ItDoesntMatter

National Dashball League: A Fictional Sport, A Fictional Future - 2019 Expansion Board

Meet Sean Flores, from Tampa, Florida (well Clearwater if you want to be specific). Sean, at only 28 became a prominent financial advisor to the stars in the southeast. Flash forward four years to today and the Yale graduate owns a few hotel chains and valuable properties in addition to his stock market advising business FloCo Financial. He is a generally dislikable guy with a lot of cash and no care for other people's feelings. Typical business man stuff.

Sean votes for

1. Nashville- Quickly growing city with many young people, also a great sports city.

2. Houston- Great city, and it's very diverse, it'd really help expand the fanbase.

He refuses to vote on a number three because he can't vote for his hometown, not that he cares about his hometown, but he has clients who do.

Ben Lee, a CEO of an engineering company UrbanBuild in Melbourne, Australia, is interested in spreading the word of Dashball and aims to eventually bring the sport to Australia. In the United States, Lee wants to improve the quality of the game in order to expand its popularity and his votes are:

1. Atlanta - large market - the Southeast needs to have a presence.

2. Nashville - Spreads the league to the mid-south and the people of Tennessee will really get behind them.

3. Denver - Fills in another hole for the Rocky Mountains - largest market there and will probably bring in as many people to the game.

Meet Blake Gabriel, a very rich CEO of the newest technology company, GabeTech. Gabriel has been a huge sports fan over the years and is a proud supporter of the newly formed National Dashball League. His votes: 

1. Orlando 

Reasoning: Orlando has very little professional sports presence, which offers more ticket and merchandise sales. He believes Orlando deserves more than just two professional sports teams. 

2. Nashville 

Reasoning: With loyal fans, and little professional presence, they are sure to do well. Gabriel likes the odds with Nashville. 

3. Denver 

Reasoning: Denver arguably has the most loyal fans, and putting a team there will help incredibly with the geographical hole in the league. 

Gabriel thanks ItDoesntMatter for the opportunity on the expansion committee. 

Ned Clément an entrepreneur from Belgium is a big fan of the new sport and wants to see it flourish in the near future. Ask anyone in France and they'll tell you he's never made a bad investment. His votes are:

-Atlanta: Atlanta is a big sports city. They can and will get behind any franchise in the city. Integral in gaining new fans of the sport.

-Nashville: Nashville is a market on the cusps of success ready to be poached. Securing this market is key, the fans in Nashville are yearning for a franchise.

-Orlando: Clément believes Orlando is a market too valuable to have only two pro sports teams. A team in Orlando would pave way for the new generation of sports fans and increase general interest down south.

Happy New Year, everyone! Thanks to all who have already submitted their votes. I just wanted to bump this in case anyone else wanted to throw their hat into the ring. I'll probably leave this open for another day or two, and then we can get moving again.

Gianluigi Vanucci, is the CEO of Imperio Gaming (based in Los Angeles) who's taken a keen interest in the game of Dashball having attended many Sabertooths games. He's in the midst of developing a series of Dashball games to release to the common market. 

Gianluigi votes for
Nashville - He is firmly in the camp that the league needs a strong southern presence so starting in Nashville who can certainly get behind and provide an awesome atmosphere 
Atlanta - Given the Success of Atlanta United, he is firmly in the camp if you bring it to the sports hungry, they will come.
Orlando - Strong fan support at Orlando City can lead to a strong team culture and thus it can stay competitive 

I'll throw my hat in the ring too. 

1) Denver - Teams in the mountains are always awesome and they usually have a loyal following since there isn't competition out there. 

2) Salt Lake - In your post, you said that the city is like Denver's young cousin. Salt Lake would be a great complementary team for Denver, as somebody to keep them on their toes. A healthy, friendly rivalry can be a good thing for both teams. 

3) Orlando - Orlando is too valuable to just have two pro teams. With Disney World nearby, an expansion team there would have a great source for fans, even if they are not from the area. The stadium should be filled for most of their games without any difficulties. 

Thanks again to all of you who voted! The Expansion Board has reached a conclusion, and has selected Nashville (12 points), Denver (10), and Orlando (9) as the newest National Dashball League franchises. In case you're wondering, the rest of the standings played out like this:

Nashville (12)

Denver (10)

Orlando (9)

Atlanta (8)

Raleigh (6)

Salt Lake City (5)

Houston (3)

Miami (0)

I will be welcoming name suggestions for each of these teams, which will begin play in 2022. I should have the offseason post up in the next few days.

1 hour ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

Thanks again to all of you who voted! The Expansion Board has reached a conclusion, and has selected Nashville (12 points), Denver (10), and Orlando (9) as the newest National Dashball League franchises. In case you're wondering, the rest of the standings played out like this:

Nashville (12)

Denver (10)

Orlando (9)

Atlanta (8)

Raleigh (6)

Salt Lake City (5)

Houston (3)

Miami (0)

I will be welcoming name suggestions for each of these teams, which will begin play in 2022. I should have the offseason post up in the next few days.

Nashville HoundDogs (spelled like that) or Kings

Denver Prospectors

Orlando 'Canes (spelled like that)

Orlando Rockets 

Denver Miners 

Don’t know what to do for Nashville

Nashville Bandits (You can make a Raccoon Logo given it's the state animal)
Orlando Orbits
Denver Bighorns

4 hours ago, Darknes said:

Orlando Orbits
Denver Bighorns

Thinking the same thing for Orlando and Nashville

Denver could also be the miners

8 hours ago, Darknes said:

Orlando Orbits
Denver Bighorns

I really like all of these, especially the raccoon idea for Nashville, though I might do something a little different with the name. Orlando Orbits might also work with @TekkogsSteve's Universal Studios idea, sort of playing off of their logo (or their old logos).

Feel free to keep the suggestions coming though; I don't want to have to use all three of @Darknes's ideas :lol:

The Nashville Bandits idea is fun, especially with the raccoon. That one's a winner. 

I also like Orlando Orbits. If you want to go Florida, Florida Flamingos could be an option, although that would work better with a Miami team (but Miami didn't do to hot in this vote, so who know's if they'll ever get one). 

For Denver, I'd go with the Colorado Pinnacles. It could still have some mountain imagery, but the name would be less wordy than "Mountaineers" Bighorns is another good name as well.

For Orlando, even though it's not coastal, maybe go with the Leatherbacks (which is a common type of sea turtle) and claim the state: Florida Leatherbacks. Plus, it gives you a turtle for imagery.

For Denver... the Rocky Mountain Oysters? But in seriousness, you could go with the Denver High, play up the mountains, and low key is tied to the legalized marijuana in the state.

Denver Haymakers (Hay is Colorado's leading cash crop)

Nashville Goo Goo Clusters (Sponsered by Standard Candy Company)

Orlando SwampMice