Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Jezus_Ghoti

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm struggling to think of a time in recent history where an NFL team has had a drastic change in their color scheme. Shades will change here and there but for the most part the team colors stay true.  I think there's something to be said for that. Compare that to the NBA where you could see a team go through 10 colors in 8 years. Overall, I hope the Titans don't do anything too crazy. 

90758391980.gif

24 minutes ago, TJSC said:

About that leak, how can you possibly see the uniform without seeing the logo printed on either the jersey or the helmets?

This is ultimately the most damning thing for this guy's legitmacy IMO. I pressed him for more details and asked him that exact question to which he responded that he wasn't comfortable commenting on that yet. His claim to being in the know is that he lives in Eugene and knows a lot of people that work at Nike. Kind of like those kids that told you they knew the cheat to catch Mew because their uncle works at Nintendo. He's not a new poster there and his history supports his claims but I still am having a really hard time buying it. The description is different enough to be interesting but vague enough to be mysterious and easily made up. Regardless, time will tell. 

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I'm struggling to think of a time in recent history where an NFL team has had a drastic change in their color scheme. Shades will change here and there but for the most part the team colors stay true.  I think there's something to be said for that. Compare that to the NBA where you could see a team go through 10 colors in 8 years. Overall, I hope the Titans don't do anything too crazy. 

Didn't the owner's wife say something about the change not being too drastic? 

Jaguars

14 minutes ago, Teal said:

Didn't the owner's wife say something about the change not being too drastic? 

The owner herself. I'm not buying the rumors. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

50 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The Bucs going from creamsicle to pewter is the only example I can think of.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

16 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The Bucs going from creamsicle to pewter is the only example I can think of.

Post merger, yeah that's the only one. There were plenty in the 60s with the AFL (Broncos, Jets/Titans, Bills). 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, kimball said:

Post merger, yeah that's the only one. There were plenty in the 60s with the AFL (Broncos, Jets/Titans, Bills). 

It was the most recent once but not the only one. Patriots also drastically changed their look and color scheme in the 90s.

11 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Tampa Bay in 1997 was probably the biggest change of color schemes I can think of in the NFL.

11 hours ago, henburg said:

This is ultimately the most damning thing for this guy's legitmacy IMO. I pressed him for more details and asked him that exact question to which he responded that he wasn't comfortable commenting on that yet. His claim to being in the know is that he lives in Eugene and knows a lot of people that work at Nike. Kind of like those kids that told you they knew the cheat to catch Mew because their uncle works at Nintendo. He's not a new poster there and his history supports his claims but I still am having a really hard time buying it. The description is different enough to be interesting but vague enough to be mysterious and easily made up. Regardless, time will tell. 

It is possible that he saw a leaked concept that isn't the actual set. I feel like there's always a behind the scenes video that goes through the design process that shows unused concepts..could be that. But i agree this seems pretty drastic. I really like their current color scheme and don't hate their uniforms.  

42 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Tampa Bay in 1997 was probably the biggest change of color schemes I can think of in the NFL.

I'd say the 2002 Seahawks have to be near the top of that list.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

The rumored colors recall this old combo (but with the primary swapped out.)

1970_Houston.png

I always liked that version.

I'd be okay with that combo if the jersey is light blue.  But a red jersey would look pretty bad.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 hours ago, henburg said:

That is a perfect analogy. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived