ItDoesntMatter

National Dashball League: A Fictional Sport, A Fictional Future - Colorado Pinnacles (+ Signature Updates)

Recommended Posts

I think it’s one of the best so far in terms of a set of unis that look really professional and that stick to a motif. Those shorts are so good I would buy in an instant irl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't checked this thread out since the beginning, and for some reason I still can't see any of the photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CodeG said:

I haven't checked this thread out since the beginning, and for some reason I still can't see any of the photos

 

I spent quite a bit of time looking into this today and I still couldn't figure anything out. I have some suspicions as to the cause of the problem, but nothing I've found so far seems to fix it. In the meantime, all the images are in this Google Drive folder, if you don't mind digging a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

 

I spent quite a bit of time looking into this today and I still couldn't figure anything out. I have some suspicions as to the cause of the problem, but nothing I've found so far seems to fix it. In the meantime, all the images are in this Google Drive folder, if you don't mind digging a bit.

ok, I know when you first started there was a way I could view the photos but I don't remember how. Thanks for trying and the Google drive so I can see the teams and stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last but not least, we have the Colorado Pinnacles, a name suggested by @~Bear. I went with Pinnacles largely because I liked the way it sounded, but also because it has the dual meaning of reaching the top, which obviously they hope to do.

 

uc?id=1rxfGm5y2TbO6DxCE2niJ08bV2dy9XCnG

 

The Pinnacles are the first team to really have four primary colors, and the logosheet reflects this. The primary logo is a mountain with the sun just behind it, and hopefully enough of a cannabis leaf to be obvious without being too obvious. The secondary goes much simpler and bolder, with a more explicitly defined pinnacle of the mountain. The tertiary logo is a gold pan modeled after the ubiquitous state flag, and the wordmark likewise follows the example of that C.

 

uc?id=1_UckKoxkddy6LNiKBOUoczKq8R5gHsWi

 

I bet y'all thought that uniform from the teaser image was gonna be an alternate. Nope, that's their primary uniform, and they get a matching secondary in the other two colors to boot. There's kind of a lot going on, but I feel like it all works together. They also get a green alternate and a flag alternate, because we know how much Coloradans like their green and their flag. All the shorts have matching stripes, and they also go all the way around the shorts (kind of like the Celtics or Rangers).

 

uc?id=1Q1lDu8642CPV9447W2HbMmeu6ampMakK

 

Given that the uniforms were pretty over-the-top, the court is relatively simple. The primary logo is stained inside the 5-point lines and the secondary gets center court. They also get a "Climb Higher" tagline, which also helps add a little more color.

 

The offseason post is up next, but first, what do you guys think? Let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any more comments on Colorado?

 

In the meantime, I've updated the league signatures. As always, if you want a team-specific one, just let me know.

Spoiler

uc?id=17QNtRiv5ku8eomElFyi1FikBwWhkCitR

 

uc?id=1HpL8GmidbAbTCn3uQ0UPP-USWE0YAUkG

 

uc?id=1L64z0xtxRjkn4web9iwiByS7fm2Ut_Xq

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ItDoesntMatter said:

Any more comments on Colorado?

 

That design really shows that your creativity is more than budding. That design sort of lights up the league and I hope that this team doesn't go up in smoke this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea but the colors ruin it, I’d maximize the green and yellow as it hasn’t been used yet, or brighten the red more. Reminds me too much of Seattle or New York. Green and yellow is a combination you’ve yet to use so I think it would make them stand out more! I like the design but the weed looks more like a bear claw mark to me personally but I think that makes sense too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

That design really shows that your creativity is more than budding. That design sort of lights up the league and I hope that this team doesn't go up in smoke this year.

I have to admit, I had to read this twice to hash it out. Thanks for the kind words, though!

 

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

I like the idea but the colors ruin it, I’d maximize the green and yellow as it hasn’t been used yet, or brighten the red more. Reminds me too much of Seattle or New York. Green and yellow is a combination you’ve yet to use so I think it would make them stand out more! I like the design but the weed looks more like a bear claw mark to me personally but I think that makes sense too.

I tried to make green>yellow>red>white the hierarchy, although I did want to balance them out as much as possible and I can see how it might not come off that way, especially when the primary jersey is mainly green and red. (For the record, I see the Sawyers as silver>green>brown and the Chargers as bronze>cream>green.) As for the bear claw, I definitely didn't intend it, but let's pretend I did :P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you could easily make the stripes on the home uniform yellow or something. I’d leave the red as an accent. Also forgot to mention that I’m lovin the pant stripe. Just realized that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dig the Pins' but I do think the Red needs to be brightened up some, the mix of the dark green and that shade of red, makes it come off very muddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

I think you could easily make the stripes on the home uniform yellow or something. I’d leave the red as an accent. Also forgot to mention that I’m lovin the pant stripe. Just realized that.

I intentionally made the primary green and red because the other two colors contrasted well with it. Neither white nor red contrasts as well with the green and gold stripes as the white and gold do with the green and red. It also allows me to make the secondary be basically the opposite, with green/red on one and white/gold on the other. Here's a mockup of the primary in green and gold so you can see it for yourself, but I don't think that's a way I'm gonna go.

 

1 hour ago, Darknes said:

I dig the Pins' but I do think the Red needs to be brightened up some, the mix of the dark green and that shade of red, makes it come off very muddy.

The red is darker than the green right now, so I'm not sure brightening the red is the solution, and none of the shades I tried seemed to make it any better. I did try a lighter green, and while I think it solves the muddiness, I definitely like the green (and most of the rest of the set) better as it is. I also tried to make the red darker, but you can't go much further before you get to brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now