Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

She said some elements of the uniform are specific to the state of Tennessee.

“Titans fans are going to be proud of what they see,” she said. “They are going to kind of honor our great state. … That gives a little bit of something.” 

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Owner-Amy-Adams-Strunk-Talks-New-Uniforms/3865fc76-6c7c-4252-8ca6-7467c44a00a3?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

#DTWD #GoJaguars

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're so fast, Clay!

Also, this is interesting: "“You take our name, the Titans, and in Greek mythology they were gods, giant gods,” Strunk said. “The thing that Nike started from the beginning was, Titans, it’s superiority. So we wanted that feel. It is going to be what you think of a Titan."

3 hours ago, Esco said:

Looking more like the render is correct.

DYcU--RVQAA0SX-?format=jpg&name=large

Given the sleeves and the wordmark at the collar, I willing to be that the helmet has the silver/white bevel as stripes. Just a wild guess. The two-tone beveling seems to be a big thing.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

20 minutes ago, Gupti said:

“an iconic team, the Tennessee Titans..”

Umm...

I now it's a ridiculous thing to say, but I find it reassuring because it really seems like they won't obliterate this identity. Might even keep the good parts of it and fix the bad parts.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Damn shame if they lose the yoke.  That's an element with a long history in the NFL.

And one that nobody else really uses. 

What about the Tampa Bay...

Nobody else. 

4 hours ago, eRay said:

More like...

334r8uo.jpg

And no, I haven't seen the uniforms. Also, no, I don't think these look good. But they help show what I meant about the shoulder/sleeve stripe being split down the middle like the sword or T in the logos.

This is solid, but the number colors need to be reversed. I posted another one of their teasers a couple of pages back that pretty much confirms white numbers with a powder blue outline. 

1 hour ago, Claystation360 said:

She said some elements of the uniform are specific to the state of Tennessee.

“Titans fans are going to be proud of what they see,” she said. “They are going to kind of honor our great state. … That gives a little bit of something.” 

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Titans-Owner-Amy-Adams-Strunk-Talks-New-Uniforms/3865fc76-6c7c-4252-8ca6-7467c44a00a3?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

TRI STARS CONFIRMED (but for real, can't think of any other state symbol that would function this way)

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Well, it was GOING to be chrome with battle scars, but they changed it at the last minute [/sarcasm]

I never said anything about helmets. You have me confused with someone else. I did say the silver in the uniform is like a “Titan wearing armor” and now you all have proof of that.

6 minutes ago, DanParker said:

I never said anything about helmets. You have me confused with someone else. I did say the silver in the uniform is like a “Titan wearing armor” and now you all have proof of that.

Tell us again how Mariota will feel like he's going back to Oregon. What parts are "like Oregon". And are you ever going to send pictures to a moderator, or was that just an empty promise?

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Tell us again how Mariota will feel like he's going back to Oregon. What parts are "like Oregon". And are you ever going to send pictures to a moderator, or was that just an empty promise?

Because the uniforms have silver elements and are extremely futuristic looking and heavily inspired by their namesake.

What, did you think I was suggesting they would literally look like the ducks with a yellow monochrome look or something?

25 minutes ago, DanParker said:

This user is going to be banned when the uniforms are unveiled and we know he was BSing all along, right?

I come to this forum for facts. We really don't need this sort of thing around here. I understand he can't be banned until we have proof he was lying, but once we have it I hope mods will move quickly. 

1 hour ago, DanParker said:

Because the uniforms have silver elements and are extremely futuristic looking and heavily inspired by their namesake.

What, did you think I was suggesting they would literally look like the ducks with a yellow monochrome look or something?

Side panels. Gradients. Silver. Futuristic. Armor.

Am I missing anything?

2 hours ago, DanParker said:

Well, you could have meant chrome helmets, special fabric for the numbers, ghosted NOB, perhaps some carbon-fiber details...your post was ridiculously nebulous, and you're only confirming specific details after everyone has seen the pictures.  Kudos, bro. That takes balls.

2 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

This user is going to be banned when the uniforms are unveiled and we know he was BSing all along, right?

I come to this forum for facts. We really don't need this sort of thing around here. I understand he can't be banned until we have proof he was lying, but once we have it I hope mods will move quickly. 

DP: "The Titans unis are gonna be just like Oregon!"

Us: "Can you give us any specifics that won't get you in trouble?"

DP: "Not really, no. Well, I can, but I won't. Just think about the name Titans. They're modern."

Us: "Well that doesn't narrow it down; anyone could say that as that's pretty ill-defined."

--picture are released--

DP: "SEE GUYS! I told you so!"

He technically didn't lie...he just didn't tell us anything that was relevant until after the Titans released the images.

Titans%20Teaser_zpslvcwdj0j.png

What is this? It can't be the front of the jersey because there's not that much space between the collar and numbers.

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants...

spacer.png

Too small to be a leg, so most likely a tramp stamp.

If they really wanted to be bold, they'd put the T logo right on the crotch, with a star on each side.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

Titans%20Teaser_zpslvcwdj0j.png

What is this? It can't be the front of the jersey because there's not that much space between the collar and numbers.

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants

Please don't be pants...

I’m holding out on the hope that that’s just a sample fabric (what they were talking about at that point in the video) with the wordmark stitched in. 

Bit it’s probably the pants.

Archived