Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Cap

WWE SummerSlam: 20 August 2017

nuordr    469

Could WWE being doing a parody of "broken" with "awoken"

charger77    1,053

– WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair recently spoke with Gamespot on a wide variety of wrestling topics, check out the highlights below:

On leaving WCW for WWE in 1991:

“I left WCW because I couldn’t get along with a guy named Jim Herd. Ted [Turner] liked wrestling, thank god, but he put his best friends in charge. You had somebody who didn’t know anything about wrestling running a wrestling company! And that’s just not the way it works, you know? The guy came in and said he wanted to cut my hair and give me an earring and then call me Spartacus. The guy sitting next to me, Kevin Sullivan, said, ‘Well, why don’t we just kill Mickey Mantle and change his number, too!?’ It was that drastic. I was outta there. And one week later, Vince [McMahon] made me the champion. So that’s one of my greatest promos. ‘With a tear in my eye, y’all can kiss my ass!’”

BringBackTheVet    4,169
3 hours ago, nuordr said:

Could WWE being doing a parody of "broken" with "awoken"

Yeah, he's been testing "Woken Wisdom" on social media for a while now.

The thing is, it's so much more than just the word "broken".  What made it great was the whole universe.  Benjamin, King Maxel, Reby, Vanguard1, George Washington, Joe Frazier, the 7 Deities, etc.

Obviously I'll give it a chance, but I think I'd rather just let BROKEN die, rather than go with what is essentially the Go-Bots of gimmicks.

DDR    951
34 minutes ago, Atomic said:

giphy.gif

Is the from the new season of Southpaw Regional? 

Gary.    290
40 minutes ago, DDR said:

From Guardians Inferno. Guardians of the Galaxy music video

Gary.    290
42 minutes ago, DDR said:

From Guardians Inferno. Guardians of the Galaxy music video

AstroBull21    542

I had to laugh....

Heard a promo on the radio for the WWE Live event in Tampa the week before Summerslam plugging events like Brock and Joe for the belt, Jinder and Randy for the belt, KO and AJ for the belt.

Like any of those guys are losing LOL

Alex Houston    185
21 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Chyna was already with done with WWE before her sex tape, right? I doubt Sunny's ever coming back.

But as BBTV pointed out, Xavier Woods is still employed. X-Pac has been back a bunch of times too. It ain't right.

Why was he on the short list?

Also, it looks like Enzo is on the road to being not only a 'Certified G' but a 'Certified A-Hole' with his behaviors backstage. 
Maybe someone could teach him that.

BringBackTheVet    4,169
4 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

Also, it looks like Enzo is on the road to being not only a 'Certified G' but a 'Certified A-Hole' with his behaviors backstage. 
Maybe someone could teach him that.

So the stripper was upset with conduct that she believed was unbecoming of a WWE star?  I can just imagine her walking off stage covering her :censored: and saying "I expect that behavior from normal people, but not from a WWE superstar.  Someone get Vince on the phone".

also, "amore is embarrassing himself and tarnishing their brand".  LOL.  The product is tarnishing the brand, more so than anything anyone is doing outside the ring.

dfwabel    984
On 08/06/2017 at 7:08 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

What is "Charge" TV?  I was flipping through channels looking for something and came across ROH on this strange channel.  Not sure if it's current or not, but Cody is the champion.

Charge is a digital channel owned by Sinclair, who also owns ROH. Cody has been champion for about six week, right before the NJPW in Long Beach and on the Indy circuit he makes his appearances "title matches" in the ring before his match begins.

DDR    951

"Enzo Amore is a loudmouth backstage, too, and is kind of annoying!" He'll be Future Endeavored soon. He's a locker room cancer.

"JBL has physically and emotionally abused many Superstars and other WWE personnel." That's just good ol' fashioned hazing, Maggle! You should see how Ivan Koloff would stretch guys back in the day.

habsfan1    1,290

Jason Jordan had a match against a enhancement guy on Raw.

JJ was getting booed. The jobber was getting cheered and got a ''Let's Go Jobber'' chant. If Raw was next door in Montreal instead of Toronto, the jobber, who's a french Canadian named Jean-Pierre Goulet, would have gotten the pop of the night.

Yeah, booking Jason Jordan as a smiling babyface who smiles & hi fives children isn't working.......as expected...

The Miz will be entering this feud as the babyface lol.

DDR    951
21 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

JJ was getting booed. The jobber was getting cheered and got a ''Let's Go Jobber'' chant. If Raw was next door in Montreal instead of Toronto, the jobber, who's a french Canadian named Jean-Pierre Goulet, would have gotten the pop of the night.

Yeah, booking Jason Jordan as a smiling babyface who smiles & hi fives children isn't working.......as expected...

I hope we're headed towards a swerve where it's revealed Corey Graves and Jason Jordan plotted this whole thing to further JJ's career.

DDR    951

WWE held the Hardys off TV yesterday because they're scrambling to figure out if/where they fit into SummerSlam now that the Revival can't compete.

habsfan1    1,290
10 minutes ago, insert name said:

3 hours and they couldn't fit this?

Cruiserweights usually get 2 matches, 6 minutes total on a 3 hour show. Not 6 minutes per match. 6 minutes between both matches.

They got this habit of keeping fun stuff off of TV...

6 minutes ago, DDR said:

WWE held the Hardys off TV yesterday because they're scrambling to figure out if/where they fit into SummerSlam now that the Revival can't compete.

They could still do the match vs the Hardys and have Dash do most/all of the work and keep the match short. It's a 4 hour show. It's okay to have a few shorter matches. It's better than no Summerslam match at all. They can do a rematch at a later date.

BringBackTheVet    4,169
1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Thats exactly how you book him. Then you make him really conceited and arrogant, then he turns on the crowd, and hopefully has enough personality to make it all interesting. Has worked for people before, including his "dad".

BringBackTheVet    4,169
59 minutes ago, DDR said:

I hope we're headed towards a swerve where it's revealed Corey Graves and Jason Jordan plotted this whole thing to further JJ's career.

That might be how they get out of this, when that point comes (and it will). Hopefully for them JJ gets over, then they can untie Angle from him. It's not one of those angles they can run forever