International Football 2017-2018

AnPheitseog

1 hour ago, DScruggy729 said:

False. 

Not trying to be antagonistic in any way, just legitimately wondering who you’d put ahead of him. I’ll put Harry Kane and Sergio Aguero ahead of him but after that it’s debatable imo. 

spacer.png

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I just go by the scoring table. He and Salah work great togetehr which means they take from each other. If Salah were not there he would not be as open as he was vs Southampton last weekend.

This is true, but what striker is this not true for? We don’t discount Harry Kane because of the spaces Eriksen opens up for him. Same goes for Aguero/Jesus with De Bruyne. 

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Not trying to be antagonistic in any way, just legitimately wondering who you’d put ahead of him. I’ll put Harry Kane and Sergio Aguero ahead of him but after that it’s debatable imo. 

To me it’s down to strikers I’d rather have then him. Kane, Aguero, Jesus, Morata, Lukaku, and Aubameyang are all players I’d rather have then Firmino.

That’s just me though. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

28 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

To me it’s down to strikers I’d rather have then him. Kane, Aguero, Jesus, Morata, Lukaku, and Aubameyang are all players I’d rather have then Firmino.

That’s just me though. 

Fair points. Only ones I really disagree with a lot are Morata and Lukaku. To me Firmino is level with them on finishing ability and has better work rates and creativity. 

Difference of opinion though. What is for certain is that he’s transitioned from attacking midfielder to striker seamlessly. 

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

PSG are the Capitals of European football. They usually do excellent when it’s easy (Ligue 1) but then completely bottle it when it counts (UCL).

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

PSG are the Capitals of European football. They usually do excellent when it’s easy (Ligue 1) but then completely bottle it when it counts (UCL).

Not even close. More like Phily.

Pure evil, and anyone who cheers for them is a person that needs to just go away. For good. And anyone that talks to them should be shunned as well.

EDIT: On second though, they make philly looks like the most lovable sports city ever, one that any respectable person would be proud to cheer for.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

If I had a dollar every time Real scores off a deflected shot. 

I don’t like PSG at all, but Real in the champions league scares me. Their never-ending well of cosmic luck ruins the competition. 

11 minutes ago, Mockba said:

I'm not sure Arsenal fans currently get to mock Tottenham. ;)

Just a little bit of Schadenfreude, then we'll get back to our regularly scheduled navel-gazing and infighting.

20 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Just a little bit of Schadenfreude, then we'll get back to our regularly scheduled navel-gazing and infighting.

Well you have a 2 goal lead going home vs AC Milan. No way y'all can throw that away, right? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Well you have a 2 goal lead going home vs AC Milan. No way y'all can throw that away, right? 

*Insert joker popcorn gif here* 

Never fun to lose to United but it's a minor setback on a very good season. Game of two halves - and United took their chances in their half (1st) and Liverpool didn't in their's. Penalty decision for Valencia's handball was questionable at best but that didn't decide anything imo. 

Have to admit, would be very scared to draw United in the quarters of the UCL (assuming they get through). Their counterattacking ability and prowess in defending one goal leads scares me, as does how well Ashley Young pocketed Salah today. Would still be a fantastic matchup though. 

spacer.png

On 3/10/2018 at 2:00 PM, Crabcake47 said:

Never fun to lose to United but it's a minor setback on a very good season. Game of two halves - and United took their chances in their half (1st) and Liverpool didn't in their's. Penalty decision for Valencia's handball was questionable at best but that didn't decide anything imo. 

Have to admit, would be very scared to draw United in the quarters of the UCL (assuming they get through). Their counterattacking ability and prowess in defending one goal leads scares me, as does how well Ashley Young pocketed Salah today. Would still be a fantastic matchup though. 

Liverpool drawing United would actually be pretty good for them in

UCL. Better than them drawing Real, Barca, or Bayern and getting steamrolled. 

2 hours ago, DScruggy729 said:

Liverpool drawing United would actually be pretty good for them in

UCL. Better than them drawing Real, Barca, or Bayern and getting steamrolled. 

The only attack in that group that should scare Liverpool is Barca. If Van Dijk goes missing like Saturday it could be a different story.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That’s a glorious bit of schadenfreude there. Sevilla, a team that has glaring defensive holes not dissimilar to Liverpool’s, and United registered 4 shots on target. 

Only reason it was so close was Sevilla’s bad finishing. Beautiful. 

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

That’s a glorious bit of schadenfreude there. Sevilla, a team that has glaring defensive holes not dissimilar to Liverpool’s, and United registered 4 shots on target. 

Only reason son it was so close was Sevilla’s bad finishing. Beautiful. 

United pissed away 2-3 great chances. Smalling missed an easy tap in at the back post. Their defence was just poor today, the corner goal should not have happened, and their defenders were stretched way too easily on the counter. Not going to miss them United, it's good to see an underdog get some of that champions league money. 

Archived