Alternate Uniforms Worn Once Or Twice

wildfan2440

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Jacksonville has only worn the teal jerseys once since the rebrand - 2013 vs Chargers. It's such a nicer look to the black and I miss it so much

131020_Jaguars_vs_Chargers_Football-Vernacotola-0010-XL.jpg

IMHO it would work better than black as a colored jersey in the heat of Florida.

15 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Jacksonville has only worn the teal jerseys once since the rebrand - 2013 vs Chargers. It's such a nicer look to the black and I miss it so much

So much better than the black jerseys.

2 hours ago, mikey from recess said:

Since FSU's 2014 rebrand (refresh? modernization? semantics.) they've worn their black alternates just once.

3.jpg

ZKNWBWMOITVBBHX.20151121231056.jpg

When FSU came out with the black alternates I really thought they looked great and would have stuck around for a pretty long time. I do wish they were paired with a full garnet helmet though.

16 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

The entire Jaguars organization is just advanced stupid. The teal was clearly the better jersey option and the team shelved it without listening to fans liking towards it. Now we're forced to look at mustard bottles once a year.

19 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Considering you're from Minnesota, were you thinking of the Twins' 1997 red jersey when you made this topic?

minnesota-twins-1997-schedule-red-jersey 

YES i was thinking about it the whole time i was posting this! 

SKOL VIKINGS    GO WILD

Minnesota            

Is                      

LOSERVILLE          

Weird that those Jags unis are on the clock now... this will already be the fifth season they've been worn. Not that they're smart enough to definitely change next year, but they could

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Odd that this says the left picture is a replica jersey despite the Diamond Collection tag and the team-color Russell logo on the sleeve...I'm pretty sure Russell's authentics had Diamond Collection tags and team-color Russell sleeve logos while the cheaper replicas had Genuine Merchandise tags and red-and-blue Russell logos.  Unless, of course, in this display a game-worn is the only "authentic" while a retail jersey is "replica".

As an owner of an authentic of this jersey, I can confirm your information. I'm guessing this is labeled "replica" because everything else I've seen from the Doubleknit Style Guide is game-worn.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

23 hours ago, wildfan2440 said:

YES i was thinking about it the whole time i was posting this! 

Why didn't you post it at the beginning of the thread then?

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 8/5/2017 at 11:30 AM, Cosmic said:

Sabres post-9/11 uniforms. Only worn once.

283koz4.jpeg

Did the Rangers wear that New York jersey more than once?  I know they once had New York on the blues, but it wasn't in this style jersey.

18 minutes ago, M4One said:

Did the Rangers wear that New York jersey more than once?  I know they once had New York on the blues, but it wasn't in this style jersey.

They did as an away jersey from 1978-87.

IMG_6486.JPG

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, M4One said:

283koz4.jpeg

1 hour ago, insert name said:

They did as an away jersey from 1978-87.

IMG_6486.JPG

Yes, the 9/11 is slightly different (collar and stripe spacing). Good catch!

3 hours ago, appleclock said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this classic only saw action in one or two actual games before getting dumped.

IMG_2522.JPG

I think it was worn at least 6 times. I've seen pictures or videos against LA, Tampa, Hartford, Dallas, and St. Louis.

Back in 2012, Arkansas State unveiled these obscenely busy monstrosities for a single game against ULM. None of the images really show it, but these also had the Adidas tentacles at the bottom of the jerseys.

0ptqVMa.jpgARhZXYj.jpgcDYCJKn.jpg

Weirdly, there were retail versions of the standard uniforms in red that were never worn. Standard uniforms in the spoiler for comparison's sake.

Spoiler

nnGGQGl.jpg

Archived