sleeve yoke-things half gray and half white? That's what my mind is seeing. No idea whats the truth, but I noticed the similarity to the sword and said "oh no..."

I see the same - navy shell, white-on-white, light blue socks... I dark and light on the sleeve caps, too... they may have overthought that one...

Navy chrome! :lol:

Maybe they can do the thing the Jaguars did in the old set and the helmet is navy, but when light hits it, it turns Columbia blue.

There is literally another team in the division with navy helmets and yet another team with blue in the scheme... make it unique, people.

Oh well, maybe now the battle scarring will be navy with chrome highlights or something.

18 minutes ago, eRay said:

That does look like what they're doing, since IMO it looks like the left side was gray and the right side was white (both with metallic silver threading, though).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Personally, I think that navy helmets COULD be really sharp. With the way the Titans liked to wear their uniforms, the white helmets made things unbalanced. The background images definitely look like that a similar yoke is still present as well. 

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

If the Titans do a navy helmet, they need to do enough to differentiate themselves from the Texans.

I realize this was probably not specifically on purpose, but how ironic would it be if the franchise that forced Houston to develop a new identity ultimately adopts identifiable components of that identity?

We are the Titans, but we are also the Oilers, so you have to do something else... wait, we kind of like that... we're some of that now, too.

38 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

New Titans uniforms...

CFL-Argos.jpg

More like...

334r8uo.jpg

And no, I haven't seen the uniforms. Also, no, I don't think these look good. But they help show what I meant about the shoulder/sleeve stripe being split down the middle like the sword or T in the logos.

Does anyone else think the gray/silver looks like it might be kinda shiny like the old dazzle material? It definitely looked like it reflected more light than the blue fabric of the jersey body. Maybe Nike has finally found a way to give the new materials some shine?. It could also be that I'm just seeing things too... the blue helmet could look sharp but it would still be my fourth choice behind light blue, silver, and white. At least the uniforms don't look like a train wreck from the very out of focus scenes from the video, so I'm optimistic.

3 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

No doubt those are the sleeve caps, but what’s up with that seam down the middle?

Edit: I also wonder if those images in the background of Shandon Melvin’s interview are any indication. There are definitely flaming thumbtacks in the bottom right.

I just went and looked at my Vapor Untouchable jersey sample and that seam does not exist on the sleeves.  I'm weirded out.  I don't know why they'd do that or what they're doing.

Also, I was wrong about the collar being red.  Can plainly see that the body, shoulders, and collar are solid navy.  

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

That does look like what they're doing, since IMO it looks like the left side was gray and the right side was white (both with metallic silver threading, though).

You could be right...that's the only thing that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Esco said:

Looking more like the render is correct.

DYcU--RVQAA0SX-?format=jpg&name=large

This is way too similar to The Patriots. 

Make the shoulders red or powder blue and that would be a lot better. 

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

Archived